News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Safari Ltd - new for 2015

Started by Ikessauro, September 18, 2014, 05:22:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on February 08, 2015, 01:13:49 PM
Quote from: Albertosaurus on February 08, 2015, 11:58:18 AM
Quote from: Everything_Dinosaur on February 08, 2015, 10:30:15 AM
Now in stock at Everything Dinosaur, the five new prehistoric animal figures from Safari Ltd.

Namely, the 1:10 scale feathered Velociraptor and the Wild Safari Dinos Archaeopteryx, Yutyrannus, Sauropelta and the Nasutoceratops.

You can find them here: New Safari Ltd models in stock at Everything Dinsoaur

Great! Time to place an order! Though I am still wondering if I should buy the Sauropelta....I would like to see some review first
Consider this a review...one of the nicest dinosaur figures released this year PERIOD. Get one...or three. It is stunning..nuff said.

Agreed, if you like ankylosaurs at all you should pick one up.

Meso-Cenozoic

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 08, 2015, 03:29:55 PM
Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on February 08, 2015, 01:13:49 PM
Quote from: Albertosaurus on February 08, 2015, 11:58:18 AM
Quote from: Everything_Dinosaur on February 08, 2015, 10:30:15 AM
Now in stock at Everything Dinosaur, the five new prehistoric animal figures from Safari Ltd.

Namely, the 1:10 scale feathered Velociraptor and the Wild Safari Dinos Archaeopteryx, Yutyrannus, Sauropelta and the Nasutoceratops.

You can find them here: New Safari Ltd models in stock at Everything Dinsoaur

Great! Time to place an order! Though I am still wondering if I should buy the Sauropelta....I would like to see some review first
Consider this a review...one of the nicest dinosaur figures released this year PERIOD. Get one...or three. It is stunning..nuff said.

Agreed, if you like ankylosaurs at all you should pick one up.

I'm in total agreement here about the Sauropelta. That was the one figure from Safari this year I was most surprised about when seeing it in person. The pics of it do it absolutely no justice! The tiny level of details on it are simply stunning. If I didn't know who made it, I would've sworn it was one of those few Papo figures that they got right! You should definitely get it.

Albertosaurus

Ok, just received the Nasutoceratops and Sauropelta and...oh boy!! that Sauropelta looks so amazing!!! Papo?who said Papo?? This figures is 10 times better that any figure released by the french manufacturer so far! The level of detail is amazing and surprisingly the paint job is great too! The Nasutoceratops is also a fantastic scultpt, but sadly the color job is not as good as in the sauropelta, but anyways, it is a stunning figure!!! Doug, your sculptures are just awesome!

Rathalosaurus

SHOW IT!!! SHOW IT!!! SHOW IT!!!
Dude, I very like Dinos and I cannot understand those who don't.

Concavenator

I still need more pics of the Archaeopteryx.I think Patrx posted some,but I can't see them now.More pics please!

Patrx

Quote from: Rathalosaurus on February 16, 2015, 06:20:32 PM
SHOW IT!!! SHOW IT!!! SHOW IT!!!

Quote from: Concavenator on February 16, 2015, 07:08:23 PM
I still need more pics of the Archaeopteryx.I think Patrx posted some,but I can't see them now.More pics please!

There you go!

Jetoar

[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Rathalosaurus

Oh boy! I DO need this Nasutoceratops!!

Edited for quoting multiple pics in the same thread as they already appear. Blade.
Dude, I very like Dinos and I cannot understand those who don't.

Concavenator

Strangely,the Archaeopteryx is one of this year's most underrated models.That may eb due to its pose,but I think it's awesome.

Arul

Quote from: Concavenator on March 21, 2015, 09:42:39 AM
Strangely,the Archaeopteryx is one of this year's most underrated models.That may eb due to its pose,but I think it's awesome.

Yes...so sad, i hope that is not the reason for why safari ltd and carnegie separated...

Shadowknight1

Honestly, I don't like that pose for the Archaeopteryx.  It could have been so much better.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

Concavenator

Quote from: Shadowknight1 on March 22, 2015, 03:17:16 PM
Honestly, I don't like that pose for the Archaeopteryx.  It could have been so much better.
The pose yes.Aside,it's striking.

Blade-of-the-Moon

I don't have an issue with the pose. It seems to be landing to me.

suspsy

It could also be displaying to a female. Or trying to warn off a predator.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Concavenator

I think it's in a hunting pose.Perhaps scaring off little mammals,or insects.

CityRaptor

The only issue with that pose would be that the other Archaeopteryx models have a similar one due to their spread wings.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Shadowknight1

Quote from: Concavenator on March 22, 2015, 03:35:05 PM
Quote from: Shadowknight1 on March 22, 2015, 03:17:16 PM
The pose yes.Aside,it's striking.
Honestly, I would have disagreed before seeing in-hand pics.  The stock photo made it seem really dull color wise, especially compared to the Papo Archaeopteryx and the Carnegie Microraptor, but it seems to have quite lovely colorations.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

CityRaptor

Because it is glossy black, like a Magpie.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Arul

Magpie...in indonesia its called "kacer" hehehe

Alexxitator

Quote from: CityRaptor on March 23, 2015, 09:51:59 AM
Because it is glossy black, like a Magpie.

Yes I agree on that. I wrote this a few weeks ago in the "recent aquisitions" thread. So glad I am not the only one who sees a (maltreated) magpie in it!

Quote from: Alexxitator on March 13, 2015, 12:41:15 PM
Today I received a parcel with a sticker on it; Urzeitshop.de. When I was finished happily unpacking this my coffee was stone cold. But it was more than worth it!

-snip-

The least favorite of all would be the Safari 2015 Archaeopteryx. To me it looks like someone took a dead magpie and shoved wooden sticks in it to make it stand. Add to that the head sculpt, it's so static. Details are pretty good on the feathers, but the much bashed Papo version does way batter there. (But that one has a whole range of other deficiencies of it's own, I know)
To kill an error is as good a service as, and sometimes even better than, the establishing of a new truth or fact.
-Charles Darwin-

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: