News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

M

Sideshow- new for 2015

Started by Manatee, October 20, 2014, 09:23:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

loru1588

Just got the Camarasaurus / Allosaurus statue. Have to wait for my son to bring the box upstairs before I can see it!! LOL!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Man I bet that's HARD! Having something so close you can taste it but not being to get it..whew..I might try dragging it upstairs with my teeth..lol but I'm..impatient somewhat..  ;D

ginkoh

Hi, I'm new here, nice to meet you all. Just received to big box yesterday. Sideshow Spinosaurus Statue no 0537, i think the painting is good, the best of three now. IMO I think Spino and Styraco repaint theme is better than first one but Carnotaurus is really bad. Lovely to see Camarasaur VS Allosaur soon :)

Blade-of-the-Moon

The Spinosaurus looks good, they seem to have skipped a couple of the warmer colors on the base coat before detailing but overall nicely done.  The Styracosaurus seemed about on par as well.

Paleogene Pals

ginkoh, congrats on your Spino! I'm glad to see that the paint looks really good! Blade, I posted pics of mine in my collections thread. Now for the SS Apato!

Rathalosaurus

He looks so fantastic!!
I wanted to order some of them until I... sorry...until my MUM saw the prices. >:D ;D
Dude, I very like Dinos and I cannot understand those who don't.

Zelan

I got my spinosaurus a few weeks earlier. I'm pretty happy with it but the paint job on mine does look a little washed out. The head in particular looks very pale.

I'm glad they reissued the spinosaurus, I missed the original one and I much prefer this new colour scheme.

reinier zwanink

Congrats on your purchase and welcome to the SS club ;)

I got myself a parasaurolophus herd and the apato (my favorite)

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: reinier zwanink on February 23, 2015, 09:13:39 PM
Congrats on your purchase and welcome to the SS club ;)

I got myself a parasaurolophus herd and the apato (my favorite)

The Para herd was sold by Sideshow but it's not officially part of their own line...I think it was by Styles in..something?

The Apato is an excellent piece..everyone should have one..thanks to Papo just about everyone will..lol

Paleogene Pals

SS Club?  I thought it was the Sideshow Army. Kinda like the KISS Army but for Sideshow Collectibles.

reinier zwanink

Your right blade
It reads hollywood  . . something. On the bottom
(Cant check right now)
it was indeed sold by sideshow then
When i discovered this i at first feared i had a bad rip off

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: reinier zwanink on February 24, 2015, 05:59:10 AM
Your right blade
It reads hollywood  . . something. On the bottom
(Cant check right now)
it was indeed sold by sideshow then
When i discovered this i at first feared i had a bad rip off

I think it was Styles on Video? I haven't seen any other dinos by them either.  Not a ripoff as Sideshow has yet to make any hadrosaurs that aren't being devoured by something at any rate. ;)

reinier zwanink

Ill post the underside this afternoon for i am sure its hollywood

Blade-of-the-Moon

reinier zwanink

Blade-of-the-Moon

I have to say that's confusing.. I did find the artist's page I think but I can't read it : http://nbagi.blog94.fc2.com/blog-entry-141.html

Not the only dinosaurs Taku Makino has made either : http://nbagi.blog94.fc2.com/blog-category-8.html

In fact it looks like he made this piece before then re-worked it.  I actually like the original a bit better for the head sculpts..never liked the cheekless look :

This one seems to be 1:48 and the new one is 1:20

Ah and Hollywood Collector's Gallery is like Sideshow in Japan I guess : http://www.hollywood-japan.jp/index.html

So your piece is official bud.

reinier zwanink

My piece looks like the 1/48 but it is a 1/20 for sure
Hope you didnt put to much work in this research
Mostly we cant read it at all
But its a good piece and thats important

Blade-of-the-Moon

Not too much. I can't read it either..lol

1:20 was what was made for production it seems. Shame they went with cheekless hadrosaurs in the final product....you don't see that on hadrosaurs very often at all. Odd they chose to go that route.

Dobber

My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

joossa

Someone post pictures of the Carnotaurus if you have it already. I want to see!
-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: