News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Papo- new for 2014

Started by Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus, November 08, 2013, 04:30:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mauro "Raptor86"

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on July 04, 2014, 04:12:11 PM
That little figure will be popular when JW releases next year...well ALL of the JP-like models will be.. ;)

Especially because there is a rumored scene involving a baby Triceratops!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Mauro "Raptor86" on July 04, 2014, 06:12:49 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on July 04, 2014, 04:12:11 PM
That little figure will be popular when JW releases next year...well ALL of the JP-like models will be.. ;)

Especially because there is a rumored scene involving a baby Triceratops!

A couple of them actually..or so I've heard. ;)

Shadowknight1

Quote from: tyrantqueen on June 25, 2014, 01:23:30 PMI think it was Urzeitshop that stated it was 1/26. For me, the best Dilophosaurus is still the Kaiyodo Dinoland one :) Garage kits ftw.
I haven't been able to find any pics of that one?

I've noticed that pictures seem to differ on this fellow.  It could be the cameras, could be the lighting, or it could even be the fact that these suckers ARE supposedly hand-painted.  Maybe some turned out better?  I just pray that the one I ordered will be able to stand up straight...
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

tyrantqueen

QuoteI haven't been able to find any pics of that one?

Here's mine, unpainted for the moment.

Some might complain about the "kangaroo" posture, but I really like it nonetheless. Maybe it's about to pounce on something, and the tail is curled up like that for just a few seconds before it changes posture. Sort of like the sculptor tried to capture a freeze frame of a very fast movement. Living animals sometimes do assume strange postures in real life, so I don't think it's out of the question.

Shadowknight1

Looks decent enough, but as I'm a terrible, terrible painter, I think I'll stick with Papo's.  You know.  When it finally gets here.

On that note, I am glad that the Jurassic Park style that Papo has been using didn't extend to the Dilophosaurus.

Hynerpeton

Quote from: tyrantqueen on July 06, 2014, 12:00:22 AM
QuoteI haven't been able to find any pics of that one?

Here's mine, unpainted for the moment.

Some might complain about the "kangaroo" posture, but I really like it nonetheless. Maybe it's about to pounce on something, and the tail is curled up like that for just a few seconds before it changes posture. Sort of like the sculptor tried to capture a freeze frame of a very fast movement. Living animals sometimes do assume strange postures in real life, so I don't think it's out of the question.

Nice. I like it. You can't get an unpainted one can you? I mean to buy.
Walking With Monsers:
[about Lystrosaurus] Astonishingly, their vast herds make up more than half of all life on Earth. Never again will a single species do so well.

Walking With Monsters: (Hynerpeton) To avoid injury the males demonstrate their strength  in a strange  push up contest.

tyrantqueen

QuoteNice. I like it. You can't get an unpainted one can you? I mean to buy.
No...this model is discontinued, rare and expensive (mine cost $100+)

stargatedalek

I've seen one painted in person, and I must say they are amazing
certainly not something for a "casual" collector given the rarity and price range

Hynerpeton

Quote from: tyrantqueen on July 06, 2014, 03:36:08 AM
QuoteNice. I like it. You can't get an unpainted one can you? I mean to buy.
No...this model is discontinued, rare and expensive (mine cost $100+)

Walking With Monsers:
[about Lystrosaurus] Astonishingly, their vast herds make up more than half of all life on Earth. Never again will a single species do so well.

Walking With Monsters: (Hynerpeton) To avoid injury the males demonstrate their strength  in a strange  push up contest.

Concavenator

I actually think the Papo Archaeopteryx is their best prehistoric figure,and of one of the best,if not the best of the Papo brand itself.I know the Dimetrodon is awesome as well,but the Archaeopteryx is even better.
How the heck have they been able to sculpt on it every single feather!?  :o The paint app is stunning,though it could use to have more black though.It'd supposed to have legg feathers as well,but,well who cares?
I've seen it in person for the second time now,and I must say it really is one of those figures you can't stop looking at.It'd pair very nicely with the Carnegie Microraptor.
Now,I',m trying to imagine how will be the 2015 probable Papo feathered theropod (and yes,I'm almost positive I know what it is).Just a matter of months lol.

stargatedalek

I have one, and I agree, easily one of Papo's all time best figures
it does indeed pair nicely with the safari micro, especially a repainted iridescent microraptor

Shadowknight1

Quote from: Concavenator on July 10, 2014, 09:36:10 PM
I actually think the Papo Archaeopteryx is their best prehistoric figure,and of one of the best,if not the best of the Papo brand itself.I know the Dimetrodon is awesome as well,but the Archaeopteryx is even better.
How the heck have they been able to sculpt on it every single feather!?  :o The paint app is stunning,though it could use to have more black though.It'd supposed to have legg feathers as well,but,well who cares?
I've seen it in person for the second time now,and I must say it really is one of those figures you can't stop looking at.It'd pair very nicely with the Carnegie Microraptor.
Now,I',m trying to imagine how will be the 2015 probable Papo feathered theropod (and yes,I'm almost positive I know what it is).Just a matter of months lol.

Personally...I think the CarnegieMicroraptor looks really bland in comparison, at least from the front.  Andd I would LOVE a feathered theropod to be a raptor of some kind....I'd love to replace the current JP raptor.

Concavenator

Quote from: Shadowknight1 on July 11, 2014, 12:18:19 AM
Quote from: Concavenator on July 10, 2014, 09:36:10 PM

Personally...I think the CarnegieMicroraptor looks really bland in comparison, at least from the front.  Andd I would LOVE a feathered theropod to be a raptor of some kind....I'd love to replace the current JP raptor.
Me too,but I'm almost completely positive Papo is coming with a Therizinosaurus instead.
You'll just se hehe  ;)

stargatedalek

everyone has been making one recently so that would be my guess

Concavenator

Check out this review by JC on the lovely Dilophosaurus:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PAxiSEZqsYI

postsaurischian

:)  Triceratops baby - a little walk-around

....... some more here.

Roselaar

He's really cute. And so much less dull than it's blandly coloured adult counterpart. It seems Papo is finally embracing colour on their dinosaurs.

Pachyrhinosaurus

I like the colors also, but they are not new ones...

[Image Removed]

It's actually been a while since Papo made anything JP inspired.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

tyrantqueen

CityRaptor

If ys, could you post a pic with both together?

Quote from: Pachyrhinosaurus on July 15, 2014, 12:53:55 AM
I like the colors also, but they are not new ones...

It's actually been a while since Papo made anything JP inspired.

Already pointed that out.
I think their last JP Pieces where the additions to the Tyrannosaurus-family.

Quote from: Roselaar on July 15, 2014, 12:16:23 AM
He's really cute. And so much less dull than it's blandly coloured adult counterpart. It seems Papo is finally embracing colour on their dinosaurs.
To be fair, in that case this is due to the source material.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: