News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Schleich - new for 2014

Started by SommoDracorex, November 08, 2013, 10:10:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrantqueen

Quote from: sepp on December 21, 2013, 12:39:18 AM
I'm just now seeing these new figures for the first time, and all I can say is... ouch :/
I haven't seen you online for a long time. Welcome back to the forum :)

Blade-of-the-Moon

I'm just now seeing these new figures for the first time, and all I can say is... ouch :/

Yeah..Schleich just doesn't much care for accuracy anymore it seems. When you can feel your pockets regardless I guess it doesn't much matter. :/

SBell

Quote from: tyrantqueen on December 21, 2013, 12:41:13 AM

Truly, this is a terrible thread for her to get reacquainted here...head over to the Papo, CollectA or Safari threads (I don't think we have any 2014 Mojo previews yet).

tyrantqueen

Quote from: SBell on December 21, 2013, 12:51:33 AM

Truly, this is a terrible thread for her to get reacquainted here...head over to the Papo, CollectA or Safari threads (I don't think we have any 2014 Mojo previews yet).
Rofl...at least the Schleich thread is being used for something >:D

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: tyrantqueen on December 21, 2013, 12:52:40 AM
Quote from: SBell on December 21, 2013, 12:51:33 AM

Rofl...at least the Schleich thread is being used for something >:D

True...it's not like there is much to discuss in it at any rate. heh

alexeratops

Quote from: Balaur on November 08, 2013, 10:19:14 PM
Ugh. Just, ugh... That dromaeosaur looks so freaking pathetic! I'm sorry but what comes to my mind when I see that picture is "hey look, we are being accurate! We have feathers on our raptors arm!" That dromaeosaur is so ugly. The others are also bad, but that raptor takes the cake!

EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
like a bantha!

Takama

Quote from: CityRaptor on December 16, 2013, 12:02:33 PM
Got Schleich's 2014 Catalogue. Those are not replacements. They are also of the normal-sized range.
The Therizinosaurus and Velociraptor can both move their arms and jaws, the Tyrannosaurus its jaws.
Numbers and Names, as written in the catalogue:
14 528 Tyrannosaurus Rex, hellgrün
14 529 Therizinosaurus
14 530 Velociraptor, grün
14 531 Pentaceratops

Grün is green, hellgrün is light green.

What do you mean by Normal Sized range?  You mean the World of History Collection  or those Small dinos collection?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Takama on December 24, 2013, 03:45:27 AM
Quote from: CityRaptor on December 16, 2013, 12:02:33 PM
Got Schleich's 2014 Catalogue. Those are not replacements. They are also of the normal-sized range.
The Therizinosaurus and Velociraptor can both move their arms and jaws, the Tyrannosaurus its jaws.
Numbers and Names, as written in the catalogue:
14 528 Tyrannosaurus Rex, hellgrün
14 529 Therizinosaurus
14 530 Velociraptor, grün
14 531 Pentaceratops

Grün is green, hellgrün is light green.

What do you mean by Normal Sized range?  You mean the World of History Collection  or those Small dinos collection?

I would assume the  World of History..or their main range as the " normal " sized ones..as opposed to miniature or smaller pieces.

leidy

Quote from: SommoDracorex on November 08, 2013, 10:10:35 PM
NO COMMENT for these... T___T  :'(  ::)  :))

Looks like Schleich finally ran out of brown paint.

These two are really awesome.  They look like characters from Primal Rage.

I might actually get the Pentaceratops.  And if it wasn't for the wrists, I might even consider the Therizinosaurus.  There's a lot of other less glaring anatomical errors, but they still seem like fun.  I think kids will like them.

On the other hand, the Velociraptor is as bad as I've ever seen.  It's not even a passable JP stand in, though it repeats all the usual errors and adds a few of its own.

Blade-of-the-Moon

They have detail and such..but they still feel like Chap Mei figures more than they should considering the price point they will be sold at.

sauroid

yes, that "Velociraptor" looks like a "high-end" chinasaur.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Hellraptor

I saw these figure and boy, they are bad. I like oldschool dinosaurs but come on, if you are gonna do a scaly velociraptor, DO IT LIKE LOOK LIKE IN REAL LIFE, NOT A JP VERSION AGAIN, slender build, long snout and raise the killer claws,

dont get me wrong i love Jps raptors but since they belong to the Jp universe and Schelich are supposed to make dinosaurs from the real World, this is as bad as it gets. And those stumpy feathers: i say put feathers on the whole body or almost or keep it scaly.

Then the t.rex, seemt to suffer ftom both big feet and short tail, ughhh.

The penta look actually ok aslong with Therizino, the broken hand dosent bother me so much but they could have given it a more distinct feathery coat.
Taking dinosaurs of this islandis the worst idea in the long, sad story of bad ideas

Concavenator

Quote from: Hellraptor on January 01, 2014, 07:17:51 PM
I saw these figure and boy, they are bad. I like oldschool dinosaurs but come on, if you are gonna do a scaly velociraptor, DO IT LIKE LOOK LIKE IN REAL LIFE, NOT A JP VERSION AGAIN, slender build, long snout and raise the killer claws,

dont get me wrong i love Jps raptors but since they belong to the Jp universe and Schelich are supposed to make dinosaurs from the real World, this is as bad as it gets. And those stumpy feathers: i say put feathers on the whole body or almost or keep it scaly.

Then the t.rex, seemt to suffer ftom both big feet and short tail, ughhh.

The penta look actually ok aslong with Therizino, the broken hand dosent bother me so much but they could have given it a more distinct feathery coat.
Did you see them in person actually?

Hellraptor

[/quote]
Did you see them in person actually?

Nope i havent seen them in reality but i based my comment on the Pictures.
Taking dinosaurs of this islandis the worst idea in the long, sad story of bad ideas

leidy

Quote from: Hellraptor on January 01, 2014, 07:17:51 PM

If you're going to do a scaly velociraptor, why bother with scientific accuracy at all?

Although I agree about the wing feathers.  It seems like a pointless concession to science on a figure that is almost entirely fantasy. 

tyrantqueen

QuoteI like oldschool dinosaurs but come on, if you are gonna do a scaly velociraptor, DO IT LIKE LOOK LIKE IN REAL LIFE, NOT A JP VERSION AGAIN, slender build, long snout and raise the killer claws,
Scaly raptors didn't exist in real life.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: tyrantqueen on January 02, 2014, 01:42:49 AM
QuoteI like oldschool dinosaurs but come on, if you are gonna do a scaly velociraptor, DO IT LIKE LOOK LIKE IN REAL LIFE, NOT A JP VERSION AGAIN, slender build, long snout and raise the killer claws,

At least not for species like Velociraptor.. lol

Hellraptor

[/quote] Time tosort out some things,i know raptors were featherd in real Life, what i ment was that they could base it on the skeletal refereces, Like this one, yes its a bad examplae but you get what i mean.

http://images4.fanpop.com/image/photos/23500000/Velociraptor-dinosaurs-23564955-817-734.jpg

Hermes888

At this point, the Velociraptors of Jurassic Park have become their own thing, they are movie monsters now. They should be grouped together with Sharktopus, Xenomorphs, Godzilla, not any real dinosaurs. If a company wants to create an unlicensed Jurassic Park knockoff, fine.

But I think making a "realistic" scaly Velociraptor is worse. Doing that is kind of like making a replica of a featherless chicken and trying to pass it off as a common Gallus gallus specimen.
It's a complete waste of effort, paying attention to the actual anatomy and then snubbing any feathers at all.

Hellraptor, you should look at the Wild Safari Velociraptor.

I really hope full feathering (no tiny wings or quills on the neck) catches on in the public perception some time soon.

Hellraptor

[/quote] well what i ment was that if you are goin to do a scaly raptor, i thought of the one made by safari but since there are no good, featherd velociraptor out there we can only hope someone make one.

Jp dinosaurs are mutants,, that i know. I like sacly raptors but then they should brand them like oldschool or something. I want feathery raptors, how hard can it be to make them ?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: