News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions - Other Toys and Figures

Started by sauroid, February 11, 2014, 07:14:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MLMjp

This Christmas I did´t get anything dinosaur related because.....
.......THIS:

Here´s the main reason why Rebor Acro and Collecta Spino had to be delayed. I will probably buy Spino soon, but Acro seems to be far far away.... :(

Anyway, despite that. I am very pleased with the big guy here :)) :)) :)) DEVASTATOR :)) :)) :))

Jetoar

I have received  for Christmas the Super Grimlock and some vintage figures of Schleich as the Whale Shark and Komodo Dragon even some figures of Star Wars  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

stargatedalek

Michaels had Safari toobs 50% off yesterday so I got the alligators alive toob. Gonna be frank, it's not the nicest toob but I think I will get a lot of use out of it.

This is actually my second toob snapping turtle, I bough the river toob version individually (unfortunately it was feeling elusive today) and they are painted differently.

Softshell is interesting

As expected the scaled down versions of the larger molds are among the best in the set.

These three are posed so similarly, I can't help but see these three as a series of improving sculpt quality. :P

Not as pleased with these ones. Why they didn't reuse that lovely river toob water moccasin instead of this more generic one I don't get.

These ones are very detailed, but the pose is easy to misinterpret.

suspsy

I don't like how Devastator is so ridiculously out of proportion with the other combiners. He's never been depicted like that in any of the fiction. Indeed, he got his butt kicked by Bruticus and Menasor in the cartoon. If his components were Deluxe-sized, I may have been tempted.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

MLMjp

Quote from: suspsy on January 01, 2016, 03:41:48 PM
I don't like how Devastator is so ridiculously out of proportion with the other combiners. He's never been depicted like that in any of the fiction. Indeed, he got his butt kicked by Bruticus and Menasor in the cartoon. If his components were Deluxe-sized, I may have been tempted.

At first I was kinda of annoyed because of that. I would have been nicer if he was just a bit bigger than the other combiners(Not to mention less expensive ::) ::)) But at the end of the day I still like the big guy. :D :D

joossa

Awesome Devastator! :)

I recently got this guy:

-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

earth108

Quote from: joossa on January 03, 2016, 01:41:16 AM

I recently got this guy:

Your Neca Scar looks great joossa :)
The paint jobs look better than the previous series.
I didn't follow the series after the P2 gangs. I might get these avp.

joossa

Quote from: earth108 on January 03, 2016, 02:55:17 AM

I recently got this guy:

I recommend them. Lots of articulation. The armor is very nice. One note is that they are larger than other predators.

-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

earth108

Quote from: joossa on January 04, 2016, 12:30:54 AM
Quote from: earth108 on January 03, 2016, 02:55:17 AM

I recently got this guy:

I recommend them. Lots of articulation. The armor is very nice. One note is that they are larger than other predators.

That is obvious bigger than the renegade :o I'm gonna get one. Thank you for the info joossa.

suspsy

Assembled this set today. The Black Manta minifigure is awesome! And a Batsub to go with my Batboat. :)

Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Plasticbeast95

I recently got Transformers Combiner Wars Rook, Blades, and First Aid. Transformers CHUG Prowl, Mirage, Hound, Jazz and Cliffjumper. Also, some Halo 5 Elites.

EarthboundEiniosaurus

The one thing not dinosaur related i got this Christmas, my Black Series Kylo Ren. Awesomely detailed figure, and a steal for $9!
"Just think about it... Ceratopsids were the Late Cretaceous Laramidian equivalent of todays birds of paradise. And then there's Sinoceratops..."
- Someone, somewhere, probably.

joossa

Quote from: EarthboundEiniosaurus on January 05, 2016, 09:14:04 PM
The one thing not dinosaur related i got this Christmas, my Black Series Kylo Ren. Awesomely detailed figure, and a steal for $9!
Awesome. I have it too and it's really nice. Did you get at $9 at retail? Where?
-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

Takama

I like this Charector a lot more then Darth Vadar.

EarthboundEiniosaurus

Quote from: joossa on January 06, 2016, 04:45:33 AM
Awesome. I have it too and it's really nice. Did you get at $9 at retail? Where?

I got mine from Walmart, it was probably more around $10, I kinda rounded down for some reason :)) I don't have the receipt however, so that's from memory.

Thanks,

EarthboundEiniosaurus
"Just think about it... Ceratopsids were the Late Cretaceous Laramidian equivalent of todays birds of paradise. And then there's Sinoceratops..."
- Someone, somewhere, probably.

stargatedalek

Speak of the devil, I just got out my old Fur Real Friends last week and low and behold I stumble across the one and only one I was still seeking.

tyrantqueen

My latest project- hasn't been pinned, glued or filled yet- so it's just a dry fit done for funsies.

For the most part I hate anime but I did grow up watching Digimon, along with Pokemon and Sailor Moon so I made an exception in this case. Debating whether to paint him in virus or vaccine colours.

Archinto

The Virus paintjob is way cooler, I think you should do that. Thats also the original color depiction of metalgreymon if Im not mistaken?
I'm seeking Orsenigo and other interesting vintage dinosaurs. Contact me if you can help with my search!

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Archinto on February 08, 2016, 08:35:18 AM
The Virus paintjob is way cooler, I think you should do that. Thats also the original color depiction of metalgreymon if Im not mistaken?
Yes :) I think the virus one kinda looks undead/zombie-ish. Apparently its flesh was discoloured blue because of the cyborg parts it incorporated into its body. Seems appropriate somehow.

CityRaptor

Ah, Digimon. I always considered that the better of the two Monster franchises ending with -mon. Better characters, better monsters, better story, better mascot ( it's basically Gon, while the rival has some oversized rodent... )

Quote from: stargatedalek on January 21, 2016, 01:49:19 AM

Speak of the devil, I just got out my old Fur Real Friends last week and low and behold I stumble across the one and only one I was still seeking.

Is that the same one that also poses as a Tyrannosaurus and a "Pteranodon" ?
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: