News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Papo - New for 2015

Started by DinoLord, December 18, 2014, 09:37:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Centrosaur86

Rathalosaurus

Dude, I very like Dinos and I cannot understand those who don't.

reinier zwanink

I got mine today as well

stand nicely next to a sideshow model

dragon53

The Papo Apatosaurus' long, unsupported tail is going to droop in the Texas heat and humidity.
My Papo Spinosaurus and Running Tyrannosaurus both are propped up to keep them from tipping over when the weather gets hot and softens the plastic in their feet and toes.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Huh..compared to the Sideshow it looks like the back legs are a big short? Or overly bulked up maybe?

Shonisaurus

But it's too little Mike was right to call it young apatosaurus, it would be interesting future editasen a parent.

reinier zwanink

Looks like your right blade
If krentz and sideshow are right the back legs are longer
Papo has them at about the same lenght
But it might be a pose to

Meso-Cenozoic

Yeah, I also think Papo's back legs are a bit too short. By being shorter, it also doesn't make the start of the tail higher. They're also longer on the little model in front.

reinier zwanink -- Nice pic! BTW, what is the make of the smaller blue/green spiky Apato in front? He looks really nice!

Dobber

Great pictures! I was hoping to see a compairison to the SS.. Thanks for that.

Man, it seems like everyone has better Papo Allosaurs than me... :'(

Chris
My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

Blade-of-the-Moon

It could be the mass or thickness of the  back leg below the knee making it seem shorter.  But the pubic area behind the thigh seems to reach down to the back of the knee..so there is some anatomy issue there..but then again it is Papo so it's not really a complaint.

Shadowknight1

Quote from: reinier zwanink on February 16, 2015, 02:14:17 PM
Do thouse 2 have different colors?
The Papo Allosaurus tends to vary a LOT in colors.  I have one that doesn't have the black around the eyes.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

Meso-Cenozoic

I'm thinking about displaying my Papo Apato (that is when I get him) with the newer WS Jurassic period dinos. I think he'll look nice-n-big with them! Then again, I have always had all my Papo together. Maybe he'll have to roam every now and then. ;)

reinier zwanink

Quote from: Meso-Cenozoic on February 16, 2015, 10:37:11 PM
Yeah, I also think Papo's back legs are a bit too short. By being shorter, it also doesn't make the start of the tail higher. They're also longer on the little model in front.

reinier zwanink -- Nice pic! BTW, what is the make of the smaller blue/green spiky Apato in front? He looks really nice!

That is a 1/72 apato from david krentz
Was still available last week at dan's

tanystropheus

Quote from: Meso-Cenozoic on February 17, 2015, 05:18:00 AM
I'm thinking about displaying my Papo Apato (that is when I get him) with the newer WS Jurassic period dinos. I think he'll look nice-n-big with them! Then again, I have always had all my Papo together. Maybe he'll have to roam every now and then. ;)

Get 2 of them! 1 per collection.  ;D

Everything_Dinosaur

Here is our brief video review of the Papo Young Apatosaurus dinosaur model.  The video is just over eight minutes long and in it we explain a little about why the Papo replica looks the way it does.  We focus on that very thick neck as well as talking about the disproportionately small head and the whip-like tail.

Paried metapophyses at the ready: http://youtu.be/VJEMcUOR8Ao

Centrosaur86

Blade-of-the-Moon

Hmmm..the back legs look much more proportionate in your video review than in Reiner's pic. longer and thinner.  Maybe it was the angle?

tanystropheus

Excellent review. You can tell that a lot of love, research and dedication went into this model. I like how you said that you need a magnifying glass to view the nostrils  ^-^

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Everything_Dinosaur on February 17, 2015, 02:42:13 PM
Here is our brief video review of the Papo Young Apatosaurus dinosaur model.  The video is just over eight minutes long and in it we explain a little about why the Papo replica looks the way it does.  We focus on that very thick neck as well as talking about the disproportionately small head and the whip-like tail.

Paried metapophyses at the ready: http://youtu.be/VJEMcUOR8Ao
Thanks for the video product description is very detailed.

Meso-Cenozoic

Quote from: reinier zwanink on February 17, 2015, 06:02:13 AM
Quote from: Meso-Cenozoic on February 16, 2015, 10:37:11 PM

That is a 1/72 apato from david krentz
Was still available last week at dan's

Thanks reinier! I thought it looked familiar.

Quote from: tanystropheus on February 17, 2015, 07:10:06 AM
Quote from: Meso-Cenozoic on February 17, 2015, 05:18:00 AM

Get 2 of them! 1 per collection.  ;D

Stop! Trust me. I don't need help in spending more money. ;) LOL!

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 17, 2015, 07:00:53 PM
Hmmm..the back legs look much more proportionate in your video review than in Reiner's pic. longer and thinner.  Maybe it was the angle?

I agree. Mike even mentions how the back legs are longer. (BTW, nice vid, Mike!) I think a lot of the pics we've been seeing have been taken at a slightly higher angle, so to see a bit of the top as well.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: