News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Knock-off figures - general discussion

Started by SBell, October 03, 2014, 03:34:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pylraster

Ahaha. Perhaps one of those factory workers is aware that the hands shouldn't be pronated, and went and "corrected" it anyway. Though Im willing to bet that they just did it out on a whim.

Libraraptor

Quote from: Ikessauro on August 23, 2015, 06:11:39 PM

Haha, do you guys see the irony in that? Schleich is the only company which is ripped off by bootlegers and the fake product shows improvements compared to the original.

;D ;D Schleich "quality"  mended by the fakers  :)) :))

Takama

Look what i found at Walmart in the same isle

DC

Quote from: joossa on August 05, 2015, 11:07:41 PM
Fake Papo Archaeopteryx.... I think?  ???

I would assume so on Ebay it sold for $4 my local retail store wants $21.  I saw the same packaging arond what looked like a Schleich Styracosaurus.  Schliech has been it pretty hard by copies lately this the first I have seen for Papo.
You can never have too many dinosaurs

pylraster

Quote from: Takama on August 24, 2015, 11:38:43 PM
Look what i found at Walmart in the same isle

Better pose! Hahaha! I bought a fake Giga this afternoon too and it has trouble standing. The toes are too soft. Waste of $3 I guess.

Rathalosaurus

Dude, I very like Dinos and I cannot understand those who don't.

CityRaptor

Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

pylraster

Geoworld knock-offs? The originals were terrible already. These are just... uh...

Viking Spawn

Wow!  The knock offs have really got plentiful and even out of hand.  I'm surprised none of the real companies haven't done anything about it?!  Or did they commission their molds to lesser companies...?  Which wouldn't make sense.   :o

Takama

sauroid

i don't know if the companies can really do anything about the plagiarism. those chinese manufacturers operate covertly, and as far as i know they dont print their office address on the package/label.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

tyrantqueen

Quoteand as far as i know they dont print their office address on the package/label.
Sometimes they do. I had a set of Safari bootlegs that did. Guess they couldn't resist the chance for self promotion. I passed it onto Safari.

SpittersForEver

If you go into Poundland you will probably see some safari knock-offs with Papo box art  ::)

Raptoress

Ah yes I see those all the time. XD Just wish they actually had Safari dinosaurs where I live. Genuine ones, I mean.

LophoLeeVT

that holy carno.... soooooooo long arms maybe i have uncovered a spezies: carnotaurus longichairus....
check out MY NEW YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!Blueproduction dino action!!! Dont forget to subscribe for more stuff!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLWQjvkq8qSyXALeEkHFeqw

Hypsi

Just saw this guy on Ebay.

I like the colors! Maybe not the paint job, but it's decent.

Dilopho

Quote from: Hypsi on September 06, 2015, 05:50:52 PM
Just saw this guy on Ebay.

I like the colors! Maybe not the paint job, but it's decent.

Oh no, he's not a bootleg! He's made by Megasaurs, and if you look on his foot it says Saurophaganax. It was apparently purposely made to go along with the papo allosaurus, for the sculptor's kids who loved Saurophaganax. That's why it's just a little bit bigger than the papo allo, too. It comes in three colours!

CityRaptor

Sounnds like a lame excuse to justify them making a bootleg. What a bunch of jerks!
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Dilopho

Quote from: CityRaptor on September 06, 2015, 07:23:38 PM
Sounnds like a lame excuse to justify them making a bootleg. What a bunch of jerks!
It's not a bootleg! But it does copy a lot. I thought it was a bootleg at first. It's a shame that the Megasaurs line ended before they could release the battling dinosaur figures- figures of dinosaurs locked in combat, such as a tyrannosaurus covered in troodontids, or the dinosaurs (and pterosaurs) with prey, including an *incredible* realistic carnotaurus, better than schleich and papo. But the company got sold to another company which didn't care much for dinosaurs.

Uroplatus

Quote from: Dilopho on September 06, 2015, 08:28:12 PM
Quote from: CityRaptor on September 06, 2015, 07:23:38 PM
It's not a bootleg! But it does copy a lot. I thought it was a bootleg at first. It's a shame that the Megasaurs line ended before they could release the battling dinosaur figures- figures of dinosaurs locked in combat, such as a tyrannosaurus covered in troodontids, or the dinosaurs (and pterosaurs) with prey, including an *incredible* realistic carnotaurus, better than schleich and papo. But the company got sold to another company which didn't care much for dinosaurs.

Seriously?  ???
It's looking like nothing more then a shameless Papo knock-off to me...

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: