News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

CollectA-New for 2015

Started by Concavenator, October 20, 2014, 07:14:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thelordsgym

Quote from: MiniZoo on June 11, 2015, 08:35:14 AM
Quick hello.. Guidraco, Acrocanthosaurus, Temnodontosaurus, Smilodon & Daeodon are now available through MiniZoo
http://www.minizoo.com.au/categories/Collecta/Prehistoric/

Feathered Trex is due early July and Spinosaurus (three versions) are due August.

$USD is killing $AUD right now so it may be worth checking our prices even with shipping from Down Under!

Not on this topic but REBOR Yutyrannus also now back in stock.

Ordered....thank you again for your excellent products and for offering international shipping!

terrorchicken

ooh very interested in those mini figures...

so how come Collecta's never made a carnotaurus yet?

Bokisaurus

Here we go, the new prehistoric mammals from CollectA's 2015 lineup has arrived, thanks to MiniZoo!Great prices, really about the same as US dollars, great deal :)
On to the new figures, Wow! They are beautiful and well sculpted pieces for sure! Really loving these set of prehistoric mammals, about time new ones are made.
First up, the ferocious Daeodon at 1:20 scale. This is one mean, scary looking beast! I love the colors on this guys, and it really live up to it's name "Dreadful Teeth", which are perfectly sculpted. It's small eyes are set way back in it's skull.
This is really a beautiful and must have for all prehistoric mammal fans.
[

Next up is the equally awesome/handsome Moropus, also at 1:20 scale.
Now this guys is more conservatively colored than the Daeodon, mostly tan with some dark brown highlights. It really is a beautiful figure, the sculpting is done very well. The figure's pose is in an alert mode, capturing it's curious expression very well. For such a small mouth, the teeth, even the ones deep inside, are very well sculpted and detailed, and there are NO paint run on the white!
[

With it's Bullyland predecessor

Next is none other than the mighty Smilodon, the T-rex of the prehistoric mammal world ( in term of it's ubiquitous in the figure world). This is by far a huge improvement over it's predecessor and much natural looking ( no overly exaggerated open mouth ).
This figure, like the others, is very well done and detailed. Unlike the countless Smilodon figures out there that are based on lion/cougar look, this one was obviously inspired by the Bobcat, and it really works and refreshing to see.
Once again, the small inside teeth details are amazing! This is by far my favorite Smilodon figure.

With it's predecessor and also facing off with the mean pride ;)
[

Last, but not the least, is the curious live-bearing ichthyosaur, Temnodontosaurus.
Right off the bat, this one is unique in not only the first figure of this species, but also in that it is sculpted in the process of giving birth ( first seen in the small Kaiyodo figure).
This figure is given a dark grey color. The head is dominated by the huge eyes and some wrinkles.The beak and mouth is nicely done, with the small teeth individually sculpted. I really love this figure, for sure, it is different from all the other ichthyosaur figures out there. It is much streamlined and has a smaller fin than the others. I'm curious to hear what the marine reptile experts have to say about it's accuracy.
This is a much welcomed figure to boost any marine reptile collections.
[

Closer look at the baby ^-^
[

There you have it, hope you all like these new figures, and a big thank you again for MiniZoo for sending the order quickly.

Shonisaurus

Thanks Bokisaurus by figures are magnificent, as are the prototypes as I imagined. Glad that are smaller in size than I imagined (for space reasons).

Especially the smilodon is a beautiful figure certainly at least for me the best of the bunch, that if without underestimating at all the rest of the group.

Now it has to wait to see the revelations of acrocanthosaurus, guidraco and feathered tyrannosaurus rex. Undoubtedly this has been the best year for Collecta.

tanystropheus

The Temnodontosaurus is an exceptional model with a one-of-a kind pose. It also seems to be faithful to the fossil evidence:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/9d/Temnodontosaurus_platydon_(cast),_Lyme_Regis,_England,_Early_Jurassic_-_Royal_Ontario_Museum_-_DSC09976.JPG

The Maropus is another solid prehistoric mammal by CollectA. It has a lot of character. CollectA should be commended for their prehistoric mammals and marine reptiles.

I like the Daeodon, as well... but I think I was spoiled by Mojo's Entelodont/Daedon...

Gwangi

All wonderful figures but I'm absolutely in love with the Temnodontosaurus. I need it ASAP.

Arul

Wow i love that smilodon. I agreed, its the best smilodon figure ever

triceratops83

That Daeodon is a beautiful sculpt.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

Meso-Cenozoic

Thanks for the great pics again, Boki, and for taking the time to capture different angles!

I wonder why CollectA is so late this year here in the States? They're usually later than their prospective delivery dates, but this year they're really late. DeJankins has had some listed for availability as far back as May, but still aren't in yet!

Like others, the Temnodontosaurus is probably my favorite of the bunch as well. But I have all of them on order. I think their Daeodon will look nice with Mojo's Entelodont, if they're about the same scale. Is Mojo's also around 1:20? I have him, but it doesn't say on his underside. Also, with Collecta's having more brightly colored facial patterns, and looking and bit more beefed-up, he could clearly play the the male to Mojo's female. ;) The only one I'm having a slight problem with is the Smilodon. His hair looks to be a bit too stamp-repeated, making it look a little more artificial. But I'm sure it's being picked up more in these closeups under brighter lights. I am happy they made him stockier with more bulk and a slightly shortened body length. So many companies tailor theirs after the more streamlined panther-like bodies.

Blade-of-the-Moon

I've heard stories of shipping delays, manufacturing issues, ect.. seems the earliest might be August we'll see them. I was pretty surprised myself when I realized I hadn't seen any yet.

Roselaar

Very good figures! Temnodontosaurus is a definite must-have.

terrorchicken

gosh I just love the daedon, its so pretty! Im torn cuz I already have the Mojo one (which is very nice too) and I have space issues, but I would really love to have it! The Moropus Im definitely getting, I have Bullys calicothere but I consider that one a different species than this Collecta one. The smilodon is okay but I really love the wild safari one I have and with prehistoric mammals I like to stick to one model for each species...
I love the ichthyosaur and I dont have an ichthy model yet, but that baby just bugs me, I wish it didnt have it. :/

Blade-of-the-Moon

Just take an exacto knife and slice it off. Easy fix.

stargatedalek

I hate to sound happy on others suffering but all this talk of delays stateside makes me feel a lot more comfortable with my choice to buy from MiniZoo, Here's hoping it arrives soon and I can get some pics of the guidraco ;)

paleoferroequine

Well, I'm happy to see the new mammals. But Daeodon (*sigh*)should only have two toes on the feet not four. Mojo made the same mistake. Companies seem to have a real problem with feet for some reason. Daeodon was not a pig. But, still I'll take what I can and be grateful for it! ;D

Simon

Nevermind.  I think I figured out what he was trying to say ...

Shonisaurus

It is a pity that so few prehistoric mammals do all toy companies.

Moreover for the inaccuracy in the fingers Daeodon it is one that is perhaps the weakest from the point of view of Collecta paleontological figure. The moropus is more accurate but their colors are more conservative.

Moreover Smilodon is for me the best figure of prehistoric mammals after megacerops.

But from my point of view this second round of prehistoric animals of Collecta the weakest figure of all is going to be certainly the Acrocanthosaurus, from my perspective is quite inaccurate and partly plagiarized from paleoartístico point to Carcharodontosaurus of the same brand.

suspsy

The Acrocanthosaurus is a completely new toy and not a remould of the Carcharodontosaurus.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Meso-Cenozoic

Quote from: stargatedalek on July 03, 2015, 08:16:08 PM
I hate to sound happy on others suffering but all this talk of delays stateside makes me feel a lot more comfortable with my choice to buy from MiniZoo, Here's hoping it arrives soon and I can get some pics of the guidraco ;)

Since you're in Canada, how bad was the shipping from Australia to North America? It still might be a bit different for me in the US, but still we're both in N. Am. It's actually my only concern about ordering from there. Although, DeJankins should have some of these in the near future. But seeing these pics is definitely testing my patience. Haha!

stargatedalek

It was about 30 dollars to ship, this was for the guidraco along with last years mosasaur and therizinosaurus, and CollectAs quetzalcaotlus.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: