News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Triceratops83's Ornithischians- Rebirth from page 14

Started by triceratops83, December 13, 2014, 04:45:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Libraraptor

Very impressive! You also need Triceratops by Linde and Inpro. And Schleich did one very small, blue one for their "Minitiere" series. Wow, your collection inspired me to stroll through my shelves again, thanks!

triceratops83

Quote from: Libraraptor on March 18, 2015, 09:55:24 PM
Very impressive! You also need Triceratops by Linde and Inpro. And Schleich did one very small, blue one for their "Minitiere" series. Wow, your collection inspired me to stroll through my shelves again, thanks!

Thanks! I actually have the Linde Trike, got it last week. I'm just waiting for some more vintage figures to take a group shot.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

Libraraptor

That´s pretty cool, Linde Triceratops will feel good among all the others, I´m sure!

triceratops83

The new Mojo Triceratops. It's actually not bad in person. Wrong number of fingers and all that jazz, but nicely detailed. My only major gripe is with the fat caterpillar tail. Don't know why the new Mojo Dinosaurs are called XXL, they're about the same size as the old ones.

Mojo and Carnegie Parasaurolophus. Not much to say about the Mojo one, like everyone else says, it looks like a chinasaur, especially the old Dor Mei one. Not bad, but not much of an improvement over the old one - which was a copy of the Schleich para. I wasn't ever much interested in the Carnegie Para, photos of it always looked misshapen to me. However, it too, is nice in person. Thought I'd get it now that Carnegie is on the way out.

Kaiyodo Maiasaura baby. Cute.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

sauroid

too bad about Mojo's choice to make their Parasaurolophus in a classic chinasaur pose. the only brands that make baby dinosaurs look like believable baby dinosaurs are the Japanese, western brands can't seem to avoid making them look cute-disneyish, i guess to make them appeal more to buyers.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

triceratops83

Quote from: sauroid on March 23, 2015, 05:12:06 AM
too bad about Mojo's choice to make their Parasaurolophus in a classic chinasaur pose.
Yeah, you'd think the quadruped pose would be standard for Hadrosaurs by now. Heck, they got it right the first time around. At least the Carnegie version kinda looks like it is rearing up, but the new Mojo one is clearly an old school tripod. I wonder now, since they have replacements for all of their dinosaurs, if Mojo is going to retire their previous range?

By the way, the Mojo figures are made of a good hard plastic, not rubbery.

Tyto_Theropod

I sort of agree and sort of disagree. Although it's pretty much accepted now that Hadrosaurs and similar Ornithopods were quadrupedal by default, it's still believed that they were bipedal at times, for example rearing up or running. I think it's fine to have a bipedal Hadrosaur figure as long as it's clearly in this kind of pose and not a derpy looking tripod like so many of our plastic friends. :(
UPDATE - Where've I been, my other hobbies, and how to navigate my Flickr:
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9277.msg280559#msg280559
______________________________________________________________________________________
Flickr for crafts and models: https://www.flickr.com/photos/162561992@N05/
Flickr for wildlife photos: Link to be added
Twitter: @MaudScientist

triceratops83

Quote from: Tyto_Theropod on March 24, 2015, 12:47:54 AM
I sort of agree and sort of disagree. Although it's pretty much accepted now that Hadrosaurs and similar Ornithopods were quadrupedal by default, it's still believed that they were bipedal at times, for example rearing up or running. I think it's fine to have a bipedal Hadrosaur figure as long as it's clearly in this kind of pose and not a derpy looking tripod like so many of our plastic friends. :(

I agree, rearing Hadrosaurs are fine, it just looks to me that the Mojo one is in the classic tripod pose, as opposed to the Carnegie Para, who looks like it is about to drop back to all fours. The Mojo Para looks indistinguishable from cheap dinosaurs I can get in a discount store. Don't get me wrong, it has its' charm, but it's definitely old school. I'd like a figure of a Hadrosaur in full sprint, running on two legs with the arms tucked to the side. Or one crouching down to drink. Or one lying on its' side resting. Let's just say I'd like more Hadrosaur figures :))

Tyto_Theropod

Indeed - you should check out Andrew Sides' Shapeways - he's made a whole herd of beautiful Parasaurolophus in many different poses: http://www.shapeways.com/designer/gorgonzola?li=pb. The only reason I haven't got any Shapeways models yet is that I believe they're quite fragile, and most of the things I do with my dinosaurs (i.e. shoving them in my pocket so I can take them to a location for a photoshoot, and *whisper it* playing with them...) require them to be fairly durable. But honestly, despite Parasaurolophus being one of my all-time favourite dinosaurs I would like to see companies do something more original - we don't even see that may Lambeosaurus lambei, Edmontosaurus or Corythosaurus, and those are just the more popular ones. There were just so many Hadrosaurs! It would be nice to see some more Gryposaurus, Olorotitan, Brachylophosaurus, Lambeosaurus magnicristatus, Velafrons, Hypacrosaurus, Tsintaosaurus, Amurosaurus, Prosaurolophus, Shantungosaurus, Kritosaurus, Probactrosaurus, Bactrosaurus, Secernosaurus, Saurolophus... the list goes on!
______________________________________________________________________________________

triceratops83

Quote from: Tyto_Theropod on March 24, 2015, 09:56:34 AM
It would be nice to see some more Gryposaurus, Olorotitan, Brachylophosaurus, Lambeosaurus magnicristatus, Velafrons, Hypacrosaurus, Tsintaosaurus, Amurosaurus, Prosaurolophus, Shantungosaurus, Kritosaurus, Probactrosaurus, Bactrosaurus, Secernosaurus, Saurolophus... the list goes on!

Heh, heh. I couldn't have said it better! I'd love to be able to get my hands on the Favorite Saurolophus - one of the all time best hadrosaur figures, but it seems to be gone from the face of the earth. I also regret not getting the Invicta Lambeosaurus when I had the chance.

Raptoress

I like the Dinosaur Train Triceratops that's in your collection, lol. I love that show. Awesome collection. Ceratopsians are my absolute favourite dinosaurs.

triceratops83

Quote from: Raptoress on March 24, 2015, 01:58:12 PM
I like the Dinosaur Train Triceratops that's in your collection, lol. I love that show.

If I didn't have those Dinosaur Train figures my four year old Niece would probably protest. I love that show, too - it really gets the kids involved. I love seeing other adults faces when Kitty starts talking about Lambeosaurus and Pteranodon. Must have been what it was like with me at that age! I've said it before, but an interest in Dinosaurs opens up a world of knowledge for children because they can branch out into topics like Zoology, Geology, Botany and just about anything else. And to think of all those dull people who consider an interest in palaeontology "childish".

Tyto_Theropod

Quote from: triceratops83 on March 24, 2015, 11:34:29 PM
Quote from: Raptoress on March 24, 2015, 01:58:12 PM
I like the Dinosaur Train Triceratops that's in your collection, lol. I love that show.

If I didn't have those Dinosaur Train figures my four year old Niece would probably protest. I love that show, too - it really gets the kids involved. I love seeing other adults faces when Kitty starts talking about Lambeosaurus and Pteranodon. Must have been what it was like with me at that age! I've said it before, but an interest in Dinosaurs opens up a world of knowledge for children because they can branch out into topics like Zoology, Geology, Botany and just about anything else. And to think of all those dull people who consider an interest in palaeontology "childish".

Totally agree. I was mad about dinosaurs as a kid and now I'm studying for a degree in Animal Biology - although in the end my main ambition is a job with animals. That was more down to the extant ones that have always been in my life ;)

triceratops83

Quote from: Tyto_Theropod on March 26, 2015, 02:00:42 PM

Totally agree. I was mad about dinosaurs as a kid and now I'm studying for a degree in Animal Biology - although in the end my main ambition is a job with animals. That was more down to the extant ones that have always been in my life ;)

Congratulations! Have you got a specific idea of what field you wish to work in?

Tyto_Theropod

Quote from: triceratops83 on March 28, 2015, 08:31:22 AM
Quote from: Tyto_Theropod on March 26, 2015, 02:00:42 PM

Congratulations! Have you got a specific idea of what field you wish to work in?

Several, it seems, given that the highest ones on my list are vet nurse, zookeeper and assistance dog trainer... ;)

triceratops83

Quote from: Tyto_Theropod on March 28, 2015, 11:31:11 PM
Several, it seems, given that the highest ones on my list are vet nurse, zookeeper and assistance dog trainer... ;)

Some good choices there - zookeeper sounds like the most fun. Good luck to you!

Here is the Marx Trachodon and Hadrosaurus.

tyrantqueen

I like the old Marxes. I'm getting the Iguanodon and the Parasaurolophus, the latter of which I'm going to use as lunch for my new Tyrannosaurus >:D

triceratops83

Quote from: tyrantqueen on March 29, 2015, 12:11:12 PM
I like the old Marxes. I'm getting the Iguanodon and the Parasaurolophus, the latter of which I'm going to use as lunch for my new Tyrannosaurus >:D

Awww, poor thing. Marx is, in my opinion, one of the most important dino toy lines, and the best of the early brands. Good luck getting the Iguanodon, it's a great little figure. I've seen quite a few on Ebay recently.

triceratops83

Finally got around to putting up some shelves for my Ornithopods. When I'm feeling less lazy again I'll probably paint them the same colour as the walls. It's a little disconcerting they filled up so quickly, I thought I would have had plenty of space. Oh, well. Might just have to get more shelves.

Arul

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: