News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

M

Sideshow- new for 2015

Started by Manatee, October 20, 2014, 09:23:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paleogene Pals

I thought the same thing about that little white spot, interesting. My place is cat- and kid-free so the Apato gets to roam freely without fear of damage. All she has to contend with are houseplants and other dinos.

Dobber

What type of Apatosaurus is this supposed to be anyway...particularly now that Brontosaurus is back?

Chris
My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

Takama

Quote from: Dobber on April 09, 2015, 02:13:03 PM
What type of Apatosaurus is this supposed to be anyway...particularly now that Brontosaurus is back?

Chris

Its A. louisae   

Dobber

Dobber

Posted this in the other sideshow thread too, but apparently someone has received their King T-rex already and posted a couple pictures on the sideshow Freaks forum. Here are his pictures. Wish I could get it so soon but the still haven't taken my last payment yet.  >:(

I think it looks pretty good overall but the close-up of the head makes it look a little sloppy and the left pupil looks off to me.

Chris

Arul

Yutyrannus

Now if only Papo would release an affordable, accurate Tyrannosaurus model based on this one sometime soon ;).

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

Dobber

I'm getting this statue and I agree with that statement.  ;)

Chris

Blade-of-the-Moon

It almost looks like CollectA copied and feathered it..if that helps.

Dan

Yes, though to be clear, the slight similarity is coincidental. Mr. Beeson from CollectA confirmed the new 1:40 model is based on this mount, which he saw during a recent visit to the Hong Kong Science Museum.

Plenty of other goodies there as well, if anyone's interested:
http://hk.science.museum/ms/lgd/eexhibits.html

KeU

This Tyrannosaurus feels different from the other Sideshow releases, looks bland even. Is it a different sculptor? Or are they trying something new?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: KeU on April 14, 2015, 08:47:32 PM
This Tyrannosaurus feels different from the other Sideshow releases, looks bland even. Is it a different sculptor? Or are they trying something new?

It was sculpted by Jorge Blanco as is every piece since the Allo VS Camara I think is when he started.

I see lots of detail that Jorge adds..not as much as David normally but that's their individual style. Paint looks more or less like the prototype..maybe even an added color it looks like..more brown than plain grey.

I'm not sure where Jorge got his inspiration for his Rex here..might have seen a similar photo.  I do recall him saying it was designed to be placed with the Triceratops.

KeU

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 15, 2015, 01:54:33 AM

It was sculpted by Jorge Blanco as is every piece since the Allo VS Camara I think is when he started.

I see lots of detail that Jorge adds..not as much as David normally but that's their individual style. Paint looks more or less like the prototype..maybe even an added color it looks like..more brown than plain grey.

I'm not sure where Jorge got his inspiration for his Rex here..might have seen a similar photo.  I do recall him saying it was designed to be placed with the Triceratops.

Ah... so the old Tyrannosaurus was done by Krentz? That's why the style is so different. Both are good though, not that I can afford either.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: KeU on April 15, 2015, 01:05:05 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 15, 2015, 01:54:33 AM

Ah... so the old Tyrannosaurus was done by Krentz? That's why the style is so different. Both are good though, not that I can afford either.

There have actually been three T-Rex in the line so far, the sub-adult from the the REX VS Trike Dio , the old male veteran that Krentz did and now Jorge's full adult/prime condition,  female/SUE ( I think?) .

Dobber

The original Krentz old vet Tyrannosaurs is a beauty and I would love to have one but sadly they are VERY hard to find....at reasonable prices that is.  :-[

Chris

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Dobber on April 15, 2015, 05:22:12 PM
The original Krentz old vet Tyrannosaurs is a beauty and I would love to have one but sadly they are VERY hard to find....at reasonable prices that is.  :-[

Chris

True. Seems Krentz pieces disappear pretty quickly. I always wanted his Rex Mundi kit but haven't seen one in a long while.  He talked about re-doing it at some point awhile back..wish he would.

Dobber

I'm guessing SS decided not to rerelease the "Old Vet" because of this release? It seems most of the older prices had at least 2 releases.

Chris

Pachyrhinosaurus

Stegosaurus 0006/1000 just arrived...

[Image Removed]

More pictures to come once its up!
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Dobber on April 15, 2015, 09:32:20 PM
I'm guessing SS decided not to rerelease the "Old Vet" because of this release? It seems most of the older prices had at least 2 releases.

Chris

That's a good assumption. But yeah all the first pieces were already released twice. Once in color another in faux bronze.

Arul

Wahh go open it Pachyrhinosaurus  :D

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: