News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Safari Ltd - new for 2015

Started by Ikessauro, September 18, 2014, 05:22:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alexeratops

'This might be the first one. :))'
The first one that I know of, at least. ;)
like a bantha!

Meso-Cenozoic

Do the Archaeopteryx's wings look a bit short or could it be the angle of the pics?

John

Quote from: Meso-Cenozoic on October 15, 2014, 09:26:50 AM
Do the Archaeopteryx's wings look a bit short or could it be the angle of the pics?
I don't know but I'm guessing it's just the angle.We'll need to see more pics to be able to tell for sure.
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

Hynerpeton

Threre is a official video up now too.
Walking With Monsers:
[about Lystrosaurus] Astonishingly, their vast herds make up more than half of all life on Earth. Never again will a single species do so well.

Walking With Monsters: (Hynerpeton) To avoid injury the males demonstrate their strength  in a strange  push up contest.

Arul

Quote from: predino on October 17, 2014, 09:01:01 PM
Threre is a official video up now too.

Yeah not only dinosaur but other creature is amazing too, like the horse with fire on its body :D

amanda

It's...exactly the same only a better angle and resolution. No changes to the sculpt.

Meso-Cenozoic

The wings still look a little short to me. I know they are angling down, but still. I'm liking the blue iridescence on the back, though.

Facebook always downgrades their pic's resolution quite a bit. I tried to bring the resolution back up...

BTW, where's that official video? I looked on Safari's site, but couldn't find it. Is it somewhere else?

CityRaptor

Seems like they are going for that shimmering effect also found on Magpies:
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

stargatedalek

now if only they would re-release their microraptor painted like that ;)

Meso-Cenozoic

Gwangi

Yup, I'm gonna have to get all the Safari releases from this upcoming batch. Still not sure about the Velociraptor but probably.

Simon

Once again, Wild Safari (easily) laps Carnegie.  Does Safari even care any longer about their Carnegie dinosaur line?  Or is the parent company going to let Wild Safari lead the dinosaur way and perhaps discontinue the foundering Carnegie "Museum" dinosaur line?

alexeratops

OMG. There goes my savings...

I love the Naustoceratops, Yutyrannus, Archeopteryx- all of them actually. Take that, shleich!!
like a bantha!

Simon

The "Abominable Snow Dinosaur" of the late Cretaceous?  I like it!

DinoLord

All the WS models are stunning in these new photos, especially the Sauropelta. I was originally on the fence about that one but will definitely get it now.

Daspletodave

Nasutoceratops is easily the best of the bunch. Yutyrannus looks like he's wearing a flabby sweater two sizes too large.

Gwangi

Quote from: Simon on October 20, 2014, 11:48:39 PM
Once again, Wild Safari (easily) laps Carnegie.  Does Safari even care any longer about their Carnegie dinosaur line?  Or is the parent company going to let Wild Safari lead the dinosaur way and perhaps discontinue the foundering Carnegie "Museum" dinosaur line?

I had suggested the same thing in another thread, it may have been this one actually. At this point it really wouldn't hurt my feelings any.

The Nasutoceratops is my favorite too, but the Yutyrannus takes second place for me.

amanda

I can't see much to like about the Velociraptor. The paint in that pick is mega thick and gloppy looking. It's a hideous application. If they can't get the catalog representation to look good, what hope is there for production models? Look at it. All the fine detail of the feathers on the head and neck are just mired in thick paint. Shameful. The Yutyrannus is likely to become my first feathered dino. I only own one Raptor, the Battat Utah, so no feathers here yet. Not by design, just by way of species. Really, all the WS figures are pretty much must haves this year.

amargasaurus cazaui

I guess I am still lost trying to understand why the Safari LTD thread is being flooded with wild Safari pieces..is my syntax incorrect or isnt Safari LTD referring to Carnegie line and the WS line would be another thread? I guess I must have misunderstood, can someone clarify?
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: