News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Our requests for Papo 2016-First round

Started by Concavenator, July 15, 2014, 07:12:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Concavenator

Quote from: kristian on July 17, 2014, 09:00:52 PM
I can't wait until december! But first the papo baby triceratops still add to my collection! Can I shorten my list what better with my 5 absolute favorite dinosaurs Concavenator? was my list too long?
Actually,if you skipped one ,it'd be fine,because I said 5 is the max.
Well,I still have to get the Dimetrodon from last year,and this year's three figures,so I have patience now.
Also.
Quote from: Takama on July 17, 2014, 09:18:03 PM
My suggestion

more obscure species

That is it
Don't want to sound rude,but I actually should say what particular species would you like to see.Otherwise,I don't think it's much useful when later rounds are in.Thanks.

Takama

Centrosaur86

my 5 favorite dinosaurs for papo 2016 are: Giganotosaurus, Ceratosaurus (not based on jp3 Ceratosaurus), Iguanodon, baryonyx, Apatosaurus (based on SideShow model).  :D

postsaurischian

Sending posts in French might be more successful ;D.

Concavenator

Quote from: postsaurischian on July 18, 2014, 07:27:30 AM
Sending posts in French might be more successful ;D.
Maybe,but as long as they understand English,it's fine.I'll try to send the email when our project finishes in French though.Just need someone whi knows speaking French.I know,but just a little.

tyrantqueen

Titanus...yeah, it would be awesome if we had another toy of him ;)

Hehehe I know you mean Titanis and not Titanus....been watching too much MMPR.

Patrx

Quote from: tyrantqueen on July 18, 2014, 12:11:52 PM
Titanus...yeah, it would be awesome if we had another toy of him ;)

Hehehe I know you mean Titanis and not Titanus....been watching too much MMPR.

Don't be silly, there's no such thing  :))
On that note, though, there will apparently be a die-cast Titanus for the Legacy line.

Ikessauro

Here's my list of five creatures I'd like to see from Papo.

Irritator/Angaturama
Doedicurus (imagine the absurdly detailed armor and tail club!)
Ceratosaurus
Anhanguera or another toothy pterosaur
Prestosuchus (huge toothy armored arcosaur, besides, it's not Postosuchus, we have a good one from Safari already)

KeU

Quote from: tyrantqueen on July 16, 2014, 02:28:54 PM
Quote1-Giganotosaurus. slightly longer and slightly heavier built than the T-rex.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but was T.rex not more robustly built than Giganotosaurus? Giggy was more along of the line of an allosaur in terms of build. I see Giga as being longer and more streamlined, and T.rex as bulky and thick set (especially around the neck area). Unless I'm misunderstanding you...

I agree, longer and more streamlined, with a really big head.

velocirapteryx24

My suggestions for papo 2016:

Gallimimus
Ceratosaurus [no jplll version the real animal]
Iguanodon
Quetzalcoatlus
Inostrancevia

And there you have it folks.

Greetings from the Netherlands ;)

Centrosaur86

Centrosaur86

Yutyrannus

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

Libraraptor

Since they released so many Theropods with similar posings, I think a Ceratosaurus would be boring. How about an Ornithomimid or a Therizinosaur?

tyrantqueen

I don't understand why we're making requests for 2016 when we haven't even gotten to 2015 yet. There's no guarantee that they're even listening to us as it is (sorry, but I had to be the one to say it ::))

Yutyrannus

Quote from: tyrantqueen on July 20, 2014, 09:30:04 PM
I don't understand why we're making requests for 2016 when we haven't even gotten to 2015 yet. There's no guarantee that they're even listening to us as it is (sorry, but I had to be the one to say it ::))
Because it was originally a suggestions for 2015 thread. Obviously we shouldn't give suggestions for 2015 because those figures are undoubtedly already chosen by Papo.

Concavenator

Mainly because the 2015 figures are already planned maybe.
Of course,it's not sure they're listening,but they have done a Carnotaurus and a Dilophosaurus after our requests.

EDIT--My 1000th post!

Yutyrannus

Quote from: Concavenator on July 20, 2014, 10:08:06 PM
Of course,it's not sure they're listening,but they have done a Carnotaurus and a Dilophosaurus after our requests.

EDIT--My 1000th post!
Actually only the Carnotaurus had to do with our requests.

tyrantqueen

EDIT--My 1000th post!
We do not know 100% for certain that the Carnotaurus was because of our requests. It may have simply been inspired by Sideshow (as was the Dilophosaurus). You'd probably have more luck (although not a guarantee) with contacting Safari or CollectA with requests. The only company that has demonstrated it is willing to listen to fan requests thus far is Mojo, but they're not making dinosaurs at the moment.

However, your enthusiasm is commendable :)

Yutyrannus

Quote from: tyrantqueen on July 20, 2014, 10:43:48 PM

EDIT--My 1000th post!
We do not know 100% for certain that the Carnotaurus was because of our requests. It may have simply been inspired by Sideshow (as was the Dilophosaurus). You'd probably have more luck (although not a guarantee) with contacting Safari or CollectA with requests. The only company that has demonstrated it is willing to listen to fan requests thus far is Mojo, but they're not making dinosaurs at the moment.

However, your enthusiasm is commendable :)
Well there is no reason not to try ;).

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: