You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Re-issue of Battat former Museum of Science Boston Series

Started by loru1588, August 21, 2014, 05:44:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

suspsy

Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

stoneage

Quote from: suspsy on April 02, 2016, 10:16:55 PM
You could be right, but we shall just have to wait and see. Until there's an official announcement or images released, I'm sticking with the assumption that the Gallimimus and the Utahraptor are not going to be reissued.

I'm sure this has been discussed before, but just what is Wenzel up to these days? Has he even expressed any interest in sculpting dinosaurs again? I thought he retired from that a long time ago.

Why don't you send him an E-mail and find out?   gregorywenzel.photo@gmail.com

amargasaurus cazaui

I myself see it as all gravy> If you had told me five years ago I would be able to grab lots of the Battat dinosaurs, repainted and brand new I would have doubted it quite harshly. Now we have gotten four new sculpts, and several of the battats sent our way...I am grateful for what we have gotten and if it were to end there, I would be delighted for at least what we got.
    That Dan spent some of the last time he had to make that happen for us is for me at least indicative that nothing will stop that train and they will continue coming. It is obvious and clear he wanted people to get a shot at buying them and owning them . I also know he said Battat paid him 250 per repaint...so imagine what he got for the new sculpts. Given that investment and the fact he clearly wanted them out there I myself am quite sure they all will be forthcoming.
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

postsaurischian

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on April 03, 2016, 02:02:06 AM
....... I myself am quite sure they all will be forthcoming.

I'm thinking the same.
For the beginning I'd be happy to finally get the latest three releases, which hasn't been the case yet, because I'm not willing to pay the eBay prices :P.

amargasaurus cazaui

Still working on it, they had not appeared yet in this area..when they do, you are first on my list bro
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

postsaurischian

FlawedCoil82

Yep same story again. Went to Target today but nothing new. I asked one of the workers to check if they were in the back and he scanned the barcode and said there were none in the back and checked to see if they would be included on the next truck and he said they were not listed on the little handheld scanner. Grr. >:(

Sim

Quote from: stoneage on April 03, 2016, 01:32:25 AM

How did you get that email address, stoneage?  Some months ago I tried to find somewhere where Gregory could be contacted, but I wasn't successful.  I was thinking of asking him if there was any chance he'd do any more work for Battat, like new figures or even just new colour schemes for his Utahraptor and Gallimimus if Dan didn't manage to do them (or retooling those figures if Battat allows).  I'm thinking of asking him about this on the email address you provided, letting him know about us on this forum and linking him to The future for Battat thread.  Any thoughts on this, anyone?

suspsy

empire3569

Agreed, worse case scenario nothing comes of it and we are exactly where we are now, best case we might get some contact between us and battat. I'd say go for it

sauroid

"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

stoneage

Quote from: Sim on April 03, 2016, 09:15:06 AM
Quote from: stoneage on April 03, 2016, 01:32:25 AM

How did you get that email address, stoneage?  Some months ago I tried to find somewhere where Gregory could be contacted, but I wasn't successful.  I was thinking of asking him if there was any chance he'd do any more work for Battat, like new figures or even just new colour schemes for his Utahraptor and Gallimimus if Dan didn't manage to do them (or retooling those figures if Battat allows).  I'm thinking of asking him about this on the email address you provided, letting him know about us on this forum and linking him to The future for Battat thread.  Any thoughts on this, anyone?

I found it on the internet along with a phone number.  I thought it would be better to E-mail him though.  It could be the wrong Greg of course but I think it most likely is him.  It can't hurt to ask.  I don't believe he has sculpted any dinosaurs in a while.  I think he's freelancing.  He did do a book about feathered dinosaurs.

suspsy

Don B.

Quote from: Sim on April 02, 2016, 04:13:40 PM
Quote from: suspsy on April 02, 2016, 03:44:54 PM
8 reissues left, not 10.

Diplodocus
Pachycephalosaurus
Edmontonia
Dilophosaurus
Triceratops
Styracosaurus
Maisaura
Ouranosaurus

There's Utahraptor and Gallimimus as well.  Dan LoRusso said all 18 dinosaurs from the original series will be re-issued.

I seem to remember that Dan wanted to redo these to add feathers, but I could be remembering incorrectly.

Pachyrhinosaurus

He wanted to do that^^ but Battat wasn't interested in retools at the moment.

Dan also said something about the mini T. rex being re-released as well.

Quote from: loru1588 on November 18, 2014, 01:29:25 AM
As of now the original 18 as well as the mini T.rex will be re-released. No dates set at this time. If the series does well I'm hoping to add to the series as well as expand the Terra Series also. This is one of the main reasons I am trying to keep everything in the 1:40th scale range, so the 2 series can be displayed together.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

Sim

Thanks for the encouragement, guys!

Quote from: stoneage on April 03, 2016, 08:54:48 PM
I found it on the internet along with a phone number.  I thought it would be better to E-mail him though.  It could be the wrong Greg of course but I think it most likely is him.  It can't hurt to ask.  I don't believe he has sculpted any dinosaurs in a while.  I think he's freelancing.  He did do a book about feathered dinosaurs.

Thanks, stoneage.  I've found a website where that email address was listed in the "Contact" section but there wasn't any phone number.  I also think it would be better to e-mail him, I wasn't planning to phone him.  I've just sent an email asking if he's the Gregory Wenzel who sculpted some of the Battat Museum of Science dinosaur figures.  After that I said I'm a big fan of the Battat dinosaur figures, and if he's the Gregory who sculpted some of them I was hoping I could ask him a few things.

Sim

Here is the response I received (with the opening edited out):

Sorry to say I think you have the wrong "Gregory Wenzel."

I get a lot of mail for an illustrator/artist with the same name. (And I think he does some great images of dinosaurs if I'm not mistaken.)

I am a photographer/photo-artist based in California by way of Chicago. (Dinosaurs are not my subject matter - but maybe someday.)

If you ever get his contact info though, let me know.

Best Regards and Happy Hunting,
Gregory

So, he's not the Gregory Wenzel who did some of the Battat dinosaurs.  I'm still glad I asked though!  This is this Gregory Wenzel's website: http://www.gregorywenzel.com/

sauroid

at least he's friendly and courteous enough to reply. thanks for the effort Sim.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Sim

Quote from: sauroid on April 10, 2016, 05:24:35 PM
at least he's friendly and courteous enough to reply. thanks for the effort Sim.

You're welcome, sauroid! :)  And I agree with the rest of what you said.

Shuvuuia

It took a lot longer than expected, but I finally tracked down all three of the new wave. Strangely, I only found them once at a time, and only the one I needed. Three different targets, and each one had exactly one dinosaur from the new wave. Each store still has 10+ Pachyrhinosaurs though...

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: