News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Schleich - new for 2015

Started by DinoToyForum, October 17, 2014, 06:11:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

That little Rex? looks like a demon..those red eyes..

CityRaptor

His small size just means that his evil is more concentrated.  >:D
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Tallin

I just got my Schleich Kentro, and I must say, it's exceeded my expectations! She's a beautiful creature! An extremely dynamic pose too! (Though I'm dubious as to the flexibility of the end of the tail in real life)

sauroid

the Kentrosaurus looks really great. i can't wait to get my own. my local Schleich distributors usually take some months to get the new ones in.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

tyrantqueen

Putting the CollectA Kentro with the Schleich was a good idea.

Blade-of-the-Moon

This guy is certainly one of their better pieces.

Meso-Cenozoic

I can't believe I'm saying this. But of all the Kentrosaurus/Dacentrurus toy figures out there, I actually think this one is now my favorite. 8)
BTW, thanks for the great pics, Tallin!

Tallin

No probs and thanks everyone! I think the spines might be my favourite part, they graduate from beige to dark green like real horn should. The front feet are wrong, but I wasn't honestly expecting Schleich to get everything right!

suspsy

The Kentrosaurus looks so nice . . . and then I remember the unfortunate Spinosaurus and the Giganotosaurus due out this year as well.

Ah well, improvement is improvement!
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

pylraster

Looking forward to the Spinosaurus despite its inaccuracies. It will make for a fun display on my desk. Don't really have much of a choice since we dont get brands other than Schleich here. *sighs* ^_^

Shonisaurus

From my point of view the spinosaurus 2015 schleich biggest size is not the worst evil within Schleich, is a hybrid between the spinosaurus between the old and new look.

Takama

The fact that the New Spino is on four limbs is a coincidence to the new discovery.   The models for 2015 were finalized a long time ago.

If i ever Start Collecting Schelichs again. I will get the new spino because i dont have the current one, and i think the current one looks awful

CityRaptor

When it comes to Schleich, I'm selective. Now the Kentro, I'll pick up at some point.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Manatee

Nice pictures of the Kentro! So many releases, I can't decide which to get first!

pylraster

The current spino is certainly bad. Not even my kid wants it. This new guy is more detailed though.

suspsy

The Spinosaurus really looks silly all hunched over like that. It looks as though it's playing make-believe.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Everything_Dinosaur

The Schleich Anhanguera and the Schleich Kentrosaurus replicas (World of History model series) are now in stock at Everything Dinosaur.

You can see these models here: Schleich World of History Models

The eight Schleich mini dinosaurs (one is a Pterosaur) are also now available, these figures have sort of grown on us all here as we have been checking over the inventory.

Schleich mini dinosaurs are here: Schleich Mini Dinosaurs (plus that Pterosaur)

leidy

I picked up the Kentrosaurus during the week.  It's such a great figure.

Photos don't do it justice, it's such a lively, 3-dimensional pose, like, really coming at you in every direction.  It looks great from so many angles, full of overlapping motion and overlapping spines and plates.  Great variety in the detailing, transitioning from the scaling on the head to larger scaling and wrinkling, with some particularly excellent texturing on the plates.  Beautiful colour scheme they came up with too.  Some people like earth tones on their dinosaurs, others like them more vibrant with splashes of colour.  This should please both, being colourful without garishness and subtly blended naturalism without becoming dull and drab. 

It's such an awesome model it made me wish the Tendaguru Allosaur and Ceratosaur were sufficiently represented by the fossil record to result in a plastic enemy for this Kentrosaurus to face off against.

It's pretty clear this is the work of the same sculptor who gave us last year's Pentaceratops, which I also liked (and probably a few others I didn't like so much).  Accuracy level is decent, the main issues are limited to to claws on the forelimbs, but both toys are so dynamic and striking and alive to be well worth cherry-picking.

Schleich may do better for dinosaurs like these, that are well known from fossils but haven't quite infiltrated the popular culture.  It requires a bit of research, as opposed to dinos like T.rex and Velociraptor, because Schleich hardly bother and seem to think they know how those should look, and which are more susceptible to clichés carried over from the thousands of JP-inspired hackwork over the years .

sauroid

i've seen pics of the new Schleichs. i dont know why Schleich had to paint their figures like chinasaurs. too bad 'cause some of them are ok-ish.
thankfully, there's the Kentrosaurus and Anhanguera.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Everything_Dinosaur

Everything Dinosaur's short, video review (6:38) of the Schleich Anhanguera Pterosaur figure: Schleich Anhanguera Reviewed

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: