News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

spinosaurus1 artwork

Started by spinosaurus1, November 04, 2014, 03:44:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spinosaurus1

baryonyx sketches in various poses ( last one is inhaling a baby polacanthus)

Daspletosaurus torosus WIP

BlueKrono

Very thin snout = perfect.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Halichoeres

Very nice work, as always!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

spinosaurus1

thanks BlueKrono and Halichoeres

made a few more sketches

Protoceratops hellenikrhinus

Iguanodon bernissartensis

Teleocrater

more progress on the daspletosaurus

spinosaurus1

starting to color the big guy

Jose S.M.

It looks really great! And your latest sketches are great as usual. I love the Iguanodon ones, because I love Iguanodon in general.

ZoPteryx

Looking amazing in color, keep up the great work!

AcroSauroTaurus

Oh wow... thats amazing. And its not even finished yet?
I am the Dinosaur King!

spinosaurus1

thanks. this been a fun drawing, and getting me into creating colored illustrations again.it's nearing completion. all i need to do now is to finish the black background and color the feathers

Cloud the Dinosaur King

Quote from: spinosaurus1 on April 14, 2017, 05:37:40 PM
thanks. this been a fun drawing, and getting me into creating colored illustrations again.it's nearing completion. all i need to do now is to finish the black background and color the feathers

Wow! The detail of the scales and feathers is incredible! I love the fact that it has lips and that it is not shrink wrapped. It's probably the best Daspletosaurus artwork I have ever seen!

Ravonium

Quote from: spinosaurus1 on April 14, 2017, 05:37:40 PM

Probably one of the best feathered Daspletosaurus I've seen. I can now imagine Daspletosaurus looking like this.

Reptilia

Your Daspletosaurus is fantastic, incredible scale detail. It looks so real.

irimali

awesome job on the Daspletosaurus!  I like how you transition between areas of different skin texture/covering. 

spinosaurus1

thanks everyone for the kind remarks :).
i really tried to make the new interpretation on tyrannosaurid facial integument. though i'm not sold on the idea, i figured it would be fun o experiment and try to find a nice blend of both avian and crocodilian traits.

Zhuchengotyrant

Whoa, impressive! :o
That makes sense, blending the two qualities, because all things have common ancestor, and who's to say dinosaurs aren't technically a common ancestor between the two?
Awesome work!!! ;D
-Zhuchengotyrant

Flaffy

Nice work!  :o
What markers and pens do you use?

Halichoeres

In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

PumperKrickel

deleted

spinosaurus1

thank you everyone. means a lot

QuoteWhat markers and pens do you use?

i'm using prisma color pencils, a fine liner, a few copic markers and a couple bic markers for this drawing

might do some touch ups here and there, but  this drawing is pretty much done

Patrx

That is really beautiful! You've done a great job with all the textures, making the different structures flow together and look natural; it's a very believable portrait.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: