News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

CollectA-New for 2015

Started by Concavenator, October 20, 2014, 07:14:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

suspsy

I gaze longingly at this pic. Far more often than is healthy, I fear.

Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Shonisaurus

It is true and it is a shame not to reveal more images tyrannosaurus rex feathered Collecta.
, Moreover, They Could reveal more images and smilodon and Acrocanthosaurus and Spinosaurus apart in different versions.

Dobber

God, I am so excited for that toy!

Chris
My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

Blade-of-the-Moon

Interesting. If the little Rex is the same scale as the big Rex then it's not a chick as I thought. Looks more like a young juvenile.

SBell

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on March 09, 2015, 02:07:32 AM
Interesting. If the little Rex is the same scale as the big Rex then it's not a chick as I thought. Looks more like a young juvenile.

The figure is referred to as a 'juvenile' so that could be pretty much anything before adolescent.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: SBell on March 09, 2015, 02:15:54 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on March 09, 2015, 02:07:32 AM

The figure is referred to as a 'juvenile' so that could be pretty much anything before adolescent.

I was going to use it to eventually scale up and make into a life size piece so was trying to figure exactly what size/age it was.  I had assumed a chick but it looks to more like 8' if scaled against the adult?

sauroid

would be cool to see CollectA make real T. rex chicks, either huddled together on a nest or collectively feeding on regurgitated meat. they should also be mottled dark brown on light background like bird hatchlings.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: sauroid on March 09, 2015, 05:33:31 AM
would be cool to see CollectA make real T. rex chicks, either huddled together on a nest or collectively feeding on regurgitated meat. they should also be mottled dark brown on light background like bird hatchlings.

If anyone could give it a go I'd bet on CollectA to do it.  They could go a step further and do their own " life stages of T-Rex " set.  They already have two.

Concavenator

The T.rex is badass!CollectA are definetely steps ahead the rest.And watch out for next year's releases,because I tyink 2016 is their 10th anniversary.

suspsy

I'd love to see a Deluxe T. rex "hen" in 2016. She would lack the red crest of this year's model, of course, and perhaps be mostly brown in colour. Personally, I'd like it if she was sitting down (especially if a nest of chicks was made), but I realise that bigger figures demand more exciting poses.

Rathalosaurus

Aren't there any more pics of the Rexy?
He is so gorgeous. Probably my favourite this year.
Dude, I very like Dinos and I cannot understand those who don't.

Dobber

^^ Unfortunately no, for some reason pictures have been rare. I thought for sure more pictures would have been taken at the toy fare, but evidently not.  :(

When is this due....end of year?

Chris

Quen

Blade-of-the-Moon

That's been the consensus I've heard.

Dobber

Shadowknight1

I was debating on getting feathery rexy there or REBOR's King T-Rex to take the place of my Papo standing T. rex, but I think I'm gonna go with the feathery one.  Should make a nice contrast to the Papo running T. rex.  And totally looking forward to  the Deluxe Spinosaurus.  Comparisons to a Chinese dragon made me want him even more lol
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

Tallin

I'll probably end up getting the feathered rex, the Spino AND the Acrocanthosaurus at least haha...my wallet is going to suffer so much this year...

Shadowknight1

Quote from: Tallin on March 09, 2015, 10:52:27 PM
I'll probably end up getting the feathered rex, the Spino AND the Acrocanthosaurus at least haha...my wallet is going to suffer so much this year...
I would've gotten Acro...if REBOR wasn't doing one. :D
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

suspsy

I find it funny how the official image of the Feathered T. Rex makes it look like it's standing more or less in a straight line with its tail curling slightly to the left . . .

. . . but in the image from Nuremberg TF, it becomes clear that both the head and tail are sharply turned to the left.

I just hope this pose doesn't result in too much warping during shipping.

For whatever reason, I'm just not interested in the Acrocanthosaurus, at least not right now. It's the one CollectA toy that isn't on my want list.

Arul

Love the headsculp, no shinning bright teeth  :)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: