News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

CollectA-New for 2015

Started by Concavenator, October 20, 2014, 07:14:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patrx

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on December 30, 2014, 09:53:07 PM
Quote from: Concavenator on December 30, 2014, 08:00:28 PM
CollectA's website updated:
http://www.collecta.biz/es/

Please can anyone explain me what is the new series 'Supreme'.If it's of animals of small size,I think a Microraptor or Harpactognathus would look gorgeous.Already an impressive start with the Guidraco,my fave pterosaur.  :)

Let me say I hope that's what they are doing. Making smaller species larger/closer to 1:1.

That would be excellent! Since dinosaur figure lines are often produced in only one scale, they end up at something like 1/40 - 1/20 for the sake of the big, popular dinosaurs, and the smaller ones are ignored. That's one of the reasons I like it when companies use inconsistent scales.

Concavenator

Please can anyone explain me what is the new series 'Supreme'.If it's of animals of small size,I think a Microraptor or Harpactognathus would look gorgeous.Already an impressive start with the Guidraco,my fave pterosaur.  :)

Let me say I hope that's what they are doing. Making smaller species larger/closer to 1:1.  I'm gettign at least three of those Guidracos.. ;)
Wow,you like it a lot,don't you?!  :o Anyways,it's a fantastic model.I don't think I've ever seen a prettier pterosqur figure,and the fact that it's my favorite species helps too.

suspsy

I'm all for this as well. Imagine how wonderful a 1:10 or even 1:5 scale Compsognathus would be.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Sim

After looking at pictures of the figures, I can see the CollectA Nasutoceratops and Medusaceratops have the same body as the CollectA Xenoceratops.  In the Nasutoceratops the quills and tail are different, but in the Medusaceratops everything beyond the head looks the same as on the Xenoceratops!  Looking at the Medusa again, it looks like for its head they just modified the Xeno's head.  The depressions in their faces are the same, and it would explain its inaccuracies which were mentioned earlier in this thread.

I don't like when parts of a figure are recycled for another figure.  It feels cheap, and it doesn't look good especially when the figures sharing body parts are together.  Papo recycled their Pachyrhinosaurus' body for their Styracosaurus, I wonder if any other figures have recylced parts from other figures?

Quote from: Patrx on December 30, 2014, 10:10:21 PM
That would be excellent! Since dinosaur figure lines are often produced in only one scale, they end up at something like 1/40 - 1/20 for the sake of the big, popular dinosaurs, and the smaller ones are ignored. That's one of the reasons I like it when companies use inconsistent scales.
As far as I'm aware, almost every dinosaur figure line doesn't stick to only one scale.  The only one I can think of which currently does is Battat.

Patrx

Quote from: Sim
As far as I'm aware, almost every dinosaur figure line doesn't stick to only one scale.  The only one I can think of which currently does is Battat.

Oh? Neat! I never really examine the scale. But I guess that's true, because the new Safari Archaeopteryx certainly seems to be of a reasonable size.

tyrantqueen

Um, Patrx, did you just reply to yourself? :o

Ah nevermind he fixed it 8)

Patrx

Quote from: tyrantqueen on December 30, 2014, 10:41:45 PM
Um, Patrx, did you just reply to yourself? :o

Of course not, that would be silly  ;)

Thanks, "edit" button!

Sim

Hehe!  Things went a bit funny with my post too, so I'll add this here.  It's good to have some lines using consistent scales.

Patrx

Quote from: Sim on December 30, 2014, 10:50:33 PM
Hehe!  Things went a bit funny with my post too, so I'll add this here.  It's good to have some lines using consistent scales.

That's true! I can definitely see the appeal of collecting in a consistent scale :)

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Concavenator on December 30, 2014, 10:13:41 PM

Let me say I hope that's what they are doing. Making smaller species larger/closer to 1:1.  I'm gettign at least three of those Guidracos.. ;)
Wow,you like it a lot,don't you?!  :o Anyways,it's a fantastic model.I don't think I've ever seen a prettier pterosqur figure,and the fact that it's my favorite species helps too.

lol well to be fair I plan to use two of them as chicks for an adult specimen I'll make. The other goes in the collection. :)

Meso-Cenozoic

Thanks Concavenator for their updated website link.

I also really like the Guidraco, overall. But I probably won't be getting it because of two things.... 1) I just can't get past where they put the hinge in the lower jaw -- instead of putting it back where the natural hinge is, it's literally breaking the bone to open it. And 2) With its size being nearly 10"x10", it would look really awkward in my collection of mostly 1/40 scale. 1/35 - 1/45 is about my limit. But at 1/4 scale, that's just too big. I have gotten figures before that were smaller animals made bigger for details sake. But they really have to be well done. And I'm afraid this one with his broken beak just doesn't make the grade.

I'm not that excited about their ceratopsians this round. I like WS's much better. But I'll still probably end up getting them, as well as the Daxiatitan, even though it's a bit redundant.

I don't remember a new tree. (It's funny, the tree branches are arranged exactly like the pic of it on Wiki.) I've been trying to find out how far back the Baobab Tree goes. Was it around with any dinos or prehistoric mammals?

The figures I'm most excited about getting and seeing in person are the Feathered T. rex, the Acro and the Temnodonto.

And btw, I don't think the Daeodon's problem is his hoofs, but his FLIPPERS! Hehe!! ;) ;)

suspsy

I've been meaning to ask: does anyone have any good images of Daeodon's hooves? I'd like to see a side-by-side comparison with the CollectA model.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Meso-Cenozoic on December 31, 2014, 01:44:49 AM
Thanks Concavenator for their updated website link.

I also really like the Guidraco, overall. But I probably won't be getting it because of two things.... 1) I just can't get past where they put the hinge in the lower jaw -- instead of putting it back where the natural hinge is, it's literally breaking the bone to open it. And 2) With its size being nearly 10"x10", it would look really awkward in my collection of mostly 1/40 scale. 1/35 - 1/45 is about my limit. But at 1/4 scale, that's just too big. I have gotten figures before that were smaller animals made bigger for details sake. But they really have to be well done. And I'm afraid this one with his broken beak just doesn't make the grade.

I'm not that excited about their ceratopsians this round. I like WS's much better. But I'll still probably end up getting them, as well as the Daxiatitan, even though it's a bit redundant.

I don't remember a new tree. (It's funny, the tree branches are arranged exactly like the pic of it on Wiki.) I've been trying to find out how far back the Baobab Tree goes. Was it around with any dinos or prehistoric mammals?

The figures I'm most excited about getting and seeing in person are the Feathered T. rex, the Acro and the Temnodonto.

And btw, I don't think the Daeodon's problem is his hoofs, but his FLIPPERS! Hehe!! ;) ;)

I think the seam in the jaw where it flexes isn't super obvious, but if it is in the production piece I'll add some epoxy and fill it in.

As for display, just get you a nice bird cage and set him in it..lol great conversation starter if nothing else. ;)

Meso-Cenozoic

A bird cage! Now why didn't I think of that? :o That's hysterical!!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Meso-Cenozoic on December 31, 2014, 06:07:23 AM
A bird cage! Now why didn't I think of that? :o That's hysterical!!

Wait til you see the pic I have planned when I get them.. ;)

Meso-Cenozoic

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on December 31, 2014, 04:51:17 AM
As for display, just get you a nice bird cage and set him in it..lol great conversation starter if nothing else. ;)

Alright. You win! I think it might be strong enough. Don't worry, though. He always hangs halfway out of his cage when it's feeding time. Just watch your fingers! Heh, heh, heh!! >:D

Blade-of-the-Moon

rofl! LOVE it!!!! ;D

Let's see if we can plus it even it more...how about a sound on a sensor that screeches like an ungodly terror when they get close enough or you push a button? heh heh

Sim

That cage looks too small for it, it can't do much in there...

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on December 31, 2014, 04:46:33 PM
Let's see if we can plus it even it more...how about a sound on a sensor that screeches like an ungodly terror when they get close enough or you push a button? heh heh
Hehe!  That's very funny!

Meso-Cenozoic

Quote from: Sim on December 31, 2014, 11:50:00 PM

This is just his chill cage. Most of the time he gets to fly around the house! (Although, a much needed XL pooper-scooper was sought out on amazon! LOL!)

Chris.... Maybe like those sensors used in those animated talking/singing mounted fish! Hahaa!!!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Meso-Cenozoic on January 01, 2015, 01:47:13 AM
Quote from: Sim on December 31, 2014, 11:50:00 PM

This is just his chill cage. Most of the time he gets to fly around the house! (Although, a much needed XL pooper-scooper was sought out on amazon! LOL!)

Chris.... Maybe like those sensors used in those animated talking/singing mounted fish! Hahaa!!!

lol see? GREAT way to start a conversation..  ;D

I can point you to a cheap motion sensor..it's the sound and having it play when triggered that's difficult..for me anyway. lol

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: