News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions - Other Toys and Figures

Started by sauroid, February 11, 2014, 07:14:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrantqueen

Quote from: suspsy on July 11, 2015, 05:36:32 PM
Hey TQ and other Transformers fans, have you heard about this?

http://www.allspark.com/2015/07/titan-wars-blaster-images-rumor/
Pretty cool, I saw it a few minutes ago. I'm not into collecting chugs though 8) What kind of transformers do you collect?

suspsy

I have a number of G1 reissues, a select number of Beast Wars/Beast Machines/Armada/Energon/Cybertron, and a ton of Generations toys. I wasn't going to bother with Combiner Wars, but then I found out about Sky Lynx/Sky Reign. And Blaster has always been one of my favourite characters, so I'm intrigued by this news.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Jetoar

I am a transformer collector too  ^-^. I have some G1 figures, bayformers and my favorite of all, Beast Wars and it is a interesting news  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Plasticbeast95

im very interested in Skylynx and Bruticus.

suspsy

Rook and Alpha Bravo. Two-fifths of my combiner team acquired!

stargatedalek

Didn't unpack these last night so I'm just getting picks now, but this is the last of it. Not really toys but definitely really cool. Got amazing prices on these, so I just couldn't turn them down. The box says they create them using 3D scans of real fish and then use computer simulations to design the fins to make them move realistically. Although I kinda doubt the largemouth are actually from juvenile largemouth, probably a mold they use for multiple patterns. I've had cheap soft lures do funny things (*cough* melt through a plywood shelf *cough*) before but these are pretty high end, the rubber is a lot stronger and higher quality than most soft lures. I still wouldn't store them with other kinds of plastics (especially other rubbers!)

The eel is really impressive, in 1:1 scale its a mighty thing to hold in your hands. I tried it out in the empty hotel pool (by dragging it in my hands, all of these will be remaining hook-less) and its movement is really amazing, probably the best I've seen (yes that includes those robotic swimming fish).

These fish are patterned after largemouth bass but they don't particularly resemble them in sculpt. I would assume that the fish this mold uses for reference was something like a shiner or even a goldfish, but they do make a good proxy for juvenile largemouth bass.

Halichoeres

That eel is great! I can imagine a great variety of pranks you could pull with it.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

suspsy

Picked up Mirage and Ironhide this week. 4/5 of my combiner team is complete, all I need now is Sky Lynx!

Plasticbeast95

I got the second gen Lego A6 Juggernaut for only $75 (typical price $200)

A6 Juggernaut

Roselaar

Got me a little Balrog. Here he is menacing a figure of myself, plus a TLW Raptor just to show the scale of this behemoth:

And it's got lights and sounds, too! :)

stargatedalek

Forgot to post these from a few weeks ago.
All of these are from the 50 mile yard-sale Nova Scotia has annually. I've had better years but all in all a fair bit of deals.

Safari ltd Blue Shark, I assume it must be from a toob but none come to mind.

Hexbug scarab, I already have one (in this colour no less), but for the price I wasn't about to be choosy.

Ironically I also found a Legend of Nara Rhinoceros Beetle. These are essentially Hexbug Nanos with a soft plastic removable shell that looks, at least relatively close to a real insect(/spider). Copies for sure, but personally I prefer them over the legitimate Hexbug Nanos.

Not something I was looking for, but Exo-Terra dishes are normally very expensive so I was very pleased to get them. I have far more of these now than I can ever use, so some will probably end up in dioramas.

And a very special package arrived today.
Last but the opposite of least, one of my holy grail figures, the Safari Smithsonian Lubber Grasshopper! A second one should be arriving soon, and this mint with tag one will take center stage of my new shelf!

~ 海巳慧琉

stargatedalek

After a package came to my door today I didn't think to check the box, so my dad had a surprise when he came home!

Paleona

Oh, Hexbugs are so fun!  I especially like their larva ones- the way they squirm around and back away from obstacles is so cute.

I know there's at least one other Pokemon collector around here, but I don't think most people on this forum would be interested in this?  Haha.  The main thing I collect is actually Pikachu plushies, not dinosaurs!  My most recent get is this adorable Pokemon Center "Kuttari Cuties" (kuttari means to rest or relax in Japanese) sleepy Pikachu.  It's very tiny, cute and soft <3

CityRaptor

Well, I prefer my franchise mascots to be  non-mammalian.

@stargatedalek: Wow, that is one big grasshopper....

@Roselaar: Impressive Balrog! Makes your shapeways counterpart look puny.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Plasticbeast95

BJ robot mode

After months of searching, I finally found Blackjack at Walmart yesterday! :D

Dilopho

I'm not sure if this counts but i MADE this dalek emperor yesterday

stargatedalek

Takara Tomy Kyogre from the collectible version line rather than the Jakks Pacific line. Compared to the older version.

Hexbug Aquabot, it's actually really impressive, you can control the speed and depth it swims at.

Safari minis, new ones and then all of my turtles :P

stargatedalek

Yesterday I was buying pet supplies and decided I'd treat myself, I've been eyeing these for years and never had an excuse to get one, in the end I decided I didn't need an excuse! The Eshopps lionfish ornament is fairly detailed for what it is, but I have no idea if it could possibly be attributed to a species level. It's decent size, if not 1:1 than very close to it for one of the smaller lionfish species. It's made of a firm rubber, slightly softer than a Colorata (but just barely), and the fins are made of the same material cut paper thin. It comes with a suction cup and a fishing line to tie it with, the idea being you attach it to the side/bottom of your tank and it floats in mid water. They are a lot more impressive in the water: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KYX1CAJ7x0

Today I got something I've been considering for a while, I used to collect glass and ceramic birds, but after deciding to let go of them I needed something new for my shelf. I have plenty of figures, but I wanted a centerpiece. I considered a few different things, and eventually decided on a 1:1 scale Canada goose. The Flambeau Outdoors Storm Front Decoys model fit my purposes perfectly. A lot larger and a lot more subtly detailed than it's lawn ornament equivalents, it's easily the largest (plastic) figure in my collection. I removed the counterbalance weight to help it lie flat. The heads are poseable and interchangeable but it only comes with one, the choice was an erect or a reaching posture, I thought the reaching was the more impressive of the two.

tyrantqueen

The Canada goose makes me think back to my dad's old hobby. He used to go out every Sunday to shoot pigeons (real ones, not clay ones). He used to have loads of plastic decoy pigeons. Yours is a bit nicer quality though.

Plasticbeast95

MP Sideswipe (car mode)

Got MP Sideswipe ("Lambor" in Japan), will post more pics tomorrow.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: