You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Triceratops83's Ornithischians- Rebirth from page 14

Started by triceratops83, December 13, 2014, 04:45:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sauroid

"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

triceratops83

Quote from: sauroid on April 22, 2016, 07:50:33 AM
very cool haul!

Thanks, Sauroid! A couple of those I've been after for while and I'm glad to finally have them.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

Arul

Very nice :) kaiyodo capsule Q trike have quills ? Oh i just realised that  :o

triceratops83

Quote from: Arul on April 22, 2016, 05:18:53 PM
Very nice :) kaiyodo capsule Q trike have quills ? Oh i just realised that  :o

The newer Triceratops from the Kaiyodo Cretaceous set doesn't have quills, this is the older one from the ceratopsian set.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

triceratops83

Here's the latest batch from the last few months.
The new Kaiyodo Trike. If it wasn't for the lack of cheeks this would be perfect.

The Recur Trike. I wasn't looking forward to this but it's not too bad in person.

Minis from PNSO, Collecta and the Safari Baby Dinos Toob

The Imperial electronic Triceratops. Got this one brand new in package. Brings back memories - I had this one when I was a kid.

Some cheapies I repainted. I haven't had to paint anything in a while, so I had only about six colours to choose from.

Favorite Pentaceratops

Favorite Sinoceratops

Favorite Yinlong

I also got in the mail today Gregory S Paul's Princeton Field Guide to Dinosaurs 2nd edition.

Jose S.M.

Very good figures! I really like the Favorites, too bad when they came around I was low on cash. The baby Triceratops from PNSO is so cute!

triceratops83

Quote from: Joe289 on November 10, 2016, 01:41:53 PM
The baby Triceratops from PNSO is so cute!

I ordered the new PNSO Triceratops last night - should go well with the "hatchling".

sauroid

cool new 'topsians. are you excited for the PNSO big Trike? nice to see you posting again.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

triceratops83

Quote from: sauroid on November 10, 2016, 03:04:19 PM
cool new 'topsians. are you excited for the PNSO big Trike? nice to see you posting again.

Thanks, Sauroid. I ordered the PNSO Triceratops as soon as I heard people on the forum saying it was available, without looking into it. At first I wondered why a 1:35 model cost so much, but reading the article it turns out that it will be big, possibly 1:15, which would be a good price for such a large model. The photos look incredible, it will be among the best Triceratops. I'll post pics when it arrives.

What's your choice for the quintessential Triceratops figure?

Archinto

I love the treatment you did to the Imperial triceratops. What kind of paint did you use? I havent had luck with anything but acrylics on rubber figures
I'm seeking Orsenigo and other interesting vintage dinosaurs. Contact me if you can help with my search!

sauroid

Quote from: triceratops83 on November 10, 2016, 03:27:19 PM
Quote from: sauroid on November 10, 2016, 03:04:19 PM

Thanks, Sauroid. I ordered the PNSO Triceratops as soon as I heard people on the forum saying it was available, without looking into it. At first I wondered why a 1:35 model cost so much, but reading the article it turns out that it will be big, possibly 1:15, which would be a good price for such a large model. The photos look incredible, it will be among the best Triceratops. I'll post pics when it arrives.

What's your choice for the quintessential Triceratops figure?
so far, the new PNSO Trike would be the best candidate

triceratops83

Quote from: Archinto on November 10, 2016, 07:54:34 PM
I love the treatment you did to the Imperial triceratops. What kind of paint did you use? I havent had luck with anything but acrylics on rubber figures

Thanks, and yeah, I always just use Tamiya acrylics that I get from the model shop.

Quote from: sauroid on November 10, 2016, 11:50:36 PM

Yeah, it's looking that way. I'd suggest we do a poll, but it would be a big one. I've got about a hundred and sixty contestants, and there's still plenty I don't have.

Halichoeres

Quote from: triceratops83 on November 11, 2016, 05:14:51 AM

Yeah, it's looking that way. I'd suggest we do a poll, but it would be a big one. I've got about a hundred and sixty contestants, and there's still plenty I don't have.

Wow, that's a lot of Trikes. The only one on my shelf is the Battat, but I really love the Kokoro also. Too bad it's nearly impossible to find. I think it's a great candidate for a poll, though, and who better to start it than you?
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

sauroid

Quote from: triceratops83 on November 11, 2016, 05:14:51 AM
Quote from: Archinto on November 10, 2016, 07:54:34 PM

Thanks, and yeah, I always just use Tamiya acrylics that I get from the model shop.

go for it. start a Trike poll.

triceratops83

Quote from: sauroid on November 11, 2016, 06:23:49 AM
go for it. start a Trike poll.
I don't know how to go about it. But I can certainly provide assistance to those who can by making a list - or just use my collection thread as a resource. I've got pretty much all the modern figures, I'm just lacking on vintage Triceratops, such as Miller and Sinclair.

Quote from: Halichoeres on November 11, 2016, 06:03:47 AM
Wow, that's a lot of Trikes. The only one on my shelf is the Battat, but I really love the Kokoro also. Too bad it's nearly impossible to find. I think it's a great candidate for a poll, though, and who better to start it than you?

I'd never heard of the Kokoro till recently when one popped up on Ebay, but they wouldn't ship overseas. Now it's going to bug me forever until I get one.

triceratops83

Wow, it's been like four years since I posted in this thread.

I gave up on collecting for a while - a combination of my car needing to be replaced and my work cutting back everyone's hours simply put an end to all that. When I was collecting Ceratopsians I was somewhat of a completist and knowing I'd be hard pressed to find the money to keep up my hobby led to me selling off the collection. It just wasn't a priority for a while. Then, last year some time boredom got the best of me and I started again with the aim of sticking to Ornithopods (mainly Hadrosaurs), because A) I like them, and B) collecting this group of Dinosaurs wouldn't require the time and money I'd needed to devote to Triceratops and its' ilk. There's only like a few Ornithopods released each year, unlike the dozens of Ceratopsians we get.

The Great Photobucket Purge destroyed this thread, so yeah, don't bother with anything before this post, and since I didn't replace it, I haven't participated in many discussions, but FINALLY I made the switch to Postimage and this is kind of a test run. I'll just a put up a couple of images to see how it turns out, then further on down the track I'll do individual shots or something.

This is the main collection. Before the pandemic struck I was about to buy a bigger bookshelf, but that'll have to wait. You can see how everything is crammed onto this little bookshelf. I'll take better photos next weekend maybe.

The Shane Foulkes Anatotitan. When this became available again I got one straight away - I'd always wanted this model. I didn't do a particularly good job of painting this, but am too lazy to fix it.

The Tamiya Parasaurolophus Male, Female and Juvenile.

And here a couple of deviations from the main collection.
A Maastrichtian scene (Will shortly be joined by the Safari Edmontosaurus) The Brachiosaurus is filling in for an Alamosaurus.

And my Skull Island Jungle Scene

Postimages is quite easy to use, a good replacement for Photobucket.

Shonisaurus

Nice collection of ornithopods is very complete I congratulate you on your collection the ones I like the most are the parasaurolophus Tamiya, female, male and juvenile that's what I would like the brands of toy dinosaurs to do in relation to dinosaurs dinosaur families and complete prehistoric animals like those shown by Tamiya. Thanks for sharing.

On the other hand you have a feathered tyrannosaurus rex and a Safari triceratops among other figures that are the best existing figures on the toy market, apart from Safari ankylosaurus and styracosaurus and Carnegie's brachiosaurus among other figures, all great.

Justin_

Who makes are the palms on the left of the Maastrichtian scene? In fact, can you list all the plants there plus the baobabs in Skull Island.
Are those palms growing by the road in the background of your outdoor photos?

ceratopsian

Good to see you back with a renewed interest.

Jose S.M.

I love ornithopods, the Anatotitan and Parasaurolophus models are beautiful!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: