News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Papo- new for 2014

Started by Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus, November 08, 2013, 04:30:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gwangi

Quote from: SpittersForEver on June 01, 2014, 09:45:18 PM
If your saying there's no real pics then what is the one on the DTF banner?
Just wondering.

Stock photo from the company, probably the prototype. Models often look different once they've actually been massed produced.

The CollectA Mapusaurus is a prime example. Everyone was excited that we were getting this...

And this is what was actually released. I think this one belongs to TQ.

tyrantqueen

QuoteAnd this is what was actually released. I think this one belongs to TQ.
Correct :)

tyrantqueen

Just wondering.
Those are stock photos.

(Oops, sorry for double posting :()

Gwangi

It's always kind of strange finding your own picture in a Google image search isn't it?

Hynerpeton

Quote from: Gwangi on June 02, 2014, 03:09:01 AM
It's always kind of strange finding your own picture in a Google image search isn't it?

Yeah. Cause i search my state mueum and found pics i took of the Dino exhibit. Lol
Walking With Monsers:
[about Lystrosaurus] Astonishingly, their vast herds make up more than half of all life on Earth. Never again will a single species do so well.

Walking With Monsters: (Hynerpeton) To avoid injury the males demonstrate their strength  in a strange  push up contest.

SpittersForEver

Quote from: tyrantqueen on June 02, 2014, 12:04:06 AM
Just wondering.
Those are stock photos.

(Oops, sorry for double posting :()

Thanks.
Quote from: Gwangi on June 01, 2014, 10:25:09 PM
Just wondering.

Stock photo from the company, probably the prototype. Models often look different once they've actually been massed produced.

The CollectA Mapusaurus is a prime example. Everyone was excited that we were getting this...

And this is what was actually released. I think this one belongs to TQ.

Thanks again.

Blade-of-the-Moon

So disappointed in that thing..at least the new Carcharodontosaurus makes up for it.

sauroid

if not for the paint style, you'd think it's a Schleich figure.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Simon

*LOL*  What an episode that was.  Heartwarming to see how Collecta learned from that episode and that - 5 years after I initially made the prediction in this forum - they have indeed ridden their commitment to improve each year to the top of the dinotoy industry.  (I can say that now, can't I?)

Everything_Dinosaur

The set of six dinosaurs in a tub (Papo) is now available from Everything Dinosaur: Papo Dinosaurs Tub

We saw these models as prototypes a while back, the Triceratops is our particular favourite and there is a definite hint of "Jurassic Park" about the T. rex and the Spinoaurus models in particular. The T. rex is in a pose that is reminiscent of the shot in the first JP film when the banner comes down at the end after the T. rex has devoured the Dromaeosaurs. The Spinosaurus model in this set reminds us of the Spino seen in Jurassic Park 3.

SpartanSquat

Quote from: Everything_Dinosaur on June 09, 2014, 09:07:04 PM
The set of six dinosaurs in a tub (Papo) is now available from Everything Dinosaur: Papo Dinosaurs Tub

We saw these models as prototypes a while back, the Triceratops is our particular favourite and there is a definite hint of "Jurassic Park" about the T. rex and the Spinoaurus models in particular. The T. rex is in a pose that is reminiscent of the shot in the first JP film when the banner comes down at the end after the T. rex has devoured the Dromaeosaurs. The Spinosaurus model in this set reminds us of the Spino seen in Jurassic Park 3.
Thanks for the info! My parents gift me the tube yesterday from their travel. Do you know when Dilophosaurus will be?

CityRaptor

I think the Rex actually reminds me more of the Schleich one:
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Concavenator

Blade-of-the-Moon

Not a member there ( can't see the pic ) but I'll take your word for it. :)

Hynerpeton

Walking With Monsers:
[about Lystrosaurus] Astonishingly, their vast herds make up more than half of all life on Earth. Never again will a single species do so well.

Walking With Monsters: (Hynerpeton) To avoid injury the males demonstrate their strength  in a strange  push up contest.

Concavenator

Alexxitator

Owww it's a beauty! I'm gonna grab one as soon as I find it! :-)
Might do a lil paintjob though. On closer inspection the paintjob is... open to improvement...
To kill an error is as good a service as, and sometimes even better than, the establishing of a new truth or fact.
-Charles Darwin-

SpartanSquat

Its now in Germany! Its strange, its stand by the right hand?

postsaurischian

:-\ I'm not a big fan.
It can't compete with the similarly sized Kaiyodo figure from years ago.

Yutyrannus

Wow, the quality of Papo figures has really gone down :(.

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: