News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Battat, Terra series - New for 2014

Started by Takama, August 11, 2014, 10:43:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gwangi

I just got back from Target actually and no, nothing new I'm afraid.

Sim

Hi Dan!  I've enjoyed talking with you!  I appreciate your friendliness, honesty and your approach to making dinosaur figures.  I really like that you consider all the available information, and then go with what you think is best.  I think your interpretations are accurate, realistic, well thought out and look great!  I like the colour schemes you've chosen!  They look like what you might see on a real animal - natural but interesting at the same time.  I can see thought has been put into them.  It's easy to make a dinosaur's colour scheme dull and boring, or to try too hard and make it unrealistic.  As a result of the discussion on this forum regarding how much feathers a specific dinosaur should have, I've done some research which has yielded interesting results, which I'm planning to share in another thread which is appropriate for this.

Thank you for the Battat dinosaur figures!  Thanks for the enthusiasm you have in these amazing figures!  I've not seen any other dinosaur figure line wanting to make sure all their figures are up-to-date.  Thanks for asking us what Battat dinosaurs we'd like to see from you next, and telling us what to expect!  I also really appreciate the other things you've shared, such as the thought and research that's gone into each figure.  I've been having some health problems myself, it's inspiring to see how well you're dealing with yours and how despite them you're doing what makes you happy!

Quote from: ItsTwentyBelow on September 06, 2014, 04:10:15 AM
Our currently unfortunate friends in Europe can't wait for the day they will find your figures within easy reach.
Thanks!  It's true!  I haven't bought any of the new Battat dinosaurs yet, as I'd like to get ones with good paintjobs and it seems the only certain way is to buy them in a bricks and mortar store.  I might decide to buy them online if this doesn't seem possible.

I appreciate everything the moderators and other members have done to allow this forum to be friendly, respectful and fun.  I respect your decisions Dan.  I hope you decide to stay on this forum!
Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on September 06, 2014, 04:46:05 AM
I understand your feelings, but I also ask on the part of those of us who love your work and admire your self for who you are. Do not go, we dont all need punished for a few peoples poor ways.
Yes!  I agree!

Come on everyone, hooray for Dan and his stunning paleoart!
Hooray!  :D

Takama

Quote!

Come on everyone, hooray for Dan and his stunning paleoart!
Hooray!  :D

Hooray  :)

Quen

docronnie

What has happened?  I'm just going to express my happiness, that my uncle just bought the first 4 Battats in their area for me!  :)

I am so incredibly happy!  He even posted that they are beautiful! :)
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

Concavenator

Okay,given some of my previous suggestions were of dinosaurs known from too little remains here are my definitive one (according to size):
Concavenator(6m)

For the MOS series:
Allosaurus (12m)
Gorgosaurus (8-9m)
Yutyrannus (9m)
Spinosaurus (17m)

If you can do a non to scale series,I'd give anything for a Microraptor (iridescent black) from you!

deanm

Well there is one good thing about living near Hamilton, Ontario. it is close to Buffalo and therefore Target stores!

Daddy has a set of the new Battats! Only the first 4 but happy that i got them.

So awesome.

THANKS DAN!!!!!!

amanda

**huzzah**!!  I don't think anyone has more than the first four yet? So, dish. How do you like them in person???

SBell

Quote from: Concavenator on September 07, 2014, 11:37:22 PM
Okay,given some of my previous suggestions were of dinosaurs known from too little remains here are my definitive one (according to size):
Concavenator(6m)

For the MOS series:
Allosaurus (12m)
Gorgosaurus (8-9m)
Yutyrannus (9m)
Spinosaurus (17m)

If you can do a non to scale series,I'd give anything for a Microraptor (iridescent black) from you!

I think this is the wrong thread for that post. Hopefully Dan does return to look at additions to the suggestion threads.

deanm

Quote from: amanda on September 08, 2014, 01:37:11 AM
**huzzah**!!  I don't think anyone has more than the first four yet? So, dish. How do you like them in person???

:)  :) AWESOME!!!!!!!  :)  :)

The photos on the threads really dont show the surface textures and small deatils that Dan put in. 

I will be making the trek again to Buffalo when the new and MOS repaints are out!!!!

amargasaurus cazaui

it might be a point for another thread but how many people are leaving their new battats boxed to preserve their value?
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

amanda

Not me!! I have thoroughly played and fondled mine! :D

John

Me neither!I never buy anything as an investment for resale value anyway. :)
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

amargasaurus cazaui

eh well asde from protecting the value it also preserves the figure to prevent any scratching, hazing or damage. Plus these figures have a diorama background .....while in the box
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

postsaurischian

I never leave a figure in its package. I have to take it out. It's something I just cannot control :-[ ;D.

DinoLord

Seeing as how these are only $8 I bought a second set to leave in the packaging.

tyrantqueen

Lol, whenever people talk about keeping something in its original packaging I always think back to when the Simpsons made fun of that with their Xena parody episode.

If people want to do that, it's fine by me, but personally I find the temptation too great to withstand >:D

SBell

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on September 08, 2014, 10:29:19 AM
eh well asde from protecting the value it also preserves the figure to prevent any scratching, hazing or damage. Plus these figures have a diorama background .....while in the box

My entire collection is behind glass (well, 'glass' since it's more like plastic). So I am not all that concerned with dust or scratches. So out of packages, off with their tags! Better to look at and hold the figures. These aren't crown jewels or radioactive elements after all.

amanda

And the Battat figures, both old and new, have a very satisfying sort of heft to them. They feel...good.

amargasaurus cazaui

Quote from: DinoLord on September 08, 2014, 12:03:36 PM
Seeing as how these are only $8 I bought a second set to leave in the packaging.

I followed that strategy myself, getting two sets so far.  would like to get one set signed on the figre and the box by Dan, and leave the other set as is. So far that is not a problem as I do not want a repaint done for any of them, but I am likely to get three gigantaraptors for that reason.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: