News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Knock-off figures - general discussion

Started by SBell, October 03, 2014, 03:34:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Killekor

Bigger than a camarasaurus,
and with a bite more stronger that the T-Rex bite,
Ticamasaurus is certainly the king of the Jurassic period.

With Balaur feet, dromaeosaurus bite, microraptor wings, and a terrible poison, the Deinoraptor Dromaeonychus is a lethal enemy for the most ferocious hybrid too.

My Repaints Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5104.0

My Art And Sculptures Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5170

My Dioramas Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5195.0

My Collection Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5438

Viergacht

Oh no, I actually really like those! I wouldn't really call them a knock-off, though, since the medium is so totally different. Maybe more closely inspired.

Sigmasaurus

I found this company that is a nominee for the KING of Bootlegs. A company called deAO. Which does bootlegs on Papo, and Schleich. They are selled on Amazon, and even worse, it gets GOOD reviews! Just look at them!!! They are hideous!

BlueKrono

Wow. Some of those are so close to the original Papo I could understand why someone might think they're "awesome".
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

CityRaptor

Are there any patterns that indicate fake reviews, like the ones on Schleich figures?
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Sigmasaurus

Quote from: CityRaptor on January 29, 2017, 11:10:38 PM
Are there any patterns that indicate fake reviews, like the ones on Schleich figures?
I don't know, how do I find these patterns?

Sigmasaurus

Quote from: BlueKrono on January 29, 2017, 11:00:57 PM
Wow. Some of those are so close to the original Papo I could understand why someone might think they're "awesome".
Agreed. I could almost mistake the Running Rex for the real one If it weren't for the eyes.

CityRaptor

Quote from: SLE on January 30, 2017, 12:01:28 AM

The same review copy pasted on several figures. May show some variations regarding the title and the number of stars ( but always between 4 and 5 )
Oh no

Sigmasaurus

Quote from: CityRaptor on January 30, 2017, 12:07:41 AM
Quote from: SLE on January 30, 2017, 12:01:28 AM

The same review copy pasted on several figures. May show some variations regarding the title and the number of stars ( but always between 4 and 5 )

Yeah, I've seen that In other places but... NONE OF THE FIGURES HAVE ACTUAL REVIEWS.  >:(

CityRaptor

No actual reviews? Yes, that seems fishy.
Oh no

stargatedalek

I don't see how, aside from the Papo Tyrannosaurus eyes, those are any worse than the originals. A little rougher around the edges sure, and the paint isn't going to be as good in general because of the price range, but the actual recasting is quite well done.

If anything I'd bet the Schleich are an improvement, they probably use a cheap yet hard plastic instead of that disgusting chalk-like material Schleich is obsessed with, it's so uncomfortable to the hand, that alone is enough to keep me from buying any figures they make in it.

sauroid

they almost look like the real deal esp. the T. rex and Spino...
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

CityRaptor

Apparently some sellers on Amazon.com sold those as the real deal if negative reviews are anything to go by.
Oh no

TheRaptorSlayer

Indeed, those Papo bootlegs are... surprisingly good!  :o Well, as "good" as a knock-off can be, I mean.
So your world's benign?
So you think justice has a voice
And we all have a choice?
Well now your world is mine...
And I am fine...

CityRaptor

I think some of them are also sold for the same price as the originals.
Oh no

Digibasherx

Quote from: SLE on January 29, 2017, 09:48:16 PM
I found this company that is a nominee for the KING of Bootlegs. A company called deAO. Which does bootlegs on Papo, and Schleich. They are selled on Amazon, and even worse, it gets GOOD reviews! Just look at them!!! They are hideous!

There are FloZ bootleg of Papo, Schleich on Ebay as well.  They look about the same as the deAO ones.

Viergacht

Its tusks are growing out of the trunk! Dear god.

CityRaptor

Simba's new line of Dinosaurs has some familiar faces:
Oh no

GasmaskMax

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: