You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Re-issue of Battat former Museum of Science Boston Series

Started by loru1588, August 21, 2014, 05:44:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flaffy

Keaton64

Every time I see this topic get updated after a period of inactivity, I always hope that it's about Diplodocus.  Why oh why won't they release Diplodocus....

CarnegieCollector

Quote from: Keaton64 on November 17, 2016, 03:26:25 AM
Every time I see this topic get updated after a period of inactivity, I always hope that it's about Diplodocus.  Why oh why won't they release Diplodocus....
I hear ya man, I cant wait for the Diplodocus. 
Is there an alternate universe in which dinosaurs collect figures of people?

amargasaurus cazaui

Considered this often myself, and even tried to mentally get a feel for what price it might be given entering the market, I came up with around 21 dollars give or take?
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

123hellobgbg

Flaffy

Quote from: 123hellobgbg on November 17, 2016, 11:11:50 AM
Are there battat figures in most parts of market in Europe?
Online stores yes. Retail store no.
The Battat Terra line was a Target exclusive only, which meant the rest of the world couldn't enjoy their beauty until online stores (and ebay) stocked them.

suspsy

I suspect the Diplodocus would have retailed for at least $25 US.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

CityRaptor

I figure it would probably cost like 30 to 35 Euos if it was released in Germany.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

CarnegieCollector

Its sad. I live in the USA, in a fairly big town, but the closest Target is about 2 hours away....

Roselaar

Someone really needs to delete that 'New Pics' headline from this thread...

FlawedCoil82

Is it possible that we are aiming for the wrong "Target" (see what I did there?  ;) ) and we should start writing Target instead to encourage them to not give up on supplying these figures if Battat would offer new ones?  Or would that be a dead end also? Darn it, I NEED that Triceratops and Styracosaurus!  :(

suspsy

It couldn't hurt to contact Target.

And yes, someone should change the header.

DinoLord

CarnegieCollector

I'm most excited about the Utahraptor and the diplodocus. Mostly for the diplodocus. I mean, for real, I ain't paying no $200+ for him on eBay!  ;D

sauroid

the ebay resellers of the original Battat (esp. the Diplo) must be still rejoicing.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Flaffy

I don't think that the gallimimus or utahraptor are coming back. Dan mentioned that he wanted to update them both with feathers, sadly he never got to do that.  :'(

Sim

Dan said Battat told him not to retool any of the original Battat dinosaurs, including the Utahraptor and Gallimimus, for the time being (Reply #565): http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=2529.msg107048#msg107048

EmperorDinobot

I can help Europeans here. The smaller ones are on sale right now 'till the end of the month for 5.99 instead of 7.99, but I'm not seeing a lot of diversity. Always just Amargasaurus, T.rex and Acro. Though I did find a Cryolophosaurus yesterday, and I bought it :)

Digibasherx

Not sure if this was stated previously, but I just found a set at the Hudson Bay stores in Canada (in retail no less).  I just picked up the Carno, Stego, Tyranno, Parasaurolophus, Amargasaurus, Acrocanthosaurus, Ceratosaurus, Euoplocephalus, Dacentrurusand the Pachyrhinosaurus.  Prices are 7.99, 9.99 and 11.99 Canadian.

suspsy

Quote from: Digibasherx on January 09, 2017, 02:53:20 AM
Not sure if this was stated previously, but I just found a set at the Hudson Bay stores in Canada (in retail no less).  I just picked up the Carno, Stego, Tyranno, Parasaurolophus, Amargasaurus, Acrocanthosaurus, Ceratosaurus, Euoplocephalus, Dacentrurusand the Pachyrhinosaurus.  Prices are 7.99, 9.99 and 11.99 Canadian.

. . . say what?!

What city are you in?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: