News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Schleich - new for 2014

Started by SommoDracorex, November 08, 2013, 10:10:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bokisaurus

Oh dear, what exactly are they doing with their T-Rex's feet and legs? It's growing each year! LOL!  ;D
First two figures are really embarrassing  :-\ The penta looks so much like a Chap Mei figure, and Theri could be interesting ;)

darylj

It's sad that in 2014 we will see models this poor

Balaur

Quote from: darylj on November 10, 2013, 11:34:39 PM

Same here. Schleich should be ashamed of themselves.

Splonkadumpocus

The Tyrannosaurus and Velociraptor are terrible. Period.

I'll definitely be getting the Pentaceratops; that one is fairly well done and I don't have a Pentaceratops yet.

As for the Therizinosaurus, the lack of feathers is a turn-off for me. If I wanted a new Therizinosaurus, I'd have gone with the CollectA one, but the Great Dinosaurs one I have now is quite adequate.

Megalosaurus

Quote from: Aliciaraptor on November 10, 2013, 01:14:58 PM
[...]Now the therizinosaurus, in my opinion looks excellent despite the lack of feathers[...]
Quote from: Splonkadumpocus on November 11, 2013, 05:05:08 AM
[...]As for the Therizinosaurus, the lack of feathers is a turn-off for me[...]
Look again please. This Therizinosaurus has feathers (proto, fibers, fuzz) in its back, tail and legs. Its not a giant turkey, but its scale/feather balanced.
Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Balaur on November 11, 2013, 12:19:56 AM

I really don't think they're that bad. The tails are off the ground, and they do have a nice amount of detail.

In all honesty, I think Geoworld are much worse. They often have low levels of detail, and they claim to be approved by a paleontologist (and yet they still have many errors)

Which is the worse toy?

Geoworld?

Or Schleich?

Balaur

Okay, I will clarify. I think the new "raptor" and Tyrannosaurus of theirs next year and the most ugly things I've ever seen.

The Therizinosaurus would have been good, if it didn't have bunny wrists, and a big head. I think the Pentaceratops is the only one I think looks good.

I am not familiar with Geoworld, but yeah, that Styracosaurus is very deformed.

Hermes888

Quote from: tyrantqueen on November 11, 2013, 06:16:08 PM

I really don't think they're that bad. The tails are off the ground, and they do have a nice amount of detail.

In all honesty, I think Geoworld are much worse. They often have low levels of detail, and they claim to be approved by a paleontologist (and yet they still have many errors)

Which is the worse toy?

Geoworld?

Or Schleich?

"Can I come play with you guys?"

juju1305

Quote from: Hermes888 on November 11, 2013, 09:23:05 PM

Which is the worse toy?

Geoworld?

Or Schleich?

LOL, well the new penta by Schleich just looks like an improved Georworld figure. All about it screams geoworld, be it the color combination, the eyes, the proportions. Still, I'd go for this one rather than for the new raptor and T-rex which are just ridiculous. I have mixed feelings about the theri, which has a serious Freddy Kruger style  ;D

Concavenator

The Therizinosaurus would work well as one of those Astronauts of The Past... ::)
It's just so alien-like...It looks cool though.

tanystropheus

Quote from: juju1305 on November 12, 2013, 02:07:19 PM

Which is the worse toy?

Geoworld?

Or Schleich?

LOL, well the new penta by Schleich just looks like an improved Georworld figure. All about it screams geoworld, be it the color combination, the eyes, the proportions. Still, I'd go for this one rather than for the new raptor and T-rex which are just ridiculous. I have mixed feelings about the theri, which has a serious Freddy Kruger style  ;D

I think the Pentaceratops is a lot more detailed than Geoworld. IMO, the Schleich Penta seems reminiscent of Chap Mei and Kenner figures. I will probably pick it up since ceratopsians constitute my favorite type of dinosaurs in my collection.

John

This is a line that could be used to tell what the best sellers of their competitors were or maybe what those competitors are coming out with at the same time as Schleich tries to capitalize.Last year,they came out with Styracosaurus after Papo's success with that one and a Carnotaurus at the same time as the aforementioned Papo.Why suddenly a new T. rex now you ask?Why it's because of the 25th anniversary Carnegie one coming out next year too.Bullyland must have been successful with their Therizinosaurus,hence the new Schleich one.We have yet to see what Papo has in store for us next year,but I have a feeling that a Pentaceratops will be turning up from them soon. :))
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

sauroid

all that "raptor" needs is a keyboard

(i might buy the Theri and the Penta, tho like what the others said, looks so much like a Chap-Mei figure.)
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

tyrantqueen

Quote from: John on November 13, 2013, 04:59:12 AM
This is a line that could be used to tell what the best sellers of their competitors were or maybe what those competitors are coming out with at the same time as Schleich tries to capitalize.Last year,they came out with Styracosaurus after Papo's success with that one and a Carnotaurus at the same time as the aforementioned Papo.Why suddenly a new T. rex now you ask?Why it's because of the 25th anniversary Carnegie one coming out next year too.Bullyland must have been successful with their Therizinosaurus,hence the new Schleich one.We have yet to see what Papo has in store for us next year,but I have a feeling that a Pentaceratops will be turning up from them soon. :))
That's a theory that might need to be taken with a grain of salt...but if it's true...then goody goody >:D

tyrantqueen

I just realised... could Schleich's release of a Therizinosaurus have been inspired by Bullyland's?

I'm thinking about getting the Bully theri...is it a good idea?

Concavenator

Quote from: tyrantqueen on November 13, 2013, 05:36:42 PM
I just realised... could Schleich's release of a Therizinosaurus have been inspired by Bullyland's?

Tyrantqueen,I have a Bullyland Theri and it really is awesome.I highly reccomend it.No sloppy paintjob of it,it's a very good sculpt.

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Concavenator on November 13, 2013, 05:50:36 PM
Quote from: tyrantqueen on November 13, 2013, 05:36:42 PM

Tyrantqueen,I have a Bullyland Theri and it really is awesome.I highly reccomend it.No sloppy paintjob of it,it's a very good sculpt.

Raptoress

Quote from: tanystropheus on November 12, 2013, 05:51:23 PM
Quote from: juju1305 on November 12, 2013, 02:07:19 PM

Which is the worse toy?

Geoworld?

Or Schleich?

I think the Pentaceratops is a lot more detailed than Geoworld. IMO, the Schleich Penta seems reminiscent of Chap Mei and Kenner figures. I will probably pick it up since ceratopsians constitute my favorite type of dinosaurs in my collection.

Thank you, someone I can agree with. Honestly, they are not THAT bad. I actually like them despite the criticism. Geoworld model looks like a Chinasaur. Schleich may be inaccurate, but there's no doubt the skin detailing is really good and aesthetically they're a good quality hunk of plastic. Remember at the end of the day that these are toys, marketed for much younger people than we are. A young dinosaur lover isn't going to notice these kind of inaccuracies. If you want something completely accurate, then buy something like a Sideshow model (I am aware that these are expensive though) or something similar, that's intended for mature collectors.

Gwangi

I will never understand why people quote the same picture over and over again.  :o

CityRaptor

Yep, we have the same picture up to 5 times on one page...

My Opinion:
Raptor - rather pointless. Sure, the feathers are better visible, no longer looking like slaps of skin hanging off the arms,  but still not a good piece. Also, why all those visible veins?

Rex - I figure that this is the World of History counterpart to their Tripod Rex. Remember that Replicasurus also had two Rexes for years, so this is more or less the remake of that. Still not a good piece.

Pentaceratops - looks actually good. I might be wrong, but this might be Schleich's best Ceratopsian yet.

Therizinosaurus - someone at Schleich probably thought that "Hey, most of the others have one, so we need one of those Wolverine Guys aswell!" and thus they came up with this one. You can tell that they actually did research. Like 2 minutes googling the name. ;D There is still a certain charme to it. I think it makes a good Retrosaur for a 90s Style Diorama.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.