News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Tyrantqueen's Caboodle

Started by tyrantqueen, January 02, 2014, 09:04:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus

"I believe implicitly that every young man in the world is fascinated with either sharks or dinosaurs."
-Peter Benchley

Megalosaurus

Quote from: tyrantqueen on April 02, 2014, 04:30:26 PM
1/20 Ophiacodon in FUD by Galileo Hernandez
Amazing. Are you going to paint it?
Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Megalosaurus on April 02, 2014, 05:53:00 PM
Quote from: tyrantqueen on April 02, 2014, 04:30:26 PM
1/20 Ophiacodon in FUD by Galileo Hernandez
Amazing. Are you going to paint it?
Yes. It's on a waiting list ;D

Concavenator

Are you going to get the new CollectA Carcharodontosaurus ? I think it's an amazing model!

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Concavenator on April 02, 2014, 09:58:10 PM
Are you going to get the new CollectA Carcharodontosaurus ? I think it's an amazing model!
Maybe...but I'm not in any rush to get it.

John

Quote from: tyrantqueen on March 13, 2014, 05:01:24 AM
QuoteLooks pretty cool.  I've been waiting for Shane to make one..if I recall correctly he has one in the works.  Would love one in 1:15 to go with my Tylosaurus. Still need to get his new Elasmosaur though.
Although it's technically not a kronosaurus, I think he is sculpting a liopleurodon for Pegasus Hobbies. It's 1/24 scale

Must have for sure :)
That this is in the works is good to know,thanks for the heads up! :)
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

dutchdinolover

Good taste majesty :D

tyrantqueen

tyrantqueen

Here's my new Kaiyodo haul >:D

1/20 Dinoland Tyrannosaurus rex

I read on the old forum that this particular paint variant was rare. Is there any truth behind this? I actually won it for an incredibly cheap price, because the owner did not have any idea of its worth and listed it in the model boat section :o

It's a little bigger than the Shinzen Tyrannosaurus :)

Also on a less interesting note, but still shown here for posterity, my two new Dinoland kits:

1/20 Elasmosaurus. It's going to be a huge kit when it's assembled.

1/20 Parasaurolophus. By today's standards it looks a bit shrink wrapped but I still like it a lot.

Blade-of-the-Moon

I'm not sure exactly how rare it is when compared with the other display model and the kit.  I used to see them off and on , on Japanese auctions.   There is one on ebay but I feel it's over-priced.

The elasmosaurus is an awesome piece when built/painted. I managed to get mine as a gift when I was younger and only built it  a few years ago.

The Para is classic, look at Will Stout's art and you tell he used it for references. ;)

Invicta Hunter

That's a really nice looking Dinoland Tyrannosaurus, it's the older version right?

sauroid

that dinoland rex is just beautiful. if only the pose was more dynamic...
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

tyrantqueen

Thanks guys :)

QuoteThat's a really nice looking Dinoland Tyrannosaurus, it's the older version right?

Yep, the new version has a wider snout and a new set of teeth. Here's a photo I found on Google

I wanna ask..which version do you guys think is better? Old or new?

Invicta Hunter

I don't know really, they both look great in their own way.
It would be cool to own both and have them side by side. If you don't mind me asking how much did you pay for it?

sauroid

i like them both too. the older version is more feminine looking
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

tyrantqueen

QuoteIt would be cool to own both and have them side by side. If you don't mind me asking how much did you pay for it?
I actually paid more for the shipping than the model :-[ It cost £8 (which includes payment for the proxy service) and £23 for the shipping.

I had seen this particular model listed on the site several times, but no-one wanted it. Not sure why.

sauroid

wow that's practically "a steal"

Invicta Hunter

I think it was well worth the money for such a good model.

tyrantqueen

Quote from: sauroid on April 11, 2014, 05:40:03 PM
wow that's practically "a steal"
Indeed, it could be the lowest price anyone has ever paid for a Dinoland model >:D It is, at least, the lowest I've paid so far. Hope that doesn't sound too arrogant... :-X

johnson1010

Hello Dino community!

Tyrant Queen, i see your spinosaurus from shapeways there.

Much larger than the specs on the site seemed to indicate. I am a 3-d modeler who recently got into scale dino toys for my son's education, and my own deep love of dinos!

So, naturally i made a dino for shapeways myself, but was aghast at the price of nearly $240 US.

http://www.shapeways.com/model/1596317/spinosaurus-1-60-scale.html?li=search-results&materialId=91

So i didn't have it printed, and didnt' put the refined model up on the site at all, as it seemed well outside a reasonable price range to produce a line of toys at the 1/60 (1 inch to 5 feet) range i was looking for.

But it looks to me like the spinosaurus you have obtained from shapeways is nearly a fifth of the price!

Confusing.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: