News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Papo- new for 2014

Started by Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus, November 08, 2013, 04:30:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SpittersForEver

I found something that I don't think is right, you know the Papo Archeopteryx? It's £11.99 in my local shop and it's not
that big. Anyone know where it can be bought for less?

tyrantqueen

Quote from: SpittersForEver on June 21, 2014, 09:41:01 PM
I found something that I don't think is right, you know the Papo Archeopteryx? It's £11.99 in my local shop and it's not
that big. Anyone know where it can be bought for less?
Papo figures can be on the expensive side. Shop around to find a better deal is the only thing I can suggest :-\

Alexxitator

My local shop sells it for around €.15,99 I think, wich is in par with your amount in £ I think. I bought a lot of my stuff from a good guy in Germany http://www.ebay.nl/itm/Archeopteryx-12-cm-Papo-Dinosaurier-55034-NEUHEIT-2014-/380862124244?pt=DE_Spielzeug_Action_Spielfiguren&hash=item58ad26d0d4
When you buy in bulk you do get it a bit cheaper that way.
To kill an error is as good a service as, and sometimes even better than, the establishing of a new truth or fact.
-Charles Darwin-

Concavenator

sauroid

im really disappointed. the sculpt is awesome, but the paint job leaves a lot to be desired. when i saw the Urzeitshop pics i got really excited (tho not what you'd call impressive paint, but not as boring and sloppy as the final outcome). i hope the Dilophosaurus looks better "in person".
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Pics in Dan's video look good.  I do think however it is more based on Sideshow's Dilo pair than anything else.

Gwangi

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on June 25, 2014, 02:31:59 AM
Pics in Dan's video look good.  I do think however it is more based on Sideshow's Dilo pair than anything else.

I see it too. More inspired by though, rather than directly copied off of. Unlike the Carnotaurus.

tanystropheus

Sideshow inspired, as far as I could tell. Def not a direct copy.

The last few Papo models have been relatively accurate (no less than rival companies, at least).Unlike the Safari Dilo, this model does not feature pronated wrists. I guess they have been listening to the fans (until Jurassic World is released  :P)

tyrantqueen

I'm not crazy for the Papo Dilophosaurus either, but I do like the pose a lot more than Safari's Dilophosaurus. The Safari is just...standing there.

Pawnosuchus

I really like the Papo Dilophosaurus but seriously doubt I'll get it. I think it's probably too big to blend in well with my garage Dino setup. It's fascinating to me the different styles and tastes of the various collectors on this site. A lot probably depends on the age of the collector. Being relatively older I can remember the excitement of my first Marx set and how I wanted anything new that came out. Now the profusion of new species makes it nearly impossible to obtain everything and I've become more discerning with my purchases. The new Papo is tempting but I'll pass for now especially if it's in 1-26 scale as I had read somewhere.

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Pawnosuchus on June 25, 2014, 01:19:33 PM
I really like the Papo Dilophosaurus but seriously doubt I'll get it. I think it's probably too big to blend in well with my garage Dino setup. It's fascinating to me the different styles and tastes of the various collectors on this site. A lot probably depends on the age of the collector. Being relatively older I can remember the excitement of my first Marx set and how I wanted anything new that came out. Now the profusion of new species makes it nearly impossible to obtain everything and I've become more discerning with my purchases. The new Papo is tempting but I'll pass for now especially if it's in 1-26 scale as I had read somewhere.
I think it was Urzeitshop that stated it was 1/26. For me, the best Dilophosaurus is still the Kaiyodo Dinoland one :) Garage kits ftw.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: tyrantqueen on June 25, 2014, 12:10:30 PM
I'm not crazy for the Papo Dilophosaurus either, but I do like the pose a lot more than Safari's Dilophosaurus. The Safari is just...standing there.

The Carnegie's though..that was a great idea for a set.  :)

Concavenator

Could someone post a comparision picture between the Papo Dilophosaurus and the Papo Carnotaurus

Roselaar

Seems the baby Trike is already available in some parts:

Concavenator

tyrantqueen

I didn't recognise that figure for a few seconds...must have completely forgotten about the baby Trike through all of the Dilopho discussion >:D

Gwangi

I forgot about it too. I actually like it, would go good with the adult Triceratops model they put out. A very "Jurassic Park" feel to it. I'll probably get it, gotta get the adult at some point though.

sauroid

very nice baby trike. im getting that one for sure.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Blade-of-the-Moon

That little figure will be popular when JW releases next year...well ALL of the JP-like models will be.. ;)

Hynerpeton

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on July 04, 2014, 04:12:11 PM
That little figure will be popular when JW releases next year...well ALL of the JP-like models will be.. ;)

And be over priced! :(
Walking With Monsers:
[about Lystrosaurus] Astonishingly, their vast herds make up more than half of all life on Earth. Never again will a single species do so well.

Walking With Monsters: (Hynerpeton) To avoid injury the males demonstrate their strength  in a strange  push up contest.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: