News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Papo - New for 2015

Started by DinoLord, December 18, 2014, 09:37:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dragon53

Which Apatosaurus is bigger, the Papo or Wild Safari?
Does anyone have both to compare the actual sizes?

Shonisaurus

Quote from: dragon53 on March 28, 2015, 11:05:37 PM
Which Apatosaurus is bigger, the Papo or Wild Safari?
Does anyone have both to compare the actual sizes?
I have two apatosaurus the Safari is more robust but less long than Papo, I hope this helps.

Blade-of-the-Moon

I'd say they are about the same size. The Papo is shorter , it's tail is longer but it is also stretched out whereas the Safari is curving a lot. Necks are about the same length..but the Papo is definitely thicker.

dragon53

Thanks for the info.

Two more questions about the Papo Apatosaurus vs Wild Safari Apatosaurus.

1. Any photos of the two side-by-side?
2. Which one is more scientifically correct?

Blade-of-the-Moon

1.Would have to take some.
2. I think it all depends which species as I think they are different ones. But for my money the WS wins out, it pose is a bit speculative in regard to the position of the tail/neck but that's about it.

joossa

The apatosaurus arrived today and it's gorgeous. I took plenty of pictures to compare it with other figures. As others have mentioned, I too, wish it was bigger.

-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

tyrantqueen

That Apato is pretty good, it's like having a mini Sideshow statue....minus the pulverised bank account >:D

suspsy

Baby, juvenile, or adult, that neck is just plain too wide. I still plan on getting that toy, but the neck is too wide.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

dragon53

JOOSA:

Thanks for the great photos. I was thinking about getting the Wild Safari Apatosaurus, but your photos show the Papo Apatosaurus looks a lot better, and its size is comparable to the Wild Safari version.
I'll stick with the Papo.

tanystropheus

Quote from: suspsy on April 12, 2015, 02:42:23 AM
Baby, juvenile, or adult, that neck is just plain too wide. I still plan on getting that toy, but the neck is too wide.

The neck is perfectly reasonable for Apatosaurus. Apatosaurus is known for having bifurcated, thick necks with paired spines. WS and SS versions also have thick necks. The Papo version seems to emphasize the underlying bony architecture, though.

suspsy

I'm well aware of Apatosaurus's thick neck, having examined a number of skeletons in my life, including the one at the AMNH. But the Papo toy's neck still looks a little too thick. Or the body is too skinny. And neither  the WS nor the SS versions are that extreme.

Pachyrhinosaurus

It does look a little thick, but not unbearably so for my tastes:
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

suspsy

Oh, not for mine either. I still want it.

KeU

Safari has stepped up some this year as well, the new models by Doug really display well with the Papos.

SpartanSquat

Any news from Mini Tube 2?

Shonisaurus

For my part I spoke more than a month ago with Papo distributor in Spain Jocs Esemebe and they said they would come soon ... until today.

I guess that will be marketed in mid-July, as in the past year. Moreover not even in the online shops that product is sold.

SpartanSquat

Quote from: Shonisaurus on June 11, 2015, 03:21:15 PM
For my part I spoke more than a month ago with Papo distributor in Spain Jocs Esemebe and they said they would come soon ... until today.

I guess that will be marketed in mid-July, as in the past year. Moreover not even in the online shops that product is sold.
Very strange because the first minitube I got in June.

Shonisaurus

I give me a song in the teeth which the product is placed on the market in June was as you say in the past year as well.

But I prefer to be pessimistic so that there is a pleasant surprise.

LophoLeeVT

noticed the papo mini dino from the first page on the right? if it is supposed to be a trex it has 3 front claws!!!!!!!!!!!!!! or mabye....maybe it is a mini of the unreleased giganotosaurus !!!!!!!!!!
check out MY NEW YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!Blueproduction dino action!!! Dont forget to subscribe for more stuff!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLWQjvkq8qSyXALeEkHFeqw

CityRaptor

Yes, that has been discussed somewhere in the thread that this is most likely Giganotosaurus.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: