You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Re-issue of Battat former Museum of Science Boston Series

Started by loru1588, August 21, 2014, 05:44:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Enzo_man

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on July 20, 2016, 07:28:06 AM
finally found a Euplocephalus and on sale no less, 7.19 .

Same here!  And a Parasaurolophus both at Target. Now all I need are the Dacentrurus and Nanshiungosaurus :)  The rest of the series can't come soon enough!
Who cares how old you are, loving Dinosaurs never gets old!

Postosuchus84

I really am happy with the Battat Terra series dinosaurs I picked up already (Acrocanthosaurus and Tyrannosaurus). I mean I missed the first versions of the Battat line due to being focused on the Carnegie Collection while growing up and not knowing about Battat. Availability/distribution for dinosaur toys like Battat was very bad I feel, especially for my area. It's a shame because the line is definitely a gem and a half.

Enzo_man

Does anyone have any inside knowledge on when the next ones are to be released?

Takama

Quote from: Enzo_man on July 26, 2016, 04:45:18 AM

If we did, you would know already. the only one who would know for sure passed away last year. :'(

Enzo_man

Quote from: Takama on July 26, 2016, 05:00:55 AM
Quote from: Enzo_man on July 26, 2016, 04:45:18 AM

If we did, you would know already. the only one who would know for sure passed away last year. :'(

I read about his passing and saw the unfinished sculpts. Such a sad photo :'(

suspsy

Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Pachyrhinosaurus

Is it possible that they're releasing new figures every two years like they did for the original run?
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

Flaffy

Quote from: Pachyrhinosaurus on September 02, 2016, 02:40:02 PM
Is it possible that they're releasing new figures every two years like they did for the original run?
I just hope they post something somewhere saying that Battat is not dead. That's all I ask for.

Gwangi

I was in Target just yesterday, walked passed the dinosaurs just in case. Still nothing new. I didn't think there would be but I make it a point to look every time I'm in a Target.

suspsy

I just sent them another brief email inquiry. For all the good it will do.

Jose S.M.

I still maintain some hope they release the remaining reissued figures,  specially Maiasaura,  Pachycephalosaurus and Ouranosaurus.

Sim

Quote from: Pachyrhinosaurus on September 02, 2016, 02:40:02 PM

I've wondered about that too.  I think it's too soon to tell though, since the last new Battat Terra dinosaurs were released in December 2015.

Pachyrhinosaurus

Quote from: suspsy on September 02, 2016, 03:30:42 PM
I just sent them another brief email inquiry. For all the good it will do.
Hopefully they say something of substance. I sent one last month and they said they couldn't release any information.
Save Dinoland USA!

Tyrannosauron

Quote from: Pachyrhinosaurus on September 02, 2016, 05:08:30 PM
Hopefully they say something of substance. I sent one last month and they said they couldn't release any information.
Perhaps they're negotiating with Mr. LoRusso's estate?

Pachyrhinosaurus

I would assume that once the models were in Battat's hands they would be their property since they paid Dan for them. IIRC he only posted pictures once the models were sent.
Save Dinoland USA!

suspsy

Well, this isn't exactly encouraging. I think we have to face the possibility that the line died along with Dan. :(

QuoteThank you for your email.  Our dinosaurs are from the Dan LoRusso collection and with his unfortunate passing, we have not issued any new items and are unable to provide a timeline if and when new dinosaurs may be released.

Terrauniverse.com

Tyrannosauron

Quote from: suspsy on September 02, 2016, 06:17:06 PMWell, this isn't exactly encouraging. I think we have to face the possibility that the line died along with Dan. :(
That's a shame. I wouldn't presume to know that Mr. LoRusso would have wanted the rest of the series released under these circumstances, but it would have been a great way for his fans to celebrate his work. At least we got four new Battat dinos at a time that no one thought we'd ever again get any.

Enzo_man

Quote from: suspsy on September 02, 2016, 06:17:06 PM
Well, this isn't exactly encouraging. I think we have to face the possibility that the line died along with Dan. :(

QuoteThank you for your email.  Our dinosaurs are from the Dan LoRusso collection and with his unfortunate passing, we have not issued any new items and are unable to provide a timeline if and when new dinosaurs may be released.

Terrauniverse.com

:'(  :'( :'(

postsaurischian

Maybe someone should tell them that they'd make huge profit with the re-release of the Diplodocus. I'd wager my boots on it.

tyrantqueen

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: