News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

spinosaurus1 artwork

Started by spinosaurus1, November 04, 2014, 03:44:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mamasaurus

This looks great! I just went through the whole thread, and you've really improved. Your drawings were great to begin with, but now they really shine. :)

I especially like the paper sculptures :)

Images copyrite to Mamasaurus

Enzo_man

Wow!  Looking great!  You make me want to get back into drawing dinosaurs.  Last I did was before the current "revolution" when they were scaly or just some feathers.  Lately I mostly draw machines and clothing, but dang do i want to draw a dino now!
Who cares how old you are, loving Dinosaurs never gets old!

spinosaurus1

a sketch of a Saurornitholestes sullivani attacking a young parasaurolophus

spinosaurus1

Halichoeres

Very nice! I especially appreciate the nonstandard angles.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

spinosaurus1

some more sketches i done. i need to completely restock in quality color pencils cause i officially have NOTHING to use to make legit drawings. these sketches will have to do though in the meantime.

ceratosaurus

tyrannosaurus

wiehenvenator

Rathalosaurus

You have talent, sir! This is wonderful!! :o
Dude, I very like Dinos and I cannot understand those who don't.

spinosaurus1

Achillobator giganticus WIP. can't create and colored images due to the fact that i need to restock on good quality color pencils :'(

spinosaurus1

spinosaurus1

a surprised Zuolong salleei in a desperate effort attempts to tun sharply into the foilage to shake off his deadly shadow. but it was in vain as a large Sinraptor dongi was hot on the animals heals. the turn caused the large theropod to overshoot, but without missing a single step, the sinraptor manages to kick the Zuolong into the air, eyes never leaving the target...

a sketch that i ended up liking. i'm planning on doing a series of sketches just to contribute to dinovember

spinosaurus1

first time drawing on my tablet and first time using krita :) just making doodles and getting use to drawing this way

a large suchomimus flares his arms and bellows in order to ward off rival males

tyrantqueen

Wow, Krita, that brings back memories for me >:D Great stuff by the way.

spinosaurus1

thank you tyrantqueen. really enjoying the program thus far

ornithurine bird sketch

Mamasaurus

Oh my, I am always in awe of the unusual angles and the sense of mass and weight your illustrations have. Beautiful work :)

Images copyrite to Mamasaurus

spinosaurus1

a made up speculative tyrannisaur i'm working on for a group project called fallow earth. still trying to learn how to use krita

[True Macrotyrants are Fallow Earth's largest predators, the biggest species (Macrotyrannus imperator) can grow up to 14m long, 4,6m tall and weighs about 11,000-13,000kg on average. Although they are more intelligent than their ancestors they don't compare to Glaciatyrannines, being about as smart as a chicken.

But that is not all that makes them interesting, they are also the only known theropods to have used headbutting for hunting, and their brow- and nasal crests have adapted to deal with it. The crests have become much more robust and have a flat surface on top for which to hit their prefered prey, American Indricotheres, the tyrants use the headbutting to knock over the creatures and make killing them easier.

Jose S.M.

Nice, I like the headbutting hunting strategy.

spinosaurus1

thank you joe. the concept actually wasn't created by me, but hes given me permission to make a illustration of it. i love the design of this massive animal

more progress on the big guy

spinosaurus1

more progress and some fun messing around with the fill tool

spinosaurus1

messing with that fill tool is fun,lol

spinosaurus1

calling the shading done. now it's time to color :)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: