News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

2016 Hopes & Dreams

Started by Concavenator, January 10, 2015, 12:05:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

suspsy

Reading over the thread on Permian animals, I am hit with a desire to see Papo make a companion for its Dimetrodon. An Estemmenosuchus would be fabulous.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

tanystropheus

Quote from: suspsy on January 31, 2015, 12:48:22 AM
Reading over the thread on Permian animals, I am hit with a desire to see Papo make a companion for its Dimetrodon. An Estemmenosuchus would be fabulous.

That would be awesome. I would also like to see an Edaphosaurus and Moschops made by Papo.

sauroid

"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

DinoG

Quote from: tanystropheus on January 31, 2015, 05:58:25 AM
Quote from: suspsy on January 31, 2015, 12:48:22 AM

That would be awesome. I would also like to see an Edaphosaurus and Moschops made by Papo.

Agreed!!!
Run!

Concavenator

Quote from: stargatedalek on January 29, 2015, 07:04:36 PM
I don't see it. I'm comparing mine in hand to all the best diagrams I can find and I see nothing inaccurate with the tail. Remember the the tail is curved so the feathers aren't going to be stretched out straight.
When the discovery of Microraptor's colors was showed,the paper,or whatever it is,showed that Microraptor's  tail was like this:
http://thecasualpaleoartist.blogspot.com.es/2012/03/finally-black-microraptor-is-done.html
Have you got th new Carnegie Velociraptor?The tail of Microraptor should look like the one of that model.If you haven't got it,I could show you.

stargatedalek

As far as I can tell the Carnegie microraptor does show that tail shape, except that it's also being swept to the side which would make the feathers "blend" together.

indominus rex

I really hope papo makes an giganotosaurus because I saw the mini tube and it has a mini giganotosaurus in it, and knowing palos track history any mini figure made by Palo has already been made into a regular sized figure. So hopefully Papo will either half way into the year or next year releases a giganotosaurus.

Pachyrhinosaurus

Quote from: indominus rex on February 03, 2015, 02:05:11 AM
I really hope papo makes an giganotosaurus because I saw the mini tube and it has a mini giganotosaurus in it, and knowing palos track history any mini figure made by Palo has already been made into a regular sized figure. So hopefully Papo will either half way into the year or next year releases a giganotosaurus.

As much as I want a giganotosaurus figure, I can't help but wonder, what if it was made do be the 'draw' of the set? All the other figures are made in a larger form however the gig could be something different so that people buy the set for it. I hope that's not true, but its just a thought.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

indominus rex

As much as I hate that idea it is definitely a possibility that this could be the case but I hope that isn't true with all the hype that is being made about them making a giganotosaurus.

suspsy

The Nuremberg Toy Fair has come and gone and there's been no sign or mention of a Giganotosaurus. I suspect we shall have to wait until next year.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Yutyrannus

Quote from: stargatedalek on January 27, 2015, 09:44:06 PM
I think I speak for all of us when I say that more extinct whales are long overdue. CollectA did a wonderful job on their kelenken and dare I say its one of their finest pieces, and I would love to see them try and tackle some other extinct birds. Argentavis, raphus (dodo), phorusrhacos, andalgalornis, and my personal favorite choice pelagornis. Pelagornis was the largest flying bird of all time and who wouldn't want to have a giant toothed sea bird to show their pterosaurs a little competition.

Yes, definitely. And for whales I would love a Collecta Maiaicetus.

Also, here is what I would like to see from Battat:
Microraptor (No company has done one yet and for some reason I think that Battat should be the one to do so, I'm not entirely sure what that reason is I just know that I have one  :)) )
Gorgonopsid (Any species, I think Dan LoRusso's sculpting style is absolutely perfect for a gorgonopsid :) )
Nanuqsaurus (It would be really cool to see Battat, being an older company that's just "returned", release a figure of one of the newer discoveries, and I'm quite sure Nanuqsaurus is in the right size range for the Terra line)

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

Concavenator

Quote from: Yutyrannus on February 03, 2015, 06:32:35 AM
I think I speak for all of us when I say that more extinct whales are long overdue. CollectA did a wonderful job on their kelenken and dare I say its one of their finest pieces, and I would love to see them try and tackle some other extinct birds. Argentavis, raphus (dodo), phorusrhacos, andalgalornis, and my personal favorite choice pelagornis. Pelagornis was the largest flying bird of all time and who wouldn't want to have a giant toothed sea bird to show their pterosaurs a little competition.

Microraptor (No company has done one yet and for some reason I think that Battat should be the one to do so, I'm not entirely sure what that reason is I just know that I have one  :)) )
Gorgonopsid (Any species, I think Dan LoRusso's sculpting style is absolutely perfect for a gorgonopsid :) )
Nanuqsaurus (It would be really cool to see Battat, being an older company that's just "returned", release a figure of one of the newer discoveries, and I'm quite sure Nanuqsaurus is in the right size range for the Terra line)
I suggested Nanuqsaurus too,however,Dan himself told me that he wouldn't do one because its rests are too fragmentary and he isn't for speculating.Regarding Microraptor,I sent  CollectA a suggestion for doing a latge one for their new Supreme Range,so we would have one that is as large as the Guidraco I hope.Oh,and Dan LoRusoo has also said that he won't be doing any non-dinosaurs as of know.I'd love to see one,too,though.

sauroid

Quote from: Yutyrannus on February 03, 2015, 06:32:35 AM

Carnegie made a Microraptor a few years back.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Yutyrannus

Quote from: Concavenator on February 03, 2015, 07:02:48 AM
I suggested Nanuqsaurus too,however,Dan himself told me that he wouldn't do one because its rests are too fragmentary and he isn't for speculating.Regarding Microraptor,I sent  CollectA a suggestion for doing a latge one for their new Supreme Range,so we would have one that is as large as the Guidraco I hope.Oh,and Dan LoRusoo has also said that he won't be doing any non-dinosaurs as of know.I'd love to see one,too,though.
Oh, that's too bad. Well maybe Safari will release one.

Yeah, I remember that, I'm just hoping he'll change his mind ;D. His style of sculpting really is perfect for therapsids so I really hope he will eventually make some.

Quote from: sauroid on February 03, 2015, 07:04:20 AM
Carnegie made a Microraptor a few years back.
I meant no one has made a Microraptor that isn't outdated.

stargatedalek

Its not hard to repaint the Carnegie micro xD

Yutyrannus

Quote from: stargatedalek on February 03, 2015, 07:36:02 AM
But it also has a crest and the outdated tail, not to mention it is very shrink-wrapped. I'd basically have to re-sculpt the entire model. I would rather a cool birdlike, fluffy one from Battat (although it is a bit small for that line).

Concavenator

Quote from: Yutyrannus on February 03, 2015, 05:45:24 PM
Quote from: stargatedalek on February 03, 2015, 07:36:02 AM
But it also has a crest and the outdated tail, not to mention it is very shrink-wrapped. I'd basically have to re-sculpt the entire model. I would rather a cool birdlike, fluffy one from Battat (although it is a bit small for that line).
That's true.And Dan himself told that he won't be doing small animals soon,but perhaps Battat will have a line of big models of small dinosaurs.So perhaps he could do one.However,I think we wold rather see a new one by CollectA rather than Battat.And yes,Microraptor is awesome! The most similar thing to that is the new Safari Archaeopteryx.It's fantastic!

stargatedalek

As I've been saying the tail isn't necessarily the wrong shape, its bent so far to the side that its impossible to say. Feathers aren't static they bend and swerve. As for the crest that's not inaccurate per-se either, it is after all a very small crest. The feathers do hug the body rather closely which is an issue, I just don't see it is such a big issue that a completely new sculpt from the same company is really worth it. As is its the most accurate wet microraptor ever :P (and the most accurate mass produced toy dromaeosaur ever).

All that said I would love to have a larger figure of microraptor, I just don't feel its necessary for a direct replacement of the Carnegie one.

Yutyrannus

Quote from: stargatedalek on February 03, 2015, 06:57:03 PM
As I've been saying the tail isn't necessarily the wrong shape, its bent so far to the side that its impossible to say. Feathers aren't static they bend and swerve. As for the crest that's not inaccurate per-se either, it is after all a very small crest. The feathers do hug the body rather closely which is an issue, I just don't see it is such a big issue that a completely new sculpt from the same company is really worth it. As is its the most accurate wet microraptor ever :P (and the most accurate mass produced toy dromaeosaur ever).

All that said I would love to have a larger figure of microraptor, I just don't feel its necessary for a direct replacement of the Carnegie one.
I didn't ask for one from the same company though, I said that I hoped to see one from Battat ;).

Concavenator

Yutyrannus,there would still be an issue with Nanuqsaurus.I don't think it'd be feathered.That's why,if I want to see any tyrannosaur,suggest it to CollectA.Their Bistahieversor and new Tyrannosaurus are awesome and feathered.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: