You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Re-issue of Battat former Museum of Science Boston Series

Started by loru1588, August 21, 2014, 05:44:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

postsaurischian

Quote from: FlaffyRaptors on September 04, 2016, 08:49:37 AM
I was most excited about the styracosaurus, diplodocus, ouranosaurus and europasaurus. Unfortunately all of them have not been released yet...

Actually Europasaurus is the only one that hasn't been released yet. The other three have been released in 1994 an 1996.

I wonder if the eBay prices for the Diplodocus will now rise again. The hoping for its re-release has been dropping the price for about a year and it was pretty affordable for some people.

suspsy

I'm pretty sure FlaffyRaptors was talking about the repaints of those three, not the originals.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Halichoeres

Quote from: Tyrannosauron on September 04, 2016, 03:53:48 AM
I can all but guarantee that the MOS repaints will be released within days after I finally break down and overpay for an original Diplodocus.

Then by all means hurry!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

empire3569

Guys I think we are forgetting about a pretty big x-factor about this line... the fact that Everything Dinosaur is stocking these and is in close contact with Battat. I remember messaging Mike after the announcement and he said that only the current releases would be stocked but that "battat have expressed a willingness to reintroduce more models". I am sure if they sell well at ED, one of the largest online dinosaur toy stores, and Mike remains in touch with them, there is indeed a good chance more will be released

Flaffy

Email from Battat Terra:
"Thank you for your email. We are sorry, but we do not have any updates that we are able to share with you regarding upcoming dinosaurs.

Terrauniverse.com"

suspsy

Quote from: FlaffyRaptors on September 06, 2016, 04:41:34 PM
Email from Battat Terra:
"Thank you for your email. We are sorry, but we do not have any updates that we are able to share with you regarding upcoming dinosaurs.

Terrauniverse.com"

Same old, same old. As helpful as a cooking pot with no bottom. :(

sauroid

Terra is giving off mixed vibes. i dont know why they are being so vague. maybe there's still hope.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

FlawedCoil82

I emailed Terra Universe regarding these dinosaurs and suggested renaming the line "The Dan Lorusso Legacy Collection" and even raising the price a dollar or two to donate a small portion of the proceeds to Cancer Research in Dan's honor, and this was their reply:

QuoteHello Jack,

Thank you for your email.  We always appreciate when our customers take the time to write us and give us their feedback and use this information to help us improve our products and service. 

We thank you for reaching out and sharing your comments and suggestions and we will forward your thoughts to our production team to review.

Thank you again for your comments.

Terrauniverse.com

Whether or not it is just a standard form letter,  I do not know. But I figure it can't hurt the more they know people want this line to continue.

Daspletodave

Maybe Battat is just being coy. I think we'll either see some new dinos in time for Christmas, or Battat will announce the cancellation of the Terra dino line. Either way, I think we'll have an answer by the end of this year.

RobinGoodfellow

The commercial policy of Battat is totally illogic and crazy.
Every collector in the world wants to buy their figures because the MOS originals are really hard to find now.
So first Battat released again the old line but ONLY in certain USA/CANADIAN stores in limited quantities so collectors outside America can't buy them directly.
Then the models are available outside USA but Battat doesn't release the complete line-up of figures.
It seems like Battat is afraid of selling too much of their products making money.
Totally crazy.
???

deanm

From a collectors POV I can understand and appreciate Robin's opinion and thoughts.   :)

However, as a professional product manager there are some basic important questions that I expect Battat is asking themselves and key data pieces also.  How many units actually sold - as collectors are a tiny portion of their overall consumer market space.  What state/stage are the remaining MOS figures in for mass production? Also I expect they are considering the competition also and how that space is changing (e.g., emerging Chinese companies and their standard competitors such as Safari, Papo, etc). Until official or unofficial word comes out - we are in the dark as to what their plans are.

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: deanm on September 09, 2016, 12:24:11 PM
From a collectors POV I can understand and appreciate Robin's opinion and thoughts.   :)

However, as a professional product manager there are some basic important questions that I expect Battat is asking themselves and key data pieces also.  How many units actually sold - as collectors are a tiny portion of their overall consumer market space.  What state/stage are the remaining MOS figures in for mass production? Also I expect they are considering the competition also and how that space is changing (e.g., emerging Chinese companies and their standard competitors such as Safari, Papo, etc). Until official or unofficial word comes out - we are in the dark as to what their plans are.

Probably you are right.
It's really hard to understand Battat's policy....  ???

suspsy

Well, we know that the remaining reissues and 2015 moulds are at the painted prototype stage, so presumably they could be mass-produced. The big question (one of them, at least) is: who is in possession of them?

Carcharodontosaurus

Hey mods... Could you maybe get rid of the "NEW PICS" from the title; Everytime I see this topic appear in the recent topics, it gets my hope up that there are new pictures of the Battat dinosaurs in boxes or something... Thanks!

Daspletodave

Quote from: suspsy on September 09, 2016, 02:00:02 PM
Well, we know that the remaining reissues and 2015 moulds are at the painted prototype stage, so presumably they could be mass-produced. The big question (one of them, at least) is: who is in possession of them?

I think it's pretty clear that the Battat company owns the moulds. They held onto those moulds even when the original line went extinct, so they clearly saw value in that property. The issue is probably the distribution deal with Target, and whether Target sees any value in continuing with the Terra dinos line, or replacing them with other toys that might sell even better.

Victoria's Cantina

Not sure if this means anything or not, but Terra by Battat now appears to be on Instagram. Of course, it might not really be them. But I thought it was interesting.

JurassicGeek09

To view my collection pieces, check me out at: http://www.instagram.com/jurassicgeek09

empire3569

Quote from: JurassicGeek09 on September 14, 2016, 09:36:11 PM
I just want that Diplodocus. Is that too much to ask?

Lol I'm the same way, its literally the only Battat model I really want. Easily one of the best sauropod sculpts ever, and at such a large scale! I can't believe Battat didn't release in in one of the early waves, it would have made soooooooo much money

Flaffy

I wanna see Diplodocus, ouranosaurus, styracosaurus and triceratops see the light of day...  :'(
I am also very sad about the yutyrannus, majungasaurus and plateosaurus not being finished, so sad... :-\

Flaffy

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: