News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Triceratops83's Ornithischians- Rebirth from page 14

Started by triceratops83, December 13, 2014, 04:45:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

triceratops83

Quote from: Lusotitan on December 31, 2014, 12:44:18 AM
Do you have the old tiny safari Triceratops? From the six pack of Stegosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Brontosaurus, Triceratops, Brachiosaurus, and Parasaurolophus.

If you mean the Authentics series, no. But annoyingly enough, I had that entire set as a child. That's why I got the Safari Dinos Toob, just to get the little copy of that particular Trike.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

triceratops83

The new tiny Schleich Triceratops and Pentaceratops. They're, well... Schleich.

They're about the length of your thumb.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

Megalosaurus

The Penta is not that bad. The trice... Ugh.
Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

Arul

Wahh nice detail for a mini figure, better than papo mini figure triceratop

triceratops83

After those Schleichs :P, here's something really beautiful. The Safari Nasutoceratops. :)

Blade-of-the-Moon

Geemfive

Really nice figure.  :)
I guess I'll have to get one, too... .

Edit. I just realize that it is not available anywhere here in Germany.  :-[ what a shame. Even it was marked as released in December 2014 no shop is listing it yet... .

Jetoar

Wonderful ceratopsians acquisitions  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

triceratops83

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on January 08, 2015, 09:18:59 AM
Looks great!
I'm starting to appreciate that tree stump in the backyard, good spot for photos.

Quote from: Jetoar on January 09, 2015, 11:17:34 PM
Wonderful ceratopsians acquisitions  ^-^.
There's not much more to get Triceratops wise, so I'm starting to branch out a little. Hoping to build up the Hadrosaurs, too.

Just finished this Mcvey Trike tonight. Used the Red-bellied Black Snake for inspiration.

Arul

Blade-of-the-Moon

Cool color scheme..never considered red/black for a ceratopsian..been holding that one for a Ceratosaurus myself.

triceratops83

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on January 10, 2015, 06:34:11 PM
Cool color scheme..never considered red/black for a ceratopsian..been holding that one for a Ceratosaurus myself.
I'm really trying to keep each colour scheme as different from one another as possible, and using extant animals as a starting point is keeping it real for me. Might have to start looking at parrots for the next one. Oh, and a red and black ceratosaur would look terrifying!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: triceratops83 on January 11, 2015, 01:22:44 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on January 10, 2015, 06:34:11 PM
I'm really trying to keep each colour scheme as different from one another as possible, and using extant animals as a starting point is keeping it real for me. Might have to start looking at parrots for the next one. Oh, and a red and black ceratosaur would look terrifying!

I almost used it on our Carnotaurus..but then it's been done before.. lolo

triceratops83

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on January 11, 2015, 03:58:45 AM
You mean the JP one? I wouldn't worry about so old a figure. Will be a great look for Ceratosaurus nevertheless.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: triceratops83 on January 11, 2015, 06:27:48 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on January 11, 2015, 03:58:45 AM
You mean the JP one? I wouldn't worry about so old a figure. Will be a great look for Ceratosaurus nevertheless.

JP, Battat, and other fan art..I didn't have a really green dinosaur so I went with something similar base doff an Iguana. Yeah I think it will look pretty cool for a theropod. ;)

triceratops83

Favorite Styracosaurus & Parasaurolophus.

I got this off Ebay recently, it is labelled as "McGrady Triceratops" So I'm assuming Charles McGrady of CM studios. It looks about 1:40 scale.

Geene Models Triceratops family from Shapeways.

triceratops83

Battat Terra Pachyrhinosaurus. I grabbed the Dacentrurus when they were first available to give as a gift, but when you never see a lot of these toys in person, I find myself coming up with excuses for buying things I don't really have room for in my collection, just to be able to hold and inspect it.

Tamiya Parasaurolophus. I used a Springbok for reference. Except for the Battat, this might be the best Para out there.

CreateRandom

The Pachyrhinosaurus is detailed but it's colour is too bright with spots contrasting the skin's color. The Styracosaurus however have nice colours even though it's somewhat skinny. Can't say anything about the Tamiya Parasaurolophus. It just looks like an actual animal rather than a figure.

Gwangi

What a great reference for that Parasaurolophus. Very stunning and natural looking!

kreativtek

Gorgeous Parasaurolophus. I would never think of painting a dinosaur to look like a mammal, but apparently it is the best idea. Your Parasaurolophus looks very natural, like an actual animal. Amazing job!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: