News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Papo - New for 2015

Started by DinoLord, December 18, 2014, 09:37:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CityRaptor

Well, oops. Could be worse, could be a Megathingy! ;D

Quote from: Shonisaurus on July 12, 2015, 02:29:33 PM
It is a shame that the Olorotitan not really the brand Papo broadly dinosaurs do not ornithopods by the toy company ... and the truth is that they are beautiful animals. A shame.

But if there is no demand for these dinosaurs toy companies are not going to throw money.

Sadly Ornothopods don't sell well. Which is a shame, but also ironic, given that horses, the mammlian counterpart to them, are among the best selling and most often reproduced modern animal figures.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Hermes888

Quote from: CityRaptor on July 12, 2015, 11:07:21 AMPlans are... Iguanodong
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Are these anything more than rumors though? No offense to Papo, but a feathered Velociraptor is way too progressive for them. Consider that their Archaeopteryx still had a scaly face and neck.

Halichoeres

Quote from: Hermes888 on July 13, 2015, 01:11:34 AM
Quote from: CityRaptor on July 12, 2015, 11:07:21 AMPlans are... Iguanodong
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Are these anything more than rumors though? No offense to Papo, but a feathered Velociraptor is way too progressive for them. Consider that their Archaeopteryx still had a scaly face and neck.

Dyscrasia very kindly translated an interview with Papo's dinosaur sculptor, wherein the sculptor indicated that the Baryonyx, Iguanodon, and feathered Velociraptor are in the works:
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=3437.0

Also LOL @ "Iguanodong"
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Mauro "Raptor86"

CityRaptor

It should be noted that these two are not replacements, but Limited Editions.
Oh no

Arul

Cool, but i think the coloration looks too cute for fierce animal (you know, papo style, monster-looking). Well, its limited edition anyway so lets get it  ;D

suspsy

Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

CityRaptor

Quote from: ARUL on July 30, 2015, 11:39:22 AM
Cool, but i think the coloration looks too cute for fierce animal (you know, papo style, monster-looking). Well, its limited edition anyway so lets get it  ;D

Well, the T.rex is still mostly shades of brown.
Oh no

Appalachiosaurus

The main reason I buy Papos are because of Jurassic Park nostalgia, so these new color schemes are not really something I want to spend money on giving they don't look right on the JP T. rex and when other things like the new CollectA Spinosaurus are coming out. Now if the Running T. rex had this color scheme, I would consider buying it.

(Also, why does Papo use the JP3 male color scheme on their raptors? I want a brown JP one darnit!)

Patrx

Quote from: Appalachiosaurus on July 30, 2015, 04:07:38 PM
The main reason I buy Papos are because of Jurassic Park nostalgia, so these new color schemes are not really something I want to spend money on...
The same goes for me. I do like the looks of the new 'raptor, but it's not something I'll be buying.

Quote from: Appalachiosaurus on July 30, 2015, 04:07:38 PM
(Also, why does Papo use the JP3 male color scheme on their raptors? I want a brown JP one darnit!)
They existed, once upon a time! The first iteration of the 'raptor was brown. Those old ones can be pretty tough to come by these days, however.

Blade-of-the-Moon

lol I bought 6 of those Raptors to customize into a pack and have slowly sold them off to members. heh 

You could always have one repainted in the brown coloration, it's not really that hard.

Roselaar

Quote from: CityRaptor on July 30, 2015, 10:51:09 AM
It should be noted that these two are not replacements, but Limited Editions.

Hhmm, how limited will they be? Not as much as the Brown Running Rex I hope? And do they only come as a pair?

SpartanSquat

I really like these new ones! But these were leaked long time ago as new repaints?
Also Mini Tub 2 Dinosaurs

I dont know if somebody saw them, but one friend went to Natural History Museum of Madrid and he saw the mini dinosaurs with different colours! He only saw Triceratops, Spinosaurus and Tyrannosaurus.
Triceratops is green and the frill and head is brown. T-rex is brown with black stripes and Spinosaurus is purple with yellow sail.

suspsy

Did your friend take any photos of these variants?
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Shadowknight1

Okay, those look a little better than the picture on the first page.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

Arul

That mini pteranodon looks not so bad, mini trike from papo still the best of all minifigure  :D

kreativtek

This is difficult for me to say, but Papo keeps disappointing me recently. First I buy a flawed Apatosaurus with sloppy paintjob, then an Allosaurus which cannot stand on its own after just a few days, and now the company takes all the realism away from two of its best figures by making them look like Christmas trees. I definitely do not like the new repaints, however I enjoy the way they've added life to the Raptor's head. I guess this is where my adventure with Papo dinosaurs ends. If it wasn't for lower-quality materials the recently produced models are made of, I would probably get over the paintjob. But I just can't.

terrorchicken

how big are those tub minis? I think they are kinda rough looking, but I wonder if the dimetrodon is the same size as the Bullyland edaphosaurus?

Shadowknight1

Quote from: kreativtek on July 31, 2015, 05:15:19 PM
This is difficult for me to say, but Papo keeps disappointing me recently. First I buy a flawed Apatosaurus with sloppy paintjob, then an Allosaurus which cannot stand on its own after just a few days, and now the company takes all the realism away from two of its best figures by making them look like Christmas trees. I definitely do not like the new repaints, however I enjoy the way they've added life to the Raptor's head. I guess this is where my adventure with Papo dinosaurs ends. If it wasn't for lower-quality materials the recently produced models are made of, I would probably get over the paintjob. But I just can't.
Honestly, those paint jobs may not even be permanent replacements in the line.  Also, if you have issues, return for better ones, maybe?  I can't vouch for Apatosaurus, but my second Allosaurus definitely stands a lot better than my first.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

tanystropheus

Quote from: kreativtek on July 31, 2015, 05:15:19 PM

I think those are manufacturing errors. I have no issues with Apatosaurus or Allosaurus, whatsoever.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: