News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Papo - New for 2015

Started by DinoLord, December 18, 2014, 09:37:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gwangi

My Papo Allosaurus was one of my first models, it stands without issue. Still one of my all time favorite figures.

LophoLeeVT

me too yough the dilophosaurus is 1st
check out MY NEW YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!Blueproduction dino action!!! Dont forget to subscribe for more stuff!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLWQjvkq8qSyXALeEkHFeqw

Victoria's Cantina

I'm getting a new Allo tomorrow. Hopefully it stands! Unfortunately I saw that Amazon packed it with some shelves. I hope they had the common decency to protect it somehow...

joossa

Quote from: Victoria B on August 05, 2015, 04:33:45 AM
I'm getting a new Allo tomorrow. Hopefully it stands! Unfortunately I saw that Amazon packed it with some shelves. I hope they had the common decency to protect it somehow...
Good luck with it!

I have noticed that Amazon has been rather lazy in the packaging methods. Unless the box is pretty much full, items aren't packed tightly enough to prevent them from jumping and shifting around in the box.
-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

Halichoeres

Quote from: joossa on August 05, 2015, 06:39:10 AM
Quote from: Victoria B on August 05, 2015, 04:33:45 AM
Good luck with it!

I have noticed that Amazon has been rather lazy in the packaging methods. Unless the box is pretty much full, items are packed tightly enough to prevent them from jumping and shifting around in the box.
They've been trying to "go green" by reducing packaging material for all kinds of items. I've basically stopped buying books from them because they always turn up with bent corners and creased dust jackets. I think it's an admirable goal to reduce plastic waste, but given their competing goals of being the fastest at everything, and undercutting everyone else's prices, careful packing is a casualty.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

terrorchicken

QuoteThey've been trying to "go green" by reducing packaging material for all kinds of items. I've basically stopped buying books from them because they always turn up with bent corners and creased dust jackets.

I had to return a Disney art book to them b/c they squished it into a box the exact same width of the book and it ended up getting its corners squashed/bent. Fortunately they did exchange it for another one that came in good condition.

Victoria's Cantina

Yeah, it's a shame they can't even pack books (which I think is the main thing they started out selling) properly. I got a large Disney book last year of all the attraction posters from the parks and the sleeve was creased in one corner due to lack of packing. My husband and I used to order record albums off Amazon, but again, they don't pack them all that well so the jackets arrive creased. We're very picky so we went to another online venue for record albums.

LophoLeeVT

check out MY NEW YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!Blueproduction dino action!!! Dont forget to subscribe for more stuff!!!!

Dilopho

Quote from: Victoria B on August 05, 2015, 08:57:12 PM
Yeah, it's a shame they can't even pack books (which I think is the main thing they started out selling) properly. I got a large Disney book last year of all the attraction posters from the parks and the sleeve was creased in one corner due to lack of packing. My husband and I used to order record albums off Amazon, but again, they don't pack them all that well so the jackets arrive creased. We're very picky so we went to another online venue for record albums.
Victoria....your post is reply #666....
....Are you a demon?

(I'm just joking. I'm not religious.)

Anyway, yeah. Amazon does have packing issues. I ordering a doctor who figure (well, actually a pack of 20 mini figures in the same box) from them, and the card backing was all bent, so I can't display them in box.

LophoLeeVT

a demon...................hahaha

suspsy

Found these at a mall toy shop called Le Tamourin outside of Montreal. I didn't know Papo had repainted these guys for individual retail. They look waaaaaaaaay nicer than the Toob versions. But they were $4.99 each, so I passed.

I'd probably buy the large RTR and the Triceratops in those colours though!
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

CityRaptor

Looks like their Spino is purple, too. Was there something influential with a purple Spinosaurus recently? I mean it doesn't match the Dinosaur King one...
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

SpartanSquat

I saw them in Natural History Museum shop last week. Do you think this will be new color version? Its my idea or the Spinosaurus looks very similar in colour to schleich mini?

Jetoar

Quote from: RolandEden on September 09, 2015, 04:11:42 PM
I saw them in Natural History Museum shop last week. Do you think this will be new color version? Its my idea or the Spinosaurus looks very similar in colour to schleich mini?

Yes it is  ^-^.It is really similar :).
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

LophoLeeVT

wo trike looks really neatㅅㅅ

Centrosaur86

For those who like to see! I Have also ordered the running Olorotitan in the same colors. It is a nice Olorotitan male and female!

tyrantqueen

Those Paleo World Studio hadrosaurs are great looking.

Viking Spawn

Agreed!  At first I thought they were a new Sideshow product! 

Centrosaur86

the Olorotitans are (1:40) by Vitali Klatt and painted by Martin Garratt. Also have the Argentinosaurus (1:38) by Sean Cooper ordered from Urzeitshop (Germany). Their also sent to Martin Garratt to paint it for me. Photo, s of that model I will also post here. These models stand by their scale and perfection, well next to the Papo Dinosaurs.  :D

Daspletodave

Does Urzeitshop ship to North America?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: