News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Schleich - new for 2015

Started by DinoToyForum, October 17, 2014, 06:11:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lusotitan

I honestly quite like the Carnotaurus. if i can get a hold of it I'd like it. Part of me wishes it was armless actually. At least would've made it quite unique. Other then that, the Microraptor and Archaeopteryx look good, but being in a set they're passable. Other then that, nothing that good.

tanystropheus

Quote from: RolandEden on December 22, 2014, 08:23:00 PM
Video review of Anhaguera.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukQbgn3D8Lc
I really like it!

It looks a lot better in person than in the stock pic. Pterosaur jaw articulation is a huge PLUS. My only issue...the eyes seem to be pushed too far back ...actually, even the Papo/Sideshow Tupax has eyes set all the way back...is this anatomically accurate for Pterosaurs? Does anyone know?

Manatee

Quote from: Lusotitan on December 26, 2014, 01:50:24 AM
I honestly quite like the Carnotaurus. if i can get a hold of it I'd like it. Part of me wishes it was armless actually. At least would've made it quite unique. Other then that, the Microraptor and Archaeopteryx look good, but being in a set they're passable. Other then that, nothing that good.
Why would you wish it to be inaccurate? Carnotaurus had arms, as stubby as they may be. Also, talking about the Anhanguera, I'll have to see it in person to make a decision, but it doesn't look all that bad.

stargatedalek

Making it armless is (very!) speculative, the arms are small enough that theoretically they could have been inside the body, albeit highly unlikely given the presence of digits. It would however make for a very interesting and novel speculative figure.

Lusotitan

Quote from: Manatee on December 27, 2014, 11:23:48 PM
Quote from: Lusotitan on December 26, 2014, 01:50:24 AM
Why would you wish it to be inaccurate? Carnotaurus had arms, as stubby as they may be. Also, talking about the Anhanguera, I'll have to see it in person to make a decision, but it doesn't look all that bad.
Not impossible, given their size. Albeit unlikely. And again, it would have made a unique and somewhat funny figure of what is otherwise something that's not going to be very notable or good by comparison to others.

Meso-Cenozoic

Kentrosaurus video review by Jurassic Collectables. I really like this guy, especially his pose. The details are also quite nice. How is the overall accuracy? Feet??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1OjIpdbInc

tyrantqueen

I believe the (front) feet are incorrect. They should look like this

But I didn't really expect that much of them in the first place tbh.

Patrx

Thanks for that, TQ! I've been looking for an up-to-date visual guide to stegosaur feet for ages. Where did you find that? Do they site their sources?

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Patrx on December 28, 2014, 06:42:47 AM
Thanks for that, TQ! I've been looking for an up-to-date visual guide to stegosaur feet for ages. Where did you find that? Do they site their sources?
The artist is Andorou-Khan. The link is here: http://www.deviantart.com/art/Stegosaurian-Feet-391845603 A link to the paper is provided in the description. The artist has also done one for ceratopsian feet.

tanystropheus

Quote from: tyrantqueen on December 28, 2014, 06:36:55 AM
I believe the (front) feet are incorrect. They should look like this

But I didn't really expect that much of them in the first place tbh.

It looks something like the diagram. The main problem with this model is that the 5th digit on the front feet is clearly visible when it shouldn't be. I'm surprised that Schleich went through all the trouble of making the plates appear bone-like with layered texture. The head sculpt is very similar to the WS Stegosaurus.

Patrx

Cool ceratopsian reference! Though, as the artist mentions in the comments there, the hands should be rotated outward a bit more.

Meso-Cenozoic

Thanks for these graphs, TQ! If still not completely perfect, they are some of the best references I've seen.

Yeah, I wasn't expecting the feet to be perfect either. So many toy companies still get the feet of Stegosaurids and Ceratopsians wrong. Although, I think this Kentro's overall look is pretty good. Definitely a step up in the right direction for Schleich!

sauroid

i hope the Kentrosaurus wont cost as much as the Pentaceratops which i got for US$20
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Daspletodave

This Kentrosaurus is a definite improvement for Schleich. I just hope they continue this trend towards better more realistic dinosaurs.

triceratops83

Schleich's always done a few pretty good figures here and there, but it's peppered in with the nonsense. Look back through the years, for every Parasaurolphus, you've got at least one Ceratosaurus.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

DinoG

Overall a good model, I am in!
Run!

SpartanSquat

Kentro looks awesome! I hope Schleich will make more like this. Also the official website is updated.

Arul

As my wish, kentro is outstanding  :D

Everything_Dinosaur

Schleich Carnotaurus (small, blue figure to replace current Dinosaurs series) does definitely have arms and four digits per hand as well.  Digits a little too well developed we think, but this model does have arms although Schleich promotional images failed to show them.

For a picture showing the arms and digits visit Everything Dinosaur's Facebook page:Our Facebook Page.

Hope this helps to clear up any confusion.

Arul

Thank you ED  :) 2015 schleich really2 make a big boom  ;D love it

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: