News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

CollectA-New for 2015

Started by Concavenator, October 20, 2014, 07:14:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Meso-Cenozoic

Quote from: stargatedalek on July 04, 2015, 05:46:09 AM
It was about 30 dollars to ship, this was for the guidraco along with last years mosasaur and therizinosaurus, and CollectAs quetzalcaotlus.

Probably even higher because of the size of their Guidraco! Heck, I'm even dreading what it will cost within the States! LOL! Thanks for the info!

SpartanSquat

Well people I have some bad news: In my local shop in Madrid Natural History Museum told me that Collecta will left Spain. I dont know why they left Spain. I saw many Collectas in other toy stores. The same thing happened to Safari, here.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: RolandEden on July 04, 2015, 01:34:57 PM
Well people I have some bad news: In my local shop in Madrid Natural History Museum told me that Collecta will left Spain. I dont know why they left Spain. I saw many Collectas in other toy stores. The same thing happened to Safari, here.

s it true what you described RolandEden?
I am also a buyer of the Museum of Natural Sciences in Madrid and distributor of Collecta IMDSL with whom I contacted did not tell me anything like that at all.

On the contrary told me that dinosaurs Collecta (guidraco, Acrocanthosaurus, smilodon, Daeodon, moropus and Temnodontosaurus) would be available on mid-July.

Moreover the feathered tyrannosaurus rex and Spinosaurus three versions with new look would be available in Spain in late September, particularly in the Museum of Natural Sciences in Madrid.

It's got a message from the letter from the director of IMDSL Collecta distributor could show you what you told me that the boxes with mini dinosaurs of that mark would be available later this year.

They have changed my mind I wonder yet despite our economic crisis. But the fact is that truth is something else commented. Moreover online stores like Alcaicería Granada, tododinosaurios.com of Barcelona announced the news or some that are yet to come. So I wonder.

Can they reach the Museum Shop of Natural Sciences in Madrid in mid-August, as has happened so many times. In the worst cases you can get online stores as everythingdinosaur.com whose owner Mike is a very attentive and very kind person. Anyway I am surprised this change of attitude I repeat.

alexeratops

Sorry if this has been answered before, but is there a release date for the 3 Spinosaurus es? They are probably gonna be one of my favorite dinosaurs! ;)
like a bantha!

stargatedalek

Quote from: Meso-Cenozoic on July 04, 2015, 05:55:15 AM
Quote from: stargatedalek on July 04, 2015, 05:46:09 AM
It was about 30 dollars to ship, this was for the guidraco along with last years mosasaur and therizinosaurus, and CollectAs quetzalcaotlus.

Probably even higher because of the size of their Guidraco! Heck, I'm even dreading what it will cost within the States! LOL! Thanks for the info!
That therizinosaurus is hardly small either, to be honest I was pleasantly surprised with the shipping cost.

Bokisaurus

Hello,
Shipping for me for all the figures I got was not bad at all, came out to about $16 dollars, with the entire order ( I have one other figure, a Jacob sheep) total to $$57 USD. really about the same or even cheaper than the USA. I did not get get the Guidraco due to it's size, I'm sure that would add up the cost.
Anyway, I know people love comparison shots, so here are some ;D

Daedodon with Mojo figure - For me, the CollectA is far superior/sophisticated  sculpt than the Mojo, which I also love. It is a lot more polished and detailed than the Mojo, which to me looks unfinished. It is also more imposing. However, I have plans to convert one Mojo figure into a female and have a pair ^-^ Just need to do some cutting ;) and repainting.
[

With the DinoRider figure - they are about t he same size.
[

And with the AAA and AAA knock-off figures
[

The group of handsome beast ;D
[

Moropus - I only have this small version ;D looks like a baby! You already saw the comparison with Bullyland.
[

Safari and Bullyland ichtyosaurs - it's much slender and slightly smaller than both.
[

Cheers!

Meso-Cenozoic

Great comparison shots, Boki! Thanks!! I was especially interested in how the Daeodon looked with Mojo's Entelodont. You're right. CollectA's is much more detailed, at least in comparison to the Mojo figure in this pic. My Entelodont seems to have much better hair texture detailing than the one here. And the head and face of mine also seems to be less crude. Yours definitely looks more unfinished. I'll be curious to see how your Mojo tuns out after your tweaking. :)

terrorchicken

the more I look at these daedon figures the more I realize its really a pig with a giant wolf head. Such a weird animal.  :o

Everything_Dinosaur

Everything Dinosaur have set up a competition on their Facebook page to win a 1:4 scale CollectA Guidraco replica.  Simply, visit Everything Dinosaur on Facebook, like the Facebook page, share and comment under the picture of the Guidraco figure providing a name for this flying reptile.  Contest runs until July 31st and good luck!

Visit Everything Dinosaur on Facebook: Everything Dinosaur on Facebook

For further details and full competition rules: Guidraco Blog Post]

This competition is now closed.  Better luck next time.

Bokisaurus

Quote from: Meso-Cenozoic on July 08, 2015, 09:35:32 PM
Great comparison shots, Boki! Thanks!! I was especially interested in how the Daeodon looked with Mojo's Entelodont. You're right. CollectA's is much more detailed, at least in comparison to the Mojo figure in this pic. My Entelodont seems to have much better hair texture detailing than the one here. And the head and face of mine also seems to be less crude. Yours definitely looks more unfinished. I'll be curious to see how your Mojo tuns out after your tweaking. :)

Well, here is the conversion of the mojo figure into a female daedon ;D
[
[
[]

Meso-Cenozoic

^^ Nice Boki! Looks like besides a new paint job, you bulked it up a bit. They look good together. :)

Bokisaurus

Quote from: Meso-Cenozoic on July 15, 2015, 12:47:31 AM
^^ Nice Boki! Looks like besides a new paint job, you bulked it up a bit. They look good together. :)
Thanks. I think with the multiple dry brush, the details of the fur is more obvious so now the figure looks more bulky, I did not do anything to bulk it up. :)

Meso-Cenozoic

Quote from: Bokisaurus on July 15, 2015, 02:53:41 AM
Quote from: Meso-Cenozoic on July 15, 2015, 12:47:31 AM
Thanks. I think with the multiple dry brush, the details of the fur is more obvious so now the figure looks more bulky, I did not do anything to bulk it up. :)

Wow, I'm impressed! Your dry brushing technique created a great illusion!

Arul

Just realised, collecta new 2015 acro looks like made with the same mold from charcarodontosaurus  :o

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: ARUL on July 17, 2015, 10:20:48 AM
Just realised, collecta new 2015 acro looks like made with the same mold from charcarodontosaurus  :o

Sorry, sorry..carry on.

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on July 17, 2015, 06:55:47 PM

Sorry, sorry..carry on.
Lol, more like...

;D

Shonisaurus

As I mentioned a while the Acrocanthosaurus is the weakest figure of Collecta mark in relation to 2015 prehistoric animals.

Dobber

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on July 17, 2015, 06:55:47 PM

Sorry, sorry..carry on.

Lol!

No offense intended to our friend ARUL, it's just that this has been mentioned/pointed out/discussed several times already ever since the figure was first revealed.  ;)

Chris
My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

Gwangi

terrorchicken

oh so Im not the only one who's noticed the acrocantho looks like charcaro. I hope Collecta isnt starting to develop Carnegie style same-iness for their theropods...

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: