News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Tyrantqueen's Caboodle

Started by tyrantqueen, January 02, 2014, 09:04:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ITdactyl

*after reviving from coma induced by copious amounts of envy of that wonderful shapeways collection...*

Wow!

1. 'no plans to have them painted?
2. What kind of paper was used as background for the nasutoceratops and dimetrodon?

tyrantqueen

Quote from: ITdactyl on January 13, 2014, 06:57:32 AM
*after reviving from coma induced by copious amounts of envy of that wonderful shapeways collection...*

Wow!

1. 'no plans to have them painted?
2. What kind of paper was used as background for the nasutoceratops and dimetrodon?

1. Yes, one day My inspiration for painting tends to come and go, unfortunately :-[
2. It's sugar paper. That's what we call it here, I'm not sure what it's called in other places. It's basically cheap craft paper. I got them in a pack together, like this:

It's crude but works for me.

tyrantqueen

How about some pterosaurs? >:D

CollectA Hatzegopteryx

1/40 Quetzalcoatlus (WSF) by Aaron Doyle

Wild Safari Dimorphodon

Wild Safari "African pterosaur"

TS Toys "Tropeognathus"

Colorata Quetzalcoatlus exhibition figure

Bullyland Pteranodon

Schleich Quetzalcoatlus

ITdactyl

hahaha... and here I say I collect pterosaur figures when I don't even have most of those.  'Didn't realize the dimorphodon would look that good.

Thanks for the info about the paper.  'Just need to hunt for it.  I'm looking for craft paper to line the display cabinet.

tyrantqueen

CollectA Mapusaurus (yep, I like this one..)

An Invicta Troodon that I won for 50p in a mixed lot on eBay

Kaiyodo T.rex skull

A poster I have on my wall

Blade-of-the-Moon

The Invicta Troodon..one of only a very few I still need for my collection. :)

Early 90's I had a set of postcards with that poster image on them..I think I gave them all out to relatives.. lol

Megalosaurus

You have a lot of shapeways. I'd like to have that Edaphosaurus, but I'm from México and because of the exchange value it is 13X more expensive to me.

Troodon = Treasure

I like your poster, in fact I love most of the retro stuff.
Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus

Nice models-TQ. The only one I disagree on is the CollectA Mapusaurus-but, to each his own.  ;D ;)
"I believe implicitly that every young man in the world is fascinated with either sharks or dinosaurs."
-Peter Benchley

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus on January 14, 2014, 04:36:40 PM
Nice models-TQ. The only one I disagree on is the CollectA Mapusaurus-but, to each his own.  ;D ;)
Indeed, it's a controversial model. I know not everyone likes it.

QuoteI like your poster, in fact I love most of the retro stuff.
Yeah, me too. There's something about retro styled dinosaurs that fascinates me, not sure why :)

Takama

Quote from: tyrantqueen on January 14, 2014, 03:13:37 PM
CollectA Mapusaurus (yep, I like this one..)

An Invicta Troodon that I won for 50p in a mixed lot on eBay

Kaiyodo T.rex skull

A poster I have on my wall

funny story.

I had a framed version of this picture, but my Dad got Drunk one time, and mistaken it as a toilet flusher(Don't ask how)

Now its a poster, because the frame was broken.

Gwangi

Quote from: tyrantqueen on January 14, 2014, 04:51:17 PM
Yeah, me too. There's something about retro styled dinosaurs that fascinates me, not sure why :)

Nostalgia I would guess. They're a prominent part of pop culture for most of us. Even those of us that may not have grown up when this was the principle take on dinosaurs, are still exposed to it to this day.

tyrantqueen

I have some really interesting stuff coming soon. Hold onto your butts 8)

tyrantqueen

I have a question for you guys. I have re-ordered a lot of my original Shapeways purchases in detail materials, so I have extra models lying around. I don't really have the space for doubles, and I would like to raise some money for a family event coming up.

So my question is this: is there anyone interested in buying my unwanted WSF models? And I might also be offering the Frosted Spino as well.

If enough people are interested, I will create a thread with the models I have available (and there are a lot, some of which I haven't posted here yet)

Please leave a message if you're interested. Thanks :)

Gwangi

I might be interested, I don't currently own any Shapeways but if the price it right. You should start a thread for them anyway, if you want to get rid of them this would be the place to do it.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Might be as well.  There are a lot on my wishlist i don't have yet.

tyrantqueen

I have decided I'm going to start a 1/20 (and possibly bigger) collection, now that I've cleared out some stuff and made space.

Here is the start of my new display. A 1/20 Dinoland Dilophosaurus, and a 1/20 SEGA UFO-catcher-prize Triceratops. Sorry about the horribleness of the photography, I'll take better ones eventually.

It's a really cool feeling seeing models in scale with each other...or maybe I'm just a nerd >:D

This collection will mostly be composed of resin kits. Does anyone have any suggestions for good 1/20 dinosaur models?

I'll continue to update my smaller collection too.

Concavenator

Quote from: tyrantqueen on January 19, 2014, 07:18:09 PM
I have decided I'm going to start a 1/20 (and possibly bigger) collection, now that I've cleared out some stuff and made space.

Here is the start of my new display. A 1/20 Dinoland Dilophosaurus, and a 1/20 SEGA UFO-catcher-prize Triceratops. Sorry about the horribleness of the photography, I'll take better ones eventually.

It's a really cool feeling seeing models in scale with each other...or maybe I'm just a nerd >:D

This collection will mostly be composed of resin kits. Does anyone have any suggestions for good 1/20 dinosaur models?

I'll continue to update my smaller collection too.
That Dilophosaurus is so sweet!!

tyrantqueen

QuoteThat Dilophosaurus is so sweet!!
Thanks, I hunted for it for a long time, and I am super happy to own it :)

Invicta Hunter

Where did you get the sega tric from, it looks great.

postsaurischian

Quote from: tyrantqueen on January 19, 2014, 07:18:09 PM
I have decided I'm going to start a 1/20 (and possibly bigger) collection, .......

;D .. I saw that coming. I know this from somewhere.

Here are some of my 1:20 suggestions (only things that I actually have myself):

- Papo or Carnegie Dimetrodon, the later needs a repaint though
- Kaiyodo Dinoland Stegosaurus
- Kaiyodo Dinoland Parasaurolophus
- Kaiyodo Dinoland Allosaurus (the revised re-issue is still available, I'd recommend the "green" version)
- Kaiyodo UHA Collect Club Velociraptor
- Shapeways Aaron Doyle Chirostenotes
- Kaiyodo Dinosaur Expo 2009 Guanlong
- Sideshow Tyrannosaurus maquette
- Sideshow Apatosaurus maquette
- Wild Safari Postosuchus
- Wild Safari Tapejara

Of course there are lots of 1:20 resin models by all these fine sculptors out there.

I'm not only measuring and  pitting the models against the maximum length of each species. If they're a bit smaller, that's also o.k. with me.
I see hundreds of Humans that are smaller than me every day for example :).

The Dinoland Dilophosaurus though is too small for 1:20 :-[. I wish it wasn't, believe me. I also wanted it for my 1:20 collection when I purchased it, but it's more like 1:26 - 1:30.
Anyway a WONDERFUL model and the best & most beautiful Dilopho in the world (especially when it's painted by copper). .... I started a 1:30 collection then as well ;D.

....... (looking at the Princeton Field Guide to Dinosaurs) ...... o.k., you could say it's the Unnamed genus sinensis, which was only 5.5 m long (only the upper jaw seems to be different), then it's more like 1:20 :).

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: