News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Tyrantqueen's Caboodle

Started by tyrantqueen, January 02, 2014, 09:04:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrantqueen

QuoteWhere did you get the sega tric from, it looks great.
I got it on eBay about two or three years ago, from a German seller who was selling them as King Kong figures. I don't know if he's still doing so anymore.

QuoteThe Dinoland Dilophosaurus though is too small for 1:20
Awww phooey. Thanks for the suggestions, though. This will be a lot of fun :)

postsaurischian

By the way, I have no idea who originally sculpted that beautiful Dilophosaurus. Does anybody know?

tyrantqueen

Quote from: postsaurischian on January 20, 2014, 12:01:13 PM
By the way, I have no idea who originally sculpted that beautiful Dilophosaurus. Does anybody know?
Me neither, but if I was to hazard a guess, it might be Shinobu Matsumura. The style of skin wrinkling looks similar to his other work, such as the Allosaurus and Tyrannosaurus he sculpted.

tyrantqueen

Here I have the Dinoland 1/20 Chasmosaurus, a friend for my Triceratops >:D It was not painted by me.

This guy actually is 1/20 right? :-[ Not sure if I can trust the manufacturers' official scale anymore.

I think I may repaint it one day. I think the original artist went a bit overboard with the dark washes (no disrespect to him/her) and the whole sculpt is strangely glossy.

tyrantqueen

Whoops, here's one I forgot to post. A pair of Dimetrodon; one by Carnegie, the other by Papo.

The Carnegie was custom painted by copper, and I purchased it from her sale thread a few years back. All credit goes to her for the fantastic paint job.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: tyrantqueen on January 20, 2014, 02:54:37 PM
Here I have the Dinoland 1/20 Chasmosaurus, a friend for my Triceratops >:D It was not painted by me.

This guy actually is 1/20 right? :-[ Not sure if I can trust the manufacturers' official scale anymore.

I think I may repaint it one day. I think the original artist went a bit overboard with the dark washes (no disrespect to him/her) and the whole sculpt is strangely glossy.

it was probably sealed with a gloss instead of a matte..common mistake..though he could have been out in the rain right ? :)

Megalosaurus

Quote from: tyrantqueen on January 20, 2014, 03:23:32 PM

Since I have the Papo Dimetrodon, i loose any interest for the Carbegie one. But... It looks fantastic repainted that way (inspired by WWMonsters I supponse). So may be I'll get one to give my Papo a mate.
Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

Crackington

Since I have the Papo Dimetrodon, i loose any interest for the Carbegie one. But... It looks fantastic repainted that way (inspired by WWMonsters I supponse). So may be I'll get one to give my Papo a mate.
[/quote]

I agree, I never thought too much of this model before, but this paint job is amazing, it looks alive! There are some seriously talented people on this forum, thanks for sharing TQ.

tyrantqueen

The Safari "Luis Rey styled" oviraptor. In my opinion, this is a very underrated sculpt. Could use more feathers, but it's not bad for 2007 :) I'm pretty sure the sculptor is the same artist who sculpted the velociraptor, so I like it a lot.

Blade-of-the-Moon

I like it quite a bit myself..I've heard Luis is quite proud of it.

amargasaurus cazaui

I am rather fond of that Oviraptor myself, it is quite unique and looks nice wherever in your collection you display it. If only the pattern of eggs in the nest were correct.......
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Gwangi

I like that piece too, it was one of the first in my collection. I don't like the overall lack of feathers on the body but even that does not bother me as much as the rat tail. Still, an otherwise great model.

tyrantqueen

Yep, there are scientific errors, but for me, the detail alone makes it worth owning. And I like having models based on pieces of artwork :)

tyrantqueen

I have new models that I want to photograph, but I can't show them because they're stuck in customs >:( I have been trying to pay a customs charge since February 15th, but the Parcelforce website keeps giving me error messages. It doesn't help that customer service takes an average of two days to reply to my emails. So until I can pay the charges, they're stuck there.

I always wondered why people called them "Parcelfarce". Now I know ::) Fingers crossed I'll have more luck tomorrow...

sauroid

cant wait to see the pics TQ. good luck with the bandits, errr, customs.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

alexeratops

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on February 01, 2014, 08:36:00 AM
I am rather fond of that Oviraptor myself, it is quite unique and looks nice wherever in your collection you display it. If only the pattern of eggs in the nest were correct.......

Maybe when the babies were trying to hatch, they bumped around and moved themselves. :D
like a bantha!

Invicta Hunter

Quote from: tyrantqueen on February 19, 2014, 07:50:05 PM
I have new models that I want to photograph, but I can't show them because they're stuck in customs >:( I have been trying to pay a customs charge since February 15th, but the Parcelforce website keeps giving me error messages. It doesn't help that customer service takes an average of two days to reply to my emails. So until I can pay the charges, they're stuck there.

I always wondered why people called them "Parcelfarce". Now I know ::) Fingers crossed I'll have more luck tomorrow...

Could you go down to the collection depot and pay for them there?
I really hate import charges.... >:(

tyrantqueen

QuoteCould you go down to the collection depot and pay for them there?
Probably not, considering the depot is twenty miles away :( Going to try the telephone today.

QuoteI really hate import charges.... >:(
Yep, me too :-\

ITdactyl

'Didn't realize this is a worldwide problem.

'Hope this won't cause you too much aggravation.

tyrantqueen

Quote from: ITdactyl on February 20, 2014, 08:48:59 AM
'Didn't realize this is a worldwide problem.

'Hope this won't cause you too much aggravation.
It's usually not a problem. I've paid for stuff in past with no trouble. Not sure why it's different this time :(

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: