News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions - Other Toys and Figures

Started by sauroid, February 11, 2014, 07:14:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrantqueen

Another addition to my (admittedly large :-[) MP collection

Good old snooty Tracks

Jetoar

Wonderful,  is really nice to know another Transformers Collector  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Plasticbeast95

Quote from: tyrantqueen on November 13, 2015, 02:18:36 PM
Another addition to my (admittedly large :-[) MP collection

Good old snooty Tracks

Having a large Transformer collection is nothing to be ashamed of!

tyrantqueen

This is getting outta control >:D

The leaning tower of carbots...

CityRaptor

Haha,  at least it seems that VW ( and therefore likely also Porsche, as they fused ) are over the whole "Transformers are not worthy [of] carrying the Porsche trademark. They are war machines and the toyline in no way represents the lifestyle and ideas which Porsche represents."
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Plasticbeast95

Quote from: tyrantqueen on November 15, 2015, 07:38:30 PM
This is getting outta control >:D

The leaning tower of carbots...

lol. I have Bee in the mail, and I'm getting prowl next, and maybe Bluestreak.

Molesaur

Finally got some ganondorfs i had been looking for yesterday

tyrantqueen

"You dare bring light to my lair? You must die" >:D *shot*

Not my favourite Ganondorf design but Wind Waker was an amazing game.

Molesaur

Which ganondorf design is your favorite? i love the wind waker ganondorf

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Molesaur on November 16, 2015, 11:18:30 PM
Probably Twilight Princess, his cape and armour was so cool looking. It was also cool seeing his Ganon form again. He had nice hair in Hyrule Warriors.

I remember being shocked when I first saw Ganondorf get stabbed in the forehead in WW.

Molesaur

Quote from: tyrantqueen on November 16, 2015, 11:30:47 PM
Quote from: Molesaur on November 16, 2015, 11:18:30 PM
Probably Twilight Princess, his cape and armour was so cool looking. It was also cool seeing his Ganon form again. He had nice hair in Hyrule Warriors.

I remember being shocked when I first saw Ganondorf get stabbed in the forehead in WW.

yeah twilight princess ganondorf is cool he's my second favorite one and i almost forgot about the hyrule warriors ganondorf, i need to play that game someday so i can play as ganondorf, thats pretty much the only reason i want it.

i was surprised when he got stabbed too

Rain

Not too sure if I'm allowed to post this here since it isn't exactly a toy, but i got these two older yu gi oh boxes today... and ended up pulling the rarest card in the whole set, a free 100 bucks :)
BTW Sorry if this isn't allowed in this thread, I won't post card stuff in the future

Heh, my hands look tiny in this picture

tyrantqueen

I think it's fine to post here. It does say "other collectibles" after all.

CityRaptor

That card is worth that much? Whoah! If only one of my 900+ Dinosaur King Cards was worth that much. ( Although I only paid 3 Euros for them in total )
Oh no

stargatedalek

Two packages arrived today, the 4D animals are a tad bit late arriving but I don't really mind. I haven't been feeling well so I'm glad they arrived today of all days.

This package however arrived right on time:

Halichoeres was awesome enough to help me grab this great eBay lot of Smithsonian insects. Credit of course also goes to
bmathison1972 on the ATF for posting the auction link. Thanks a ton both of you, pleasure to own these great models!

My third Lubber Grasshopper. One of its legs arrived in a separate envelope along with the mantis foot, the other felt very loose so I gave it a gentle wiggle until it slid out of its socket. Won't take much to glue them back in, it seems the glue "decaying"(?) is a common thing among lubbers. What I didn't expect was to realize there are colour variants (ironically I already had one of each!). The one in the middle is notably more orange than the other two and the patterns on the thorax are solid instead of dotted.

Was not expecting the mantis to be as impressive as it is. At first glance very similar to the Hidden Kingdom mantis (slightly customized), but very definitely not in the same league!

I knew it was gonna be big but I guess I never really got it through my head just how big it was going to be.

I wish I'd remembered to grab the AAA for a comparison, would have driven home just how truly massive it is.

The stag beetle has a really beautiful sheen, wish I knew what the species was. Compared to its Bug Blast counterpart, I really wish Bug Blast had copied more Smithsonian Insects instead of mixing them with chinabugs.

Rather taken by the scarab, it's the smallest (I think it is anyway, assuming of course that the flea is not in the same scale :P ) but it has a certain charm to it. I love the iridescence in particular. I'm curious about its eyes though (Don't do drugs nymphs...), does it really have four?

Probably (on paper anyway) the most unique of the line, the leaf insect.

And here's the whole lot together (plus the Bug Blast minis and Hidden kingdoms mantis).

And here's the other package:

I missed out on the Safari leafy seadragon to go with their weedy, so I had to snap this up when I saw it alongside the others. It's pretty dainty so I glued the pieces together to be on the safe side.

A little disappointed it can't stand up on its own, but still a very pleasing piece.

Very impressed by this one. I love how it even has the translucent bits between the rays.

First and only boxfish toy I've ever seen, very cute.

http://img15.deviantart.net/a6c6/i/2015/341/6/4/4d_puzzle_sea_life_by_michell_vall-d9jd51m.jpg
All 4 together.

tyrantqueen

Rodimus Prime helps with the Christmas decorating

tyrantqueen

The only thing he hates more than himself is the Decepticons >:D

CityRaptor

Unfortunately for Slugfest, Snarl is the bigger Stegosaurus. And he cares little about the actual diet of the animal he is based on.
Oh no

tyrantqueen

Depending on the canon you're basing them on, the Dinobots may only be a step above Decepticons in terms of brutality :))

CityRaptor

"So the heroes can be heroes. It's what we do." - Slug
Oh no

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: