News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Battat, Terra series - New for 2014

Started by Takama, August 11, 2014, 10:43:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alexeratops

Quote from: amanda on September 08, 2014, 01:18:55 PM
And the Battat figures, both old and new, have a very satisfying sort of heft to them. They feel...good.
So true. Wild Safari is like that sometimes too. ^-^
like a bantha!

stoneage

:)  I've taken the figures out of the box, but I'm keeping the boxes.

Megalosaurus

If there were a Target store in my Country, then I surely buy 3 of each; But there isn't. For now it is impossibru  :'( .
Shipping 12 boxes either together or appart will be SO expensive for international collectors.

Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

Concavenator

Dan's work is simply stunning.I may not like the Nanshiungosaurus,but it is very cruel to see that particular piece has got much,much more criticism than,for example,the upcoming Mojö dinosaurs...
I'm with you,Dan is one of the best paleosculptors ever,so we have to treat him goodly.I hope he still is interested in our suggestions. :)

Doug Watson

I checked again at our local Target, this time I got costumer service to run the product numbers and I might as well have been asking for moon rock. There was nothing in the system so it seems we are out of luck in Canada. Too bad Target doesn't sell them online so we wouldn't have to pay the inflated prices I am seeing elsewhere. I may just stick with my original MOS set.

amanda

Canada isn't bad though for shipping. Though even if one of us were to buy them for you, shipping could add nearly double the price. I hope a fair solution presents itself.

Blade-of-the-Moon

I was going to say the same..I'm sure we could assist you but not sure on shipping.

amargasaurus cazaui

Quote from: Doug Watson on September 09, 2014, 04:36:01 AM
I checked again at our local Target, this time I got costumer service to run the product numbers and I might as well have been asking for moon rock. There was nothing in the system so it seems we are out of luck in Canada. Too bad Target doesn't sell them online so we wouldn't have to pay the inflated prices I am seeing elsewhere. I may just stick with my original MOS set.
Unsure how the shpping plays out but I could help get you a set if needed Doug.
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Doug Watson

Thanks you guys, that is nice of you to offer but it burns my butt to have to pay the extra for the shipping. Especially since Battat is a Canadian company! I may wait for one of my vacations in the US of A and grab them then or I could hit my brother up for them in Ohio. Thanks again for the offer that is very generous of you all.

amanda

We (well most of us) look after our own. And most of us are not looking for profit to get these to other members, I don't think.

SBell

Quote from: Doug Watson on September 09, 2014, 04:36:01 AM

I know I'm shocked that Target Canada is once again demonstrating it's pointlessness. I have a friend sending me the one I want, but eventually I will make my way south to see what I can find as well.

Doug Watson

Quote from: amanda on September 09, 2014, 12:23:53 PM
We (well most of us) look after our own. And most of us are not looking for profit to get these to other members, I don't think.

I didn't intend to suggest that any of you would charge me "extra" for shipping I meant it bugs me to pay "any" shipping when my US neighbours can just drive to their local Target and pay the regular retail price. If I did take anyone up on their kind offer I would expect to cover all costs they take on. As it is I will probably wait for my next trip south and if they are all gone by then I won't lose any sleep over it.

amanda

Doug, I'm sorry, you may have misunderstood my intent. I meant to be friendly and supportive....:(

DinoLord

Shipping these internationally can get tricky due to the size and relative weight of the boxes. It would probably be pretty cheap to ship these without the boxes.

Doug Watson

Quote from: amanda on September 09, 2014, 03:15:34 PM
Doug, I'm sorry, you may have misunderstood my intent. I meant to be friendly and supportive....:(

No problem, I was unsure and wanted to make sure my meaning wasn't taken the wrong way. I have seen several examples here in the forum where members have helped other members acquire hard to get items.

JakobVicent

Has anyone found the two other figures at their target?

amanda

No, not yet, although they have had none of the first 4 in stock for a couple days. I am hoping when the new shipment comes in the other 2 will be there. I am surprised Target in Canada does not have them. If it is a Target exclusive why don't they all sell them? Is this going to be a U,S, only set? That is gonna rankle all our international members. :(

Hynerpeton

I have not been to a target to find any. :(
Walking With Monsers:
[about Lystrosaurus] Astonishingly, their vast herds make up more than half of all life on Earth. Never again will a single species do so well.

Walking With Monsters: (Hynerpeton) To avoid injury the males demonstrate their strength  in a strange  push up contest.

DinoLord

Quote from: JakobVicent on September 09, 2014, 10:34:05 PM
Has anyone found the two other figures at their target?
I checked a few days ago and found nothing. I'll be back again next week or so. I wonder how they'll arrange their displays, as the Terra endcaps are already pretty crowded. I'd recommend getting the ones you like out of the current 4 now in case they get pushed out by newer releases in the future.

JakobVicent

came back from target and nothing. Why isn't the target in Canada carrying the battats?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: