News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Pawn's Garage World 2014

Started by Pawnosuchus, December 30, 2014, 02:03:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pawnosuchus

This is a video of my Garage World  2014. I've made a few additions and subtractions since my last video. I try to get the best representation(or my favorite) of each species in as close to 1-40 scale as possible. For instance the new Wild Safari Sauropelta replaced the old Schleich one. No contest. I currently have 219 total species and 385 total creatures in my giant diorama. (Rejects consigned to box in basement.) I try to keep them in geological ages, Pre-Dinosaur, Triassic, Jurassic, Cretaceous, and Mammals as much as space limitations provide. My wife does the landscaping with whatever materials we find. For purists, I will admit that some interactions between Dinosaurs are inaccurate. I had a technical problem with the sound on this video, but I believe the visual aspect is more interesting to forum members. Enjoy! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNB7opBCDF4

Arul

Awesome  :D the sauropod walking down the land like a boss   :))

Dinomike

Very impressive!  How long is the display? Must take up quite a lot of space.
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

Manatee

I can honestly say yours is one of the best collections on here, and that is no small feat. The display looks amazing; you can tell you really spent a lot of time constructing it.

Paleogene Pals

Roselaar

Spectacular display! And so many great figures, too. Excellent collection. :)

Pawnosuchus

Thanks everyone for your comments. It means a lot to me to have other members enjoy my collection. Dinomike, to answer your question, My set-up is about 20 ft. long and it varies in width between 4 and 2 feet. It's mostly 4 but there are a few areas that are cut out to give me access. I have about a half-dozen flying reptiles hanging in the air but, the wife didn't get them on the video. Thanks again, I appreciate all the comments!

Pawnosuchus

I'm still looking for a decent Wooly Rhino in or around 1-40 scale for my collection. Any suggestions?

Doug Watson

Uroplatus

Oh my... So many great models on that display. Very nice.

Halichoeres

This is great. Almost makes me wish I didn't live on the 7th floor--I'd never have the space for something this imposing.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Crackington

Great to see your updated collection Pawn, one of my favourites on the Forum. Mrs Pawn (not sure if I should call her that!) has done a brilliant job on the decor and the filming.

I think the Starlux Wooly Rhino is just about 1:40 by my rough calculations, but probably more by accident than design! Member Juju 1305 has a nice snap of it in a Forum thread from 2012. Its a nice vintage model:

http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=643.0

Pawnosuchus

Thanx again everyone for your comments! Crack, I've never been a big fan of Starlux although I acknowledge their importance in the history of collecting. I think the only one I have is the Eohippus.  If that Wooly Rhino is close to 1-40 I think I'll get one eventually.  Just can't take my Rhino being bigger than the mammoths.

Pachyrhinosaurus

I remember your video from v1 and after seeing this, it is clear that  you put lots of well-spent time and effort into this! I wanted to do something similar myself at one point, but space is not in abundance for me.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.