News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Knock-off figures - general discussion

Started by SBell, October 03, 2014, 03:34:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sauroid

docronnie, are the mouths of the papo fakes movable?
oh and they are in 168, right? i have all the originals (except the "Pteranodon") but i'd like to have the bootlegs.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

docronnie

The mouths are all movable except for the Pteranodon, but the Allosaurus does not move well enough.

Yes, 168. Pasilio 1A something. Enter 168 coming from the burned down Divisoria mall, it is on your left.

This is the second set. Never saw them before. I bought the first that I saw last month, for my friend. Then, I saw this second set, lacking one figure, supposed to be 9. According to the seller these are their last stock, but this could only be a ploy for me to buy them all.

Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

docronnie

The sets usually contain 5 Schleichs and 4 Papos. They sell for P1200 per set, but haggle down to P1000 or more. Good Luck! :-)
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

yankeetrex

This is my Knock off Papo Dimetrodon repaint, has to be my favorie knockoff,haha. Not done yet with it.

LophoLeeVT

check out MY NEW YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!Blueproduction dino action!!! Dont forget to subscribe for more stuff!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLWQjvkq8qSyXALeEkHFeqw

Jetoar

[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

mest

Today i found this RC dino(€ 16.99) from GERARDO'S TOYS on the store shelf:

It looks like the big brother of this CollectA's Triceratops.

There are two different dinos available. Triceratops and Tyrannosaur. Tyrannosaur didn't look familiar.
http://gerardostoys.com/product/ir-control-triceratops/
http://gerardostoys.com/product/ir-control-tyrannosaur/

And one from Chap Mei

Viking Spawn

Very curious as to why there seems like a sudden surge of numerous knock offs of late?  I know they always have been there but recently there is an explosion of them!  Like a locust plague or something?!   I wonder if the release of Jurassic World had something to do with this?   

sauroid

of course, everyone is cashing in on the popularity of the movie.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

PaleoMatt

Takama, did you ever end up showing the manager of walgreens the original figures against the fakes?

LophoLeeVT

wow i really like the knock off ornithlestes! are they avalible in  south korea?
check out MY NEW YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!Blueproduction dino action!!! Dont forget to subscribe for more stuff!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLWQjvkq8qSyXALeEkHFeqw

SomeRandomPaleoNerd

i don't mind getting knockoffs there fun to play with but i also want to start collecting some better made models and stuff not that i  hate knockoffs because knockoffs are very good for dinosaur stopmotion videos its just i'm going to start getting more kenner hasbro papo schelich collecta favorite co: dinosaurs kaiyodo and safari ltd figures as well as some more mini's for my collection :D  O:-)
"Imagine if you could travel back in time, to a time long before man"

pylraster

I found a bootleg Papo Running Rex, surprised it balances well. The details are the same as the original, however there is a seam running down the torso. It also weighs much lighter than the original and has very sloppy paint on the eyes. I guess he'll be good for repaint though.

CityRaptor

So, can we put the Schleich Dimetrodon here as well?
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

sauroid

i saw a knock off of the WS Apatosaurus in one of the major toy chain stores. it has a seam across the body, hollow and looks generally horrible. it's a boxed figure and sitting side by side with the knock off Papo T. rex figure, they both look atrocious together (perfect match). i dont know why the chinese pirates bother with the "elaborate" packaging when they are only selling very poor products. i was secretly pleased that i have the originals in my possession.

pylraster

Quote from: sauroid on November 03, 2015, 03:16:10 PM
i saw a knock off of the WS Apatosaurus in one of the major toy chain stores. it has a seam across the body, hollow and looks generally horrible. it's a boxed figure and sitting side by side with the knock off Papo T. rex figure, they both look atrocious together (perfect match). i dont know why the chinese pirates bother with the "elaborate" packaging when they are only selling very poor products. i was secretly pleased that i have the originals in my possession.

Hahahaha I guess it's the same one I saw. Under the "Dinosaur Revive" line. I wondered why they bothered with the packaging as well. Next to the original, the bootleg felt like a cheap zombified clone. But I still got it nonetheless, just because of the ridiculously cheap price.

Bootlegs have always been a perennial thing but indeed there seems to be a massive "boom" this year. Maybe because of JW?

Halichoeres

In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

pylraster

Speaking of Papos, I find it funny that National Geographic would let their name be associated with this:

Dino, droppings, droppings?

CityRaptor

The poop is the best part...wait does it say 50 million years old? Does not look like bird poop. The fullbody dinosaur on the package also looks like a twisted Schleich T.rex.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

MLMjp

Quote from: pylraster on November 04, 2015, 03:22:37 PM
Speaking of Papos, I find it funny that National Geographic would let their name be associated with this:

Dino, droppings, droppings?
Even the knock-offs shown in the forum adds are better than that

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: