News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Our requests for Papo 2016-First round

Started by Concavenator, July 15, 2014, 07:12:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrantqueen

For the moment, everything is pure speculation.

It's hard to say whether Papo's toys are any more scientifically accurate than Schleich's. I know some of their recent toys have shown improvement, but I have to ask myself whether it's their own research, or (more likely) because of their "piggybacking" off of the very accurate Dinosauria line.

Patrx

Papo gave us a lizard-faced, monsterized Archaeopteryx, for heaven's sake. I'm not sure they can be trusted to make more feathered dinosaurs.
Which is why I think they should just go back to what they're good at and give us a new repaint of their "Velociraptor" based on the ones in Jurassic World.

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Patrx on July 17, 2014, 04:06:18 PM
Papo gave us a lizard-faced, monsterized Archaeopteryx, for heaven's sake. I'm not sure they can be trusted to make more feathered dinosaurs.
Which is why I think they should just go back to what they're good at and give us a new repaint of their "Velociraptor" based on the ones in Jurassic World.
Yes..if they made a therizinosaurus at all, it would probably be nekkid >:D

Concavenator

Quote from: Patrx on July 17, 2014, 04:06:18 PM
Oh,I think their Archaeopteryx is an incredible figure!

Yutyrannus

It is cool, but it is by no means an accurate interpretation of the series.

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

stargatedalek

I don't see whats wrong with the archeopteryx

Yutyrannus

Well, it's inaccurate like all Papo dinosaurs. I wasn't saying there is anything wrong with it, in fact I really like the figure.

Concavenator

A reminder-this round finishes next week so please make sure lots of people tell suggestions.Thanks  C:-)

Yutyrannus

Also, why didn't you change the title to say 2016 and not 2015 yet?

tyrantqueen

Which is the best Archaeopteryx to get? Does anyone know how the Kaiyodo Dinotales Archie fares in terms of accuracy? I like that one quite a bit so I'm considering getting it. The Papo is okay but I don't care for the face.

Patrx

Kaiyodo's is pretty solid, accuracy-wise. It could be said that the "sickle-claws" on the feet are too subtle, but at that scale it's pretty tough to tell one way or the other. Aside from that, I think its neck could use more fluff, though that's not really an accuracy problem.

Concavenator

Quote from: Yutyrannus on July 17, 2014, 05:12:08 PM
Because I don't know how to do that.

Concavenator

Quote from: tyrantqueen on July 17, 2014, 05:23:51 PM
Which is the best Archaeopteryx to get? Does anyone know how the Kaiyodo Dinotales Archie fares in terms of accuracy? I like that one quite a bit so I'm considering getting it. The Papo is okay but I don't care for the face.
I'd get Papo's,personally.

Yutyrannus

Quote from: Concavenator on July 17, 2014, 06:50:49 PM
Quote from: Yutyrannus on July 17, 2014, 05:12:08 PM
Because I don't know how to do that.
Just change the title on the first post.

Megalosaurus

Hi. These are my choices.

Therizinosaurus naked (WWD inspired but other coloration)
Estemmenosuchus (already JP toy)
Shunosaurus (cool club tail)
Eobasileus (love mammals)
Diabloceratops (will be awesome to get a red / orange diablo from Papo. I don't like Collecta nor Safari)
Desmatosuchus (love to see one to replace the Schleichs)
Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

Concavenator

Some quick notes.  C:-)
Don't make lists too long.Papo usually releases 3 figures a year.So please:your list can't have more than 5 animals.
Every round is a week.As I told before,this first round closes next Wednesday.
The rounds are:
As you know,in this first round you may just tell the prehistoric animals you'd like them to make.

After a week,a second round will open and it's a poll-topic,a votation between the most popular 5 ones,one poll for carnivores and another for herbivores.

After another week,the winners are announced.Then I'll create a topic for suggestions on how the two prehistoric animals would look better,as well as some support for the accuracy,maybe possible inspirations,etc.

The more people vote the better.I think all of us have the Papo Carnotaurus thanks to anchry6.It'd be a real honor if the project is succesful!  :D
Thanks.

Yutyrannus

Alright, how about a Titanis and a Majungasaurus.

Concavenator

A Majungasaurus from Papo would be awesome...not to mention that it's perhaps too exotic for them.
It's fine though.A Titanis would be great as well.

Centrosaur86

I can't wait until december! But first the papo baby triceratops still add to my collection! Can I shorten my list what better with my 5 absolute favorite dinosaurs Concavenator? was my list too long?

Takama

My suggestion

more obscure species

That is it

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: