News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Schleich - new for 2014

Started by SommoDracorex, November 08, 2013, 10:10:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gwangi

The claws are the only thing that remind me of a Therizinosaurus. It almost looks more like a Plateosaurus or other early sauropodomorph.

sauroid

it is ironic that Schleich is now emulating "high end" chinasaurs (i.e. Chap Mei etc.).
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Hellraptor

Quote from: sauroid on March 31, 2014, 07:22:06 AM
it is ironic that Schleich is now emulating "high end" chinasaurs (i.e. Chap Mei etc.).

yes and like many of them, they aint good at all. Why can schleich look on the internet, talk to experts, read book so they can see what dinosaurs look like today and not 20-25 years ago.
Taking dinosaurs of this islandis the worst idea in the long, sad story of bad ideas

Blade-of-the-Moon

I think it's pretty simple.  They really don't care, and they don't have to. They have such a widespread market they are making money off anything they produce...again, like Chinasaurs.

SpittersForEver

This is really sad  :'( I remember when I was 5 and my sister had dinosaurs that were schliech and they were amazing. Their knights I would collect more than their dinos but now they've made them bad as well and they are making everything in China not Germany  :'(

romefalls

Does anyone know when the new Schleichs land in stores? I've seen the Pentaceratops on ebay, but not the Therizinosaurus. And still nothing in any stores (Walmart, Toys R Us, Hobby Lobby etc.) There's no rhyme or reason to it. You'd think they'd have a date locked in by now.

Libraraptor

They´re all out here in Germany.  The Therizinosaurus is really, really BIG! 

SpartanSquat

Quote from: Libraraptor on May 12, 2014, 07:04:04 PM
The height is like Brachiosaurus or lesser?

Everything_Dinosaur

Everything Dinosaur here in the UK.  Saw your post up on Schleich 2014 availability.  The official launch date is May 20th, but product is trickling into European stores, with Germany as the domestic market getting stock first (we actually got samples of the models about six months ago, but our commercial stock has only just begun to arrive.  Should be in the U.S. fairly quickly for you (sorry but we assume you are in the USA), elsewhere in the world a little while later.  Models into New Zealand and Australia tend to be the last to arrive due to shipping and such like.  Suggest you check out the Everything Dinosaur blog (just search for Everything Dinosaur blog online to find us), more model pics and information posted up there and on the Everything Dinosaur Facebook page.  Hope this helps.

You will find T. rex (light green Schleich T. rex): Our World of History Product Page

The link should take you to the main product page, you can see the existing range and get further info on the new T. rex.

Hope this helps.

Mike
Everything Dinosaur

Georassic

Quote from: romefalls on May 12, 2014, 06:59:51 PM
Does anyone know when the new Schleichs land in stores? I've seen the Pentaceratops on ebay, but not the Therizinosaurus. And still nothing in any stores (Walmart, Toys R Us, Hobby Lobby etc.) There's no rhyme or reason to it. You'd think they'd have a date locked in by now.

The Pentaceratops is in Colorado stores now (I got mine!), so I presume other US locations should have it already, or have it soon.

alexeratops

Lime green T rex looks pretty good for a Schleich, better than the old ones. :)
like a bantha!

Everything_Dinosaur

The Pentaceratops dinosaur model (Schleich) is now in stock at Everything Dinosaur: Schleich World of History

We know that Schleich have their detractors and the feet are an acquired taste but this model has really grown on us.  There is a lot detail to admire.  One good thing about the Pentaceratops, this replica will help to distinguish those who are passionate and knowledgeable about the Dinosauria and sell dinosaur models from those who simply sell dinosaurs. Even some Schleich representatives refer to this model as Triceratops.

Takama

Quote from: Everything_Dinosaur on May 19, 2014, 09:42:46 PM
The Pentaceratops dinosaur model (Schleich) is now in stock at Everything Dinosaur: Schleich World of History

We know that Schleich have their detractors and the feet are an acquired taste but this model has really grown on us.  There is a lot detail to admire.  One good thing about the Pentaceratops, this replica will help to distinguish those who are passionate and knowledgeable about the Dinosauria and sell dinosaur models from those who simply sell dinosaurs. Even some Schleich representatives refer to this model as Triceratops.

Just goes to show that they don't care enough to say the right name.

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Takama on May 21, 2014, 03:28:56 AM
Quote from: Everything_Dinosaur on May 19, 2014, 09:42:46 PM

Just goes to show that they don't care enough to say the right name.
Obviously that would be expecting too much of them.

CityRaptor

Quote from: RolandEden on May 13, 2014, 12:01:19 PM
Quote from: Libraraptor on May 12, 2014, 07:04:04 PM
The height is like Brachiosaurus or lesser?

Actually higher.

I think I know where the inspiration for both Rexes came from:
http://www.rvc.ac.uk/SML/Projects/images/trex_cover_CR.jpg
Also having seen them side by side today, it becomes even more clear how pointless having two is if they are so similar.

I also think that the Therizinosaurus makes a very nice piece for a 90s style Diorama. Or if you want to display something fighting Godzilla...But clearly not worth 20 Euros.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

sauroid

Schleich wouldnt get all this scorn despite their prehistoric figures' ugliness if they werent so ridiculously expensive...
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Megalosaurus

The best of Schleich this year is the Pentaceratops. I just watch this video review in EverythingDinosaur blog, and just looking the figure from diferent angles makes me put it in my next purchase list.

http://blog.everythingdinosaur.co.uk/blog/_archives/2014/05/20/schleich-pentaceratops-video-review.html
Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

SpartanSquat

I just got today the Pentaceratops! I really like the pose, the details and colour pattern. Also I saw the new rex. But strangely the therizinosaurus and new velociraptor didnt arrive :S

SpittersForEver

The pentaceratops looks okay.

sauroid

the Penta is ok and i might even buy it. at least it isnt as horrible as the last Triceratops.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: