You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Re-issue of Battat former Museum of Science Boston Series

Started by loru1588, August 21, 2014, 05:44:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flaffy

I don't think the pachyrhinosaurus's colour scheme appealing to children, that's probably why not many people buy the pachyrhinosaurs.  :(

MLMjp

Why so many people don't like the Pachyrhinosaurus color scheme?

Personally I think it´s fine. Actually I find it kind of attractive.

Flaffy

Pachyrhinosaurus

That's strange. My Targets have one pachy if at all, and the entire shelf is filled up with cryos.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Pachyrhinosaurus on April 17, 2016, 02:36:27 PM
That's strange. My Targets have one pachy if at all, and the entire shelf is filled up with cryos.

Did you buy em' all?  lol 

Maybe there is just some really weird distribution of these, i haven't seen a pattern yet.

Pachyrhinosaurus

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 17, 2016, 04:46:16 PM

Maybe there is just some really weird distribution of these, i haven't seen a pattern yet.

Well I did buy one cryo just for in in-box one, but the shelf is still stuffed with them.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

Quote from: Pachyrhinosaurus on April 17, 2016, 05:23:20 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 17, 2016, 04:46:16 PM

Well I did buy one cryo just for in in-box one, but the shelf is still stuffed with them.

It's just so happened to work out that I've been to about a dozen seperate Targets in the past few months, and I can confirm there is no rhyme or reason to the distribution of Battats. A couple were nearly completely stocked, some had only new ones, some had only old ones, and a few had only couple lonesome figures on the shelf.

Takama

I just looked at the marking on my Stegosaurus, and it says it is Stegosaurus Armatus.

Was it always like this?   I thought it was marked as ungulatus in the original run.

Correct me if im wrong.   

Dinoguy2

Quote from: Takama on April 19, 2016, 04:49:00 AM
I just looked at the marking on my Stegosaurus, and it says it is Stegosaurus Armatus.

Was it always like this?   I thought it was marked as ungulatus in the original run.

Correct me if im wrong.

No, I think the original was labeled armatus too. Most people were considering armatus a synonym of ungulatus (and occasionally lumping stenops in there too) during the 1990s. But it's definitely based on ungulatus (small plates, spine like plates on the tail instead of rounded ones, long hind limbs, eight spikes even though that last one might be wrong). It does have some differences in proportion to the type specimen of ungulatus, and it was probably based more specifically on Bakker's skeletal, which combined specimens of non-stenops Stegosaurs.
The Carnegie Collection Dinosaur Archive - http://www.dinosaurmountain.net

Sim

Daspletodave confirmed the original Battat Stegosaurus was labelled armatus on its belly, but ungulatus on its tag (Reply #141): http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=2546.msg80054#msg80054

Since the Battat Terra Stegosaurus is said to be ungulatus on the Battat Terra website, would I be correct in thinking it's said to be ungulatus on its box?

triceratops83

Quote from: Sim on April 19, 2016, 02:13:43 PM
Since the Battat Terra Stegosaurus is said to be ungulatus on the Battat Terra website, would I be correct in thinking it's said to be ungulatus on its box?

It does say ungulatus on the box.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

Sim

triceratops83

You're welcome. Despite my esoteric collection I HAD to get the Battat Stegosaurus. Ever since I first heard of the BMOS figures I've wanted that eight tail-spiked steg. I had a knock-off version of it at one time. I know it's the not the most popular Battat, but I think it has its' charm.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

Don B.

I picked up another terra T-Rex. In the box, he stood a little taller and when I took him out, the legs were a little firmer. He stands without problems for an indefinite period. Of the two earlier ones, one stands for about two minutes before toppling over and the legs are so soft on the other that he won't stand at all. This represents a major improvement. Also, it was on sale and I had a red card for an additional 5% off.

Flaffy

Although the standing issue was fixed on the newer version, the teeth on the newer version are peg like (like the bullyland 2016 T-rex) and is very unattractive to me. I would rather go for better sculpting than standing issues. That's just my opinion ^-^
Probably one day they would release version 3 (or 4?) which keeps the original t-rex's teeth and has it's standing issue fixed!  ;D

Victoria's Cantina

Quote from: FlaffyRaptors on April 23, 2016, 10:52:06 AM
Although the standing issue was fixed on the newer version, the teeth on the newer version are peg like (like the bullyland 2016 T-rex) and is very unattractive to me. I would rather go for better sculpting than standing issues. That's just my opinion ^-^
Probably one day they would release version 3 (or 4?) which keeps the original t-rex's teeth and has it's standing issue fixed!  ;D

Same here. I picked up the first version last summer, and although I like that the second one stands better, I don't like the look of the teeth. I can prop my first one up with a clear polycarbonate rod so I'm just going to stick with it.

bigbear

Just as the last couple of Battat dinosaurs arrived from my dear friend in the USA, Everything Dinosaur suddenly announced that they have them in the UK! Not bad prices either, but not as cheap as in the USA. I guess it stands to reason, with the extra transport costs, etc... Hopefully, they'll stock any new releases too. Then I can stop bothering my long suffering chum! :-)

Moodyraptor

Got my parasaurolophus from Everything Dinosaur today - cracking little model, so so pleased with it.  :))

critcho

Just got the full 12 models from everything dinosaur today, I only ordered them yesterday! As with most people let alone just those of us in the UK, this is the first time I have seen them in the flesh and they are truly beautiful. So grateful to everything dinosaur that they are now available here.

Flaffy

Quote from: critcho on May 06, 2016, 10:43:15 PM
Just got the full 12 models from everything dinosaur today, I only ordered them yesterday! As with most people let alone just those of us in the UK, this is the first time I have seen them in the flesh and they are truly beautiful. So grateful to everything dinosaur that they are now available here.
Congrats on your haul! ;D (I'm still saving up :'()

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: