News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Triceratops83's Ornithischians- Rebirth from page 14

Started by triceratops83, December 13, 2014, 04:45:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

triceratops83

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on August 09, 2015, 05:54:41 AM
It seems to be a part most often left to artistic interpretation..can't figure why.

Maybe part of it comes back to the design of the Trike in Jurassic Park - it has two epijugal horns. Still, it's a fairly prominent part of Triceratops' appearance - you'd think it'd be designed correctly more often. Don't know why Schleich went with THREE though. Trying to outdo themselves I guess.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: triceratops83 on August 09, 2015, 06:10:04 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on August 09, 2015, 05:54:41 AM
It seems to be a part most often left to artistic interpretation..can't figure why.

Maybe part of it comes back to the design of the Trike in Jurassic Park - it has two epijugal horns. Still, it's a fairly prominent part of Triceratops' appearance - you'd think it'd be designed correctly more often. Don't know why Schleich went with THREE though. Trying to outdo themselves I guess.

I've stopped trying to figure out why Schleich does what it does..but I have a feeling it boils down to " We're SCHLEICH. We can do whatever we want. "  Sadly they are mostly right. heh

triceratops83

The new Kaiyodo Museum Q Trike from the Cretaceous series.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

LophoLeeVT

eh............................no quills??????
check out MY NEW YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!Blueproduction dino action!!! Dont forget to subscribe for more stuff!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLWQjvkq8qSyXALeEkHFeqw

CityRaptor

No quills....and also no drills!

But that is okay as quills are still very speculative for Triceratops at this point.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Patrx

I miss the quills myself, but in all other ways I prefer this version to the previous Capsule Q version. That's saying something, mind; both are brilliant.

CityRaptor, is that the Kyoryuger toy or the new Dino Charge version?

CityRaptor

It's a Kyoryuger Candy Toy. However it isn't mine.
Oh no

LophoLeeVT

pink doesnt fit with tirceratops
check out MY NEW YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!Blueproduction dino action!!! Dont forget to subscribe for more stuff!!!!

triceratops83

Just got my Sideshow Triceratops from Dan's. It's about the same size as Shane Foulkes' 1:15 Trike.

It comes with a couple rocks to put where the infant is in the exclusive edition.

joossa

Beautiful. Congrats on your new awesome addition!
-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

Viking Spawn

triceratops83

Quote from: joossa on September 04, 2015, 06:09:19 AM
Beautiful. Congrats on your new awesome addition!

Thanks!

Quote from: Viking Spawn on September 04, 2015, 06:33:07 AM
Wow!  That is fantastic!!!  8)

It looks great on the top of my Triceratops book case - very regal.

LophoLeeVT

triceratops83

The standard Collecta Spinosaurus to go with my collection of fossil spinosaur teeth.

The Collecta Mini Triceratops from the "A" tube.

And for fun, a group shot of the various companies' minis -
Papo, Collecta, Schleich, Safari, Mojo, Bullyland and Battat.

LophoLeeVT

eh coulod you get a better lokok at the third trike from the left? i kinda wanna see it in detail.

mest

Really nice collection. Where did you get that CollectA Spinosaurus? Onlineshops aren't selling CollectA's 2015 Spinosaur trio yet.

triceratops83

Quote from: mest on October 03, 2015, 05:35:08 PM
Where did you get that CollectA Spinosaurus? Onlineshops aren't selling CollectA's 2015 Spinosaur trio yet.

Minizoo.com.au has them all.

triceratops83

Sega Vignetteum Triceratops, a big Thank You to CityRaptor for finding this for me.

Rebor's Fallen Queen

I suppose I can finally post pics of the Shane Foulkes Hypacrosaurus now that the diorama contest is over. It's colours are mostly inspired by the cassowary.

Halichoeres

Those are beauties! Even if the Sega has no cheeks. The Hypacrosaurus in particular is gorgeous.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

CityRaptor

You are welcome! Glad that I could help. Nice to see that it arrived in good condition.
Oh no

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: