You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Re-issue of Battat former Museum of Science Boston Series

Started by loru1588, August 21, 2014, 05:44:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Digibasherx

. . . say what?!

What city are you in?

Toronto :)

And I should clarify these are the Terra by Battat, Dan LoRousso collection ones, I didn't see the Cryolophosaurus or the Nanshiungosaurus.

suspsy

Quote from: Digibasherx on January 09, 2017, 02:57:46 AM
. . . say what?!

What city are you in?

And I should clarify these are the Terra by Battat, Dan LoRousso collection ones, I didn't see the Cryolophosaurus or the Nanshiungosaurus.

Well then, I'll have to check the locations here this week! Were they on end caps?
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Digibasherx

Quote from: suspsy on January 09, 2017, 03:03:45 AM
Quote from: Digibasherx on January 09, 2017, 02:57:46 AM
. . . say what?!

What city are you in?

Well then, I'll have to check the locations here this week! Were they on end caps?

<edited because I thought endcaps were something else>  The were not really end caps, but all the Battat figures sat in the own tower rack in the middle of the isle..  There's probably about 5 of each figure.  I was a really interesting find, because I never expect to see these in Canada.  Too bad they don't have others, because I see Battat farm figures.  I'd love to score a Trike.

Are you in Ottawa?

suspsy

Daspletodave

I just checked The Bay online shop and did a search in the Toy category for Terra- and 10 Terra dinos appear there!
Good news for Canadians!

Flaffy

Any news regarding the unreleased repaints and new sculpts?

suspsy

If there was any news about releasing the remaining toys, you wouldn't need to ask. It'd be all over the forums. There'd be no way you couldn't know.

But there isn't any. :(

Still, this Bay thing is really great news for us Canadians! :D

http://www.thebay.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/en/SearchDisplay?storeId=10701&catalogId=10652&langId=-24&pageSize=12&beginIndex=0&sType=SimpleSearch&resultCatEntryType=2&showResultsPage=true&pageView=image&searchSource=Q&searchTerm=Terra&x=0&y=0

Digibasherx

suspsy

Checked one of my local Bay stores today. Lo and behold, Battat!

This is wonderful news for Canadian collectors! Now all that's needed is for Battat to wake up and start releasing toys again!

Victoria's Cantina

Good to see that they're releasing them in Canada. The fact that they're putting them out in new markets is promising since it indicates the line has done well enough in the US. Here's hoping for those additional models to be released!

Shonisaurus

By the way I have all the dinosaurs of Battat except the cryolophosaurus and nanshiungosaurus Does anyone know if they are going to commercialize in Europe and in Germany to give a few examples?

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

This is great news, but UUUUGHH, when are you going to stop leaving us hanging, Battat? We're all chomping at the bit to buy your stuff!!! I'm absolutely desperate for a good Ouranosaurus right now...

Jose S.M.

Quote from: Stuckasaurus on January 10, 2017, 03:39:48 AM
This is great news, but UUUUGHH, when are you going to stop leaving us hanging, Battat? We're all chomping at the bit to buy your stuff!!! I'm absolutely desperate for a good Ouranosaurus right now...

Ouranosaurus and Maiasaura are the ones that I want the most to be released!

sauroid

great news that they are releasing them in Canada too. there are new stocks of previously unavailable figures in the UK right now. so wont be long til the rest of Europe sees them in shelves, hopefully.
what im curious about is if the US stocks are just being transfered/resold in other parts of the world? i hope not tho.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

amargasaurus cazaui

Quote from: sauroid on January 10, 2017, 06:55:23 AM
great news that they are releasing them in Canada too. there are new stocks of previously unavailable figures in the UK right now. so wont be long til the rest of Europe sees them in shelves, hopefully.
what im curious about is if the US stocks are just being transfered/resold in other parts of the world? i hope not tho.
Just a guess but it seems like it would cost more to ship figures from the US than to cast more and just send them to the other markets.......
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Digibasherx

I'm thinking of picking up another Para or two for repainting.  We rarely get good looking hadrosaurs.

ItsTwentyBelow

I have all the current Terra releases by now, but I still check, and the end cap at my local Target is still well-stocked with a good variety of Terra dinosaurs. This is an encouraging sign that they are being released with displays in other markets, because they aren't being phased out in the US from what I can tell.

It still seems possible that we could see the unreleased figures. Pentaceratops, please, please, please!

Shonisaurus

I would like a reprint of all the toy dinosaurs in Battat and if they are going to be reissued I would like to have the nanshiungosaurus of Battat Terra sold in Canada, the United States and Great Britain as well as in Continental Europe, Online from Europe and Australia.
And if there are national companies and representatives of Battat who risk selling them in their stores for me would be welcome.

suspsy

I think I may buy a few more dinosaurs and then donate them to charity next Christmas. It'll be my little way of trying to encourage Battat to release the rest of the line, and encourage The Bay to stock it!

Digibasherx

I think the bigger problem is, the Bay isn't really known for toys for a long time.  I had an hour to kill and decided to roam at the Bay coz it's the only store in the area.  I doubt many people go to the Bay for toys.  If Battat scored a deal with Walmart, then I think distribution would be higher.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: