News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Gwangi's Dioramas (2015 Contest Entry, pg.5)

Started by Gwangi, March 13, 2012, 02:17:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gwangi

This picture was more me just having fun with the Papo Brachiosaurus than it was a serious attempt at a diorama picture. I'll post my rejected concept photos soon. I only had two concepts for this upcoming contest that I actually followed through on. I had others, but they'll have to wait till next year.

Zhuchengotyrant

I like all of them, except the first Giganotosaurus(your thumb was in it) ;)
-Zhuchengotyrant

Gwangi

Yup, my backpack is there too. I don't particularly like most of my older dioramas. I was new to the process and the mistakes are obvious. A few of them aren't bad.

Zhuchengotyrant

Yeah, I especially like the Nigersaurus and the other sauropods ;)
-Zhuchengotyrant

Gwangi

Haven't opened up this thread in awhile but it's that time of year again, time to share all pictures taken in preparation for this years contest.

So this year was difficult. I spent most of the summer packing and moving. My dinosaurs were packed up fairly early in the moving process so I couldn't even go out to take pictures until fairly close to the deadline. The few times I did manage to get out were all cloudy, rainy days. So yeah, I'm not surprised my entry didn't garner a lot of votes. MY entry BTW was "The Fatal Hour".

The location is beautiful to be sure and it took some hiking to get there, as well as scaling some cliffs.

Can you see me down there? Quite a climb! Luckily there are some creek beds running down the cliff which are easier to navigate than the cliff itself. It is in one of these creek beds that I took my photo. I fully intend to go back there this upcoming spring/summer when I have access to better lighting and weather.

So as usual I packed a backpack with several models and gave them all a shot. Here are some of the better results. Again, forgive the quality, an effect of the terrible lighting.

Those are all from day one, pictures from day 2 will be uploaded shortly.

Manatee

Quote from: Gwangi on October 30, 2014, 07:55:35 PM
Haven't opened up this thread in awhile but it's that time of year again, time to share all pictures taken in preparation for this years contest.

So this year was difficult. I spent most of the summer packing and moving. My dinosaurs were packed up fairly early in the moving process so I couldn't even go out to take pictures until fairly close to the deadline. The few times I did manage to get out were all cloudy, rainy days. So yeah, I'm not surprised my entry didn't garner a lot of votes. MY entry BTW was "The Fatal Hour".

The location is beautiful to be sure and it took some hiking to get there, as well as scaling some cliffs.

Can you see me down there? Quite a climb! Luckily there are some creek beds running down the cliff which are easier to navigate than the cliff itself. It is in one of these creek beds that I took my photo. I fully intend to go back there this upcoming spring/summer when I have access to better lighting and weather.

So as usual I packed a backpack with several models and gave them all a shot. Here are some of the better results. Again, forgive the quality, an effect of the terrible lighting.

Those are all from day one, pictures from day 2 will be uploaded shortly.

They actually look quite good, even with your seemingly difficult schedule. My favorite is the one with the squatting Geosternbergia facing to the left.

tyrantqueen

I hate to be the one who mentions this again, but please don't quote an entire post of photos just to make one comment. It's a pain to scroll through, and we do have a rule against it. Thanks :)

Gwangi

Pictures from day 2.

No dinosaur in this picture, just the terrain.

I would have died if he fell off that cliff!

Beelzebufo?

tyrantqueen

That must be a huge frog. Is it intended to be a beelzebufo? >:D Scratch that, I didn't see the caption :-[

Gwangi

Thanks Megalosaurus, I too liked the pterosaur shots. That Pteranodon from Bullyland is one of my all time favorite models. You'll see more of him on page one I believe.

And yes, I'm afraid I have to side with TQ on this one. Could you please edit the pictures out of your post? Just to keep the tread more "clutter free". Thanks!  ^-^

Not intentional at all, he just happened to be there! The Beelzebufo thought just occurred to me as I posted the image.

Dinomike

These are really cool! I'm happy to see Papo Brachiosaurus in your pictures! It's one of my abolute favourites! And the Carnotaurus and the frog pic is just adorable and awesome!
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

Georassic

Great work, beautiful setting, Gwangi. And you really make me want that Bullyland Pteranodon!

AllosaurusRex

Wow I really loved them! I especially loved the shots by the river.  :D

Gwangi

Here are my "Dinosaur vs. Minions" shots for EDB's diorama contest. I had a lot of fun with this, even though it meant I had to buy minions. Their sacrifice was worth my own monetary sacrifice. I thought I would be clever and use caveman minions.

Arul

Lovely ideas lol, undigested minions even acro stomach know minions are yeahh whatever :)) i really enjoy this too just realised combining dinosaur figure with other figure is fun. The minions is very expensive, 1 small set (3pcs of 5cm minions) price is same like one or two good dinosaur figure...but it became so much fun after slay them with our dinosaur figures i have to do this more but maybe with other figure maybe smurf ? Lol :))

Halichoeres

Did you use gelatin and brownie batter for...substances?
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Georassic

Hilarious! I may have to share these with my 4-year-old; he's presently on dinosaur and minion kicks, several of both are constantly laying around the house lately...

Takama

This one is the best of the bunch. it looks very realistic in a cartoonish sort of way

Gwangi

Thanks everyone!

Takama, the one you picked as your favorite is the same one I submitted. Glad to know I picked the right one!

Halichoeres, the blood is actually just those sticky gel-like window decorations you can find in Halloween stores. For what it's worth, the squashed minion is literally a piece of yellow squash. Wasn't the Gryposaurus entry yours? That was one of my favorites.

Arul, the undigested minions are actually underneath a Tyrannosaurus but yeah, I get what you're saying.

Georassic, make sure you check out EDB's thread...Lulu's Mesozoic Emporium...he has a link to the other contestants pictures on the last page. They're all very clever, some admittedly better than mine.

Halichoeres

Quote from: Gwangi on August 21, 2015, 07:12:18 PM

Halichoeres, the blood is actually just those sticky gel-like window decorations you can find in Halloween stores. For what it's worth, the squashed minion is literally a piece of yellow squash. Wasn't the Gryposaurus entry yours? That was one of my favorites.

Ha, how resourceful! Yep, the poopin' Gryposaurus was mine--glad you liked it!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: