News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Triceratops83's Ornithischians- Rebirth from page 14

Started by triceratops83, December 13, 2014, 04:45:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sauroid

"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

triceratops83

Thanks Arul and Sauroid! It's just sheets of pine and brackets - I had intended on using a floating shelf kit but the style didn't suit me, and this worked out cheaper. I'm worried that they will quickly be overcrowded, though.

On the subject of dino-storage, I'd forgotten to show this pic - solving the overcrowded Marginocephalian dilemma. As you can see, Basal Ceratopsians, Pachycephalosaurs and Chasmosaurines all have plenty of room, but Centrosaurines may pose a space problem in the not too distant future.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

triceratops83

The Shapeways mb-cg Centrosaurus brinkmanni.

Thanks to Blade of the Moon for the idea, I picked up the 1996 Palaeontologist Barbie NIP for my Niece, will probably hide it until Xmas.

Some people give me weird looks when I buy dinosaur related toys for my little nieces, so this is something of a godsend. I HATE dinosaurs being treated as gender specific - they're ANIMALS for crying out loud. I've been over this in a number of other threads but an interest in dinosaurs opens up an interest in the natural world, and I think is a healthy hobby for all kids to enjoy. I've never understood the prejudice against having an interest in the Prehistoric World, I guess a lot of people just don't have the imagination to deal with extinct life. Anyhoo, kudos to Barbie for a good idea.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

Tyto_Theropod

QuoteSome people give me weird looks when I buy dinosaur related toys for my little nieces, so this is something of a godsend. I HATE dinosaurs being treated as gender specific - they're ANIMALS for crying out loud. I've been over this in a number of other threads but an interest in dinosaurs opens up an interest in the natural world, and I think is a healthy hobby for all kids to enjoy. I've never understood the prejudice against having an interest in the Prehistoric World, I guess a lot of people just don't have the imagination to deal with extinct life. Anyhoo, kudos to Barbie for a good idea.

Amen to that!
UPDATE - Where've I been, my other hobbies, and how to navigate my Flickr:
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9277.msg280559#msg280559
______________________________________________________________________________________
Flickr for crafts and models: https://www.flickr.com/photos/162561992@N05/
Flickr for wildlife photos: Link to be added
Twitter: @MaudScientist

sauroid

love that Shapeways mb-cg Centrosaurus. how big is it?
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Nice score!

There is apparently a newer Paleo-Barbie from 2011 that has more fossils : http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00GM7AJXI?tag=bestshampo6712-20

There was another doll figure coming out this year too that was similar but  I can't recall the name.

I have as many girls visit the Park here as boys at the age we usually get they think they are just as cool as the guys. It's a shame most lose it because it's not a "girl" thing.   And most kids are pushed out of it at a certain age because dinosaurs are a "kid" thing. Oh I recall the teasing I received...all through elementary school.

triceratops83

Quote from: sauroid on April 19, 2015, 02:56:54 PM
love that Shapeways mb-cg Centrosaurus. how big is it?
Pretty small, but still looks right with the other figures. Here it is with its' chasmosaurus partner and the safari vagaceratops.

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 19, 2015, 03:58:52 PM
Oh I recall the teasing I received...all through elementary school.

Same here. I grew up in a rural area and was the only kid to be into dinosaurs and Star Wars. It's funny, even as a kid you're not allowed to be into "kid" things.

Here's the Linde Triceratops and another Marx one. This new Marx trike differs from my old red one in that the horns are more solid and it is stamped Triceratops on the tail. So maybe my old one was MPC?

Tamiya Chasmosaurus.

Jorge Blanco Kritosaurus. I'm still not finished painting this and I need more Matte finish spray. I usually blend colours, because I'm not good at contrast or patterns. This is a truly lovely sculpt.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Always meant to find that Kritosaurus..maybe Jorge will get an updated version through Sideshow..th eline is long overdue for some species other than theropods.

triceratops83

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 20, 2015, 05:16:53 AM
Always meant to find that Kritosaurus..maybe Jorge will get an updated version through Sideshow..th eline is long overdue for some species other than theropods.

I got it from Dan's Dinosaurs. A Sideshow version would rock, too.

Tyto_Theropod

Out of curiosity, what material are your Shapeways dinosaurs in?
______________________________________________________________________________________

triceratops83

Quote from: Tyto_Theropod on May 03, 2015, 12:20:35 PM
Out of curiosity, what material are your Shapeways dinosaurs in?

The recent ones (Chasmosaurus, Centrosaurus) are in Frosted Ultra Detail, but I usually get White Strong Flexible.

Tyto_Theropod

triceratops83

Finally managed to get a hold of the Bandai Trike with the baby.

Starlux Triceratops. It's bigger than I expected.

The cute Schleich Classics Trike. I like saying "Schleich Trike"

The lovely Safari Dracorex. I don't know why I hadn't picked this up sooner.

I also picked up Jurassic Fight Club. Ugh. What a silly "documentary". I just keep buying History Channel dvds hoping they'll finally release MonsterQuest season 4. And on that subject I'm still hoping for the other seasons of Destination Truth - Scyfy only released the first one on dvd.

Blade-of-the-Moon

That Schleich Trike has some nice charm to it...cute too! lol

The Dracorex is awesome! I had originally intended to make one  for the Park here but it somehow turned into a Stygimoloch. Now I have a Pachycephalosaurus...

triceratops83

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on June 03, 2015, 05:12:47 PM
The Dracorex is awesome! I had originally intended to make one  for the Park here but it somehow turned into a Stygimoloch. Now I have a Pachycephalosaurus...

Heh, you could still do a Dracorex, put it with the others and have a family of different age groups...

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: triceratops83 on June 03, 2015, 05:56:48 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on June 03, 2015, 05:12:47 PM

Heh, you could still do a Dracorex, put it with the others and have a family of different age groups...

lol exactly! I was kinda aiming that joke a bit high but figured I'd give it a go. lol

I'm still on the fence a bit with them being diff/same species, but if it works for any group it's likely these guys.  I've actually done the Pachy in a similar color scheme to the Stygi already, so it should work even if it turns out they aren't the same species but just related.

Tyto_Theropod

Quote from: triceratops83 on June 03, 2015, 03:13:12 PM
I also picked up Jurassic Fight Club. Ugh. What a silly "documentary". I just keep buying History Channel dvds hoping they'll finally release MonsterQuest season 4. And on that subject I'm still hoping for the other seasons of Destination Truth - Scyfy only released the first one on dvd.

Indeed - so over-dramatic! I've actually been thinking for some time of doing a parody of some kind...

Also, the Schleich Trike is too cute!  ^-^

laticauda

Thanks to Blade of the Moon for the idea, I picked up the 1996 Palaeontologist Barbie NIP for my Niece, will probably hide it until Xmas.

Some people give me weird looks when I buy dinosaur related toys for my little nieces, so this is something of a godsend. I HATE dinosaurs being treated as gender specific - they're ANIMALS for crying out loud. I've been over this in a number of other threads but an interest in dinosaurs opens up an interest in the natural world, and I think is a healthy hobby for all kids to enjoy. I've never understood the prejudice against having an interest in the Prehistoric World, I guess a lot of people just don't have the imagination to deal with extinct life. Anyhoo, kudos to Barbie for a good idea.
[/quote]

I hate to say it, but I think I have to find that Barbie for my daughter.  She loves dinosaurs "Yes", and "sigh", barbies and princesses.

triceratops83

I was REALLY lucky to get that Barbie for about $30-40, I forget exactly, but I've seen them for MUCH more than that. Be sure to shop around,

Quote from: Tyto_Theropod on June 04, 2015, 02:30:54 PM
Indeed - so over-dramatic! I've actually been thinking for some time of doing a parody of some kind...

Drama can kill a documentary. I like your idea of a parody - actually, it's almost a parody in and of itself!

Tyto_Theropod

Yup.

YOU ARE ABOUT TO WITNESS AN EPIC PREHISTORIC PARODY. VIEWER DISCRETION IS ADVISED.  ;D

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: