News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Papo - New for 2015

Started by DinoLord, December 18, 2014, 09:37:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Meso-Cenozoic

Thanks for all the pics, Kristian! It really helps to tell the comparative scale of the Apato to the others. Yeah, it's smaller than I'd like. But, he's still a cool sculpt. He'll just have to be teenager/sub-adult. That's probably what Al would go after anyway. ;)

Dinomike

It looks great in your photos Kristian!  I'm not bothered by the size. I have a feeling we'll be seeing this critter in a lot of dioramas. :)
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

Shonisaurus

Thanks for sharing Kristian new pictures of Papo, the apatosaurus is gorgeous, it's bigger than I thought.
Incidentally magnificent collection of dinosaurs Papo.

Centrosaur86

You,re welcome guys!  :D

suspsy

Quote from: kristian on February 14, 2015, 09:28:57 AM

For Pete's sake, Apatosaurus, eat something! This diet is killing you!
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Everything_Dinosaur

Everything Dinosaur has now received stocks of the two new Papo models for 2015...

Young Apatosaurus: Young Apatosaurus

Tupuxuara Pterosaur: Papo Tupuxuara

Remember, as Everything Dinosaur is VAT registered, customers outside of the EU don't pay sales tax which means all product prices are minus 20% to non EU residents.

Arul

Hahaha the bone are high detail, good for art not good for it health in real life

Albertosaurus

Quote from: Everything_Dinosaur on February 14, 2015, 02:25:59 PM
Everything Dinosaur has now received stocks of the two new Papo models for 2015...

Young Apatosaurus: Young Apatosaurus

Tupuxuara Pterosaur: Papo Tupuxuara

Remember, as Everything Dinosaur is VAT registered, customers outside of the EU don't pay sales tax which means all product prices are minus 20% to non EU residents.

Just ordered both right now!! Can´t wait to take them home!

reinier zwanink

@ everything dinosaur

Why do you call it YOUNG apatosaurus
??

Shadowknight1

Is it just me, or does that top view of the Apatosaurus make it look like its neck vertebrae split in half?
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Shadowknight1 on February 14, 2015, 06:21:06 PM
Is it just me, or does that top view of the Apatosaurus make it look like its neck vertebrae split in half?

On less bulked out models there is a dip there..it looks like they went out their way to make it more prominent though.

Quen

Quote from: Shadowknight1 on February 14, 2015, 06:21:06 PM

Apatosaurus did have bifurcated vertebrae in it's neck, if that's what your wondering about.

tanystropheus

It is absolutely amazing that this Papo model reflects all these details.

STORMnlNIJMEGEN

The cal it young apatosaurus because PAPO said in the beginning,,,youg appatosaurus,
so there is a bit of hope for an adult next year
The Return Of The Mammoth's

Shadowknight1

Well, that's a neat fact about Apatosaurus that I didn't know! ;D
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

Concavenator

Quote from: STORMnlNIJMEGEN on February 14, 2015, 07:14:16 PM
The cal it young apatosaurus because PAPO said in the beginning,,,youg appatosaurus,
That's false.Papo refers at it as "Apatosaurus".And most sellers I've seen also refers at it as just "Apatosaurus".It's Just ED that sells it as a subadult one.

Daspletodave

I like the Apatosaurus, but it is TINY next to that Brachiosaurus.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Shadowknight1 on February 14, 2015, 07:41:30 PM
Well, that's a neat fact about Apatosaurus that I didn't know! ;D

If it was more on the robust side you probably wouldn't even see it..or at least barely.

Quote from: Concavenator on February 14, 2015, 07:43:05 PM
Quote from: STORMnlNIJMEGEN on February 14, 2015, 07:14:16 PM
That's false.Papo refers at it as "Apatosaurus".And most sellers I've seen also refers at it as just "Apatosaurus".It's Just ED that sells it as a subadult one.

When ED posted about the Apato originally, it was said it was called a Young Apatosaurus. It was assumed this came from Papo. 

link : http://blog.everythingdinosaur.co.uk/blog/_archives/2014/12/18/new-from-papo-for-2015.html

darth daniel

According to the description at Urzeitshop, the model´s length (following the spine) is 55.5 cm. They claim it is 1:40 scale, which would mean it represents a 22.2 m long animal. This corresponds well to the length of 21-22.8 m which Wikipedia provides for CM 3018 (A. louisae).
Wikipedia also mentions undescribed finds of individuals 11-30% longer though, which would make the model too small for 1:40. What scale is the Brachiosaurus?

dragon53

Does Papo have predetermined production runs for its dinosaurs?....In other words, hypothetically the Carnotaurus will be produced for two years; the Dimetrodon for three years, the Running T-Rex for two years, etc.?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: